Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2021, 09:14   #7021
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Online purchase issue with Sony at SC website (official sony website)

With all major players in online mode now- I decided to purchase a camera online from ShopatSC- sony center.

Critical piece of the story:I got an option for no-cost EMI- I selected it as it was the most logical one.

The site informed me that the delivery will happen via the local distributor(Suyog, Pune). Suyog informed me that they do not have the camera in stock and they will re-route the order- after 2 days of no updates on site/mail I raised multiple queries on all channels for Sony online sales there is no call center only an Email ID . After multiple calls I got the Sony escalation mail ID and dropped them an email- that the product is not available at the dealer, there is no routing happening backend, and my money is stuck.

Within a day the ShopatSC canceled my order and started the process of refund

But I also get another mail that my smart EMI is processed and I see multiple deductions on my credit card- processing fees, GST etc.

Without product being delivered- I am asked to pay an EMI and other charges- resulting in setting off my credit score and giving me a hard time.

This post is an FYI to make you aware of the types of difficulties faced by online buyers, I am also now dropping multiple mails, tweets for they are deducting my money for no reason and its harassment.

I shall keep the thread updated on how Sony and HDFC clear the wrongdoing

While online is a lot of ease- the troubles are also a lot more painful
PioneerNB is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 10:56   #7022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerNB View Post
Online purchase issue with Sony at SC website (official sony website)

While online is a lot of ease- the troubles are also a lot more painful
I am also facing similar issue with an online purchase on Samsung India website. I bought a mobile phone off them and it was supposed to be delivered by 25th. Payment etc everything done. But still no sight of any delivery. Raised a complaint and it's the standard answer, they are looking into it! Very unprofessional. Disappointing experience. No more buying online from these kind of sites now.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 11:04   #7023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerNB View Post
Within a day the ShopatSC canceled my order and started the process of refund
I shall keep the thread updated on how Sony and HDFC clear the wrongdoing
I have faced similar EMI issues multiple times on Amazon, Flipkart and learned that once you take the option of EMI, if you want to cancel it then you have to request the credit card issuing bank. So, I would advise you to write to your credit card provider and ask them to cancel the EMI.
mercedised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 11:49   #7024
BHPian

Quote:
Raised a complaint and it's the standard answer, they are looking into it! Very unprofessional
@joslicx- I am making hell a lot of noise on platforms, Twitter, Emails(all the channels of Sony). In the online rush, the buyer is not protected from such happenings and happily, the bigger firms are sitting on our money- on Twitter HDFC has responded immediately hopefully they are able to reverse the charges. I totally get them being unprofessional due to lackluster customer protection here

Quote:
if you want to cancel it then you have to request the credit card issuing bank
@mercedised, this is such a hassle- to keep track of the GST and processing fees, etc to be removed from the statement- the process should be simple, if the order is not delivered/canceled the company and bank must terminate the EMI agreement and remove it from the statement. Such a simple process is complicated by the industry. Hopefully, Twitter's support for HDFC is able to sort this issue out with 0Rs impact on my account. Sad to see us being taken for a ride on account of company errors.
PioneerNB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 21:07   #7025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Has anyone shopped on www.ubuy.co.in?
Did you try ubuy ? I am looking for a battery for an older P&S Canon camera, and ubuy is showing the item at a decent price.
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:18   #7026
BANNED

Have bought hundreds of electronic items online.

Clothes : Myntra

Other items : Amazon

Car spares : Bodomo
Old 2nd January 2022, 23:04   #7027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did you try ubuy ? I am looking for a battery for an older P&S Canon camera, and ubuy is showing the item at a decent price.
No. I got the product through Desertcart. It was delivered within 15-20 days after shipping from USA via Dubai. There was no problems with the Customs department.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:32   #7028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the product through Desertcart.
Any reason to pick DC over Ubuy ? Just asking - I see DC also having this battery, though price a little higher.
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:27   #7029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Any reason to pick DC over Ubuy ? Just asking - I see DC also having this battery, though price a little higher.
The product was cheaper on Ubuy. But then on adding the shipping cost, it was more expensive than the one on Desertcart. One more reason was that I had used Desertcart when I was in Abu Dhabi.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:28   #7030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. on adding the shipping cost, it was more expensive than the one on Desertcart.
Yes, noticed the same case. Total cost when shipping is added, is higher on Ubuy. Let me try DC.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 13:26   #7031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
I'm sorry you had to go through this ordeal. Did you end up pursuing the matter or did you drop it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I persisted until I got my money back. While the product value was less than Rs.1000, I didn’t want to give up.
Having a major issue with Myntra where a parcel was delivered but several items missing. Tried and tried with their customer service but they keep just marking it as resolved without actually doing anything.

Does anyone have an escalation email or contact I could try or any suggestions on how to handle this?
Old 6th January 2022, 13:42   #7032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Having a major issue with Myntra where a parcel was delivered but several items missing. Tried and tried with their customer service but they keep just marking it as resolved without actually doing anything.

Does anyone have an escalation email or contact I could try or any suggestions on how to handle this?
I had to make a dozen phone calls before I could get a resolution. But yes, Myntra customer care has become very tricky lately and takes quite a bit of time & patience to tackle some error on Myntra’s side.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:21   #7033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post

Honestly, I havent had a pleasent end to my experience even after multiple attempts to contact them through the app. They kept marking my request as resolved, I kept reopening it letting them know that it wasn't resolved. Eventually they just removed the option for me to reopen the complaint. The whole experience just left a sour taste in my mouth and I will not be using their services anymore. The lack of customer support and protection is just ridiculous
2legit2quit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:28   #7034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
Honestly, I havent had a pleasent end to my experience even after multiple attempts to contact them through the app. They kept marking my request as resolved, I kept reopening it letting them know that it wasn't resolved. Eventually they just removed the option for me to reopen the complaint. The whole experience just left a sour taste in my mouth and I will not be using their services anymore. The lack of customer support and protection is just ridiculous
I did lot of online shopping from Myntra when it was an independent site. Haven't done any shopping from them in last 2 years as their customer service level went way down. Similar with Ajio, had a bad experience with few orders for my wife and had to spend lot of time in escalation.

Now I only use Amazon and Flipkart. Also, my recent experiences with Puma and Reebok buying directly from their websites have been quite good.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:50   #7035
Team-BHP Support

I never use the likes of Amazon, FK, Myntra etc for brands like Adidas, Nike, Reebok etc. Cant really tell whats fake or not.

We purchase directly from the website of Adidas & Reebok. Excellent experience. Same prices and authenticity guaranteed.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks