Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 15:03   #7081
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Noticed some tech reviewers on Youtube recommending glazedinc.com for buying cases and tempered glass so fell for it.

Ordered a back cover and tempered glass for my recently purchased phone. The package that came had only the tempered glass, the back cover was missing.

Went over to their website and noticed they have support only through email (no phone number provided). Shot them an email on Saturday, got an automated response saying a rep will resolve the concern within 48 hours.

No reply after 48 hours. Sent them a DM on Twitter.

No reply still so tagged them and raised a stink.

Been an hour since then as I type. No response.

Please avoid these robbers.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:12   #7082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Noticed some tech reviewers on Youtube recommending glazedinc.com for buying cases and tempered glass so fell for it.

Maybe tag the reviewers as well who nudged you to this store? I don’t know if it will help but worth a shot.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:23   #7083
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Maybe tag the reviewers as well who nudged you to this store? I don’t know if it will help but worth a shot.
Yes I did tag that guy as well. Let's see.

It's hard for me to use a new phone without protection, so would have to write this loss off and buy a new case.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:18   #7084
Distinguished - BHPian

Any experience/feedback on Tanotis?

I'm thinking of buying a camera bag from them. It is about 50% more expensive than buying abroad, but elsewhere I see double or more, and 50% is a lot cheaper than an air ticket!
Old 9th May 2022, 22:01   #7085
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I'm thinking of buying a camera bag from them. It is about 50% more expensive than buying abroad, but elsewhere I see double or more, and 50% is a lot cheaper than an air ticket!
They are a trusted website, wait time can be 2 to 3 weeks depending on which country the product is being imported from.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 17:31   #7086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had bought 32GB Transcend High Endurance MicroSD card for Blaukpunkt 2.0 Dashcam in Oct. 2019. The price was too steep. Rs. 3240/- + Shipping- Rs. 75/-.
But I received it and am currently using it without any problem. Touchwood.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 17:55   #7087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
They are a trusted website, wait time can be 2 to 3 weeks depending on which country the product is being imported from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I had bought 32GB Transcend High Endurance MicroSD ... ... ... But I received it and am currently using it without any problem.
Thanks, both. I had a feeling that I had seen a positive report in this thread, but searching did not find the name "tanotis."

I had the impression that the site is legit. One reason for that is that they are very straight about what they will not do! This is not Amazon, every purchase is imported specifically, and no, we cannot have a refund if we decide we don't like the colour... that sort of thing.

Now just have to decide if I can actually bring myself to spend over 27k on a camera bag. The US price is about $200, UK price is about GBP.150. About double . Bottom line, as I think I said, is that the difference is a heap cheaper than an airfare+accommodation!
Old 11th May 2022, 08:32   #7088
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

Ordered a back cover and tempered glass for my recently purchased phone. The package that came had only the tempered glass, the back cover was missing.

Went over to their website and noticed they have support only through email (no phone number provided). Shot them an email on Saturday, got an automated response saying a rep will resolve the concern within 48 hours.

No reply after 48 hours. Sent them a DM on Twitter.

Been an hour since then as I type. No response.

Please avoid these robbers.
At last day replied. Not only did I get a refund of the amount I had spent on the back cover, but they also initiated the delivery of the same. Apparently that case was out of stock so they sent the tempered glass first. But I still requested them to have a phone number on the website, which they said they are working on.

All's well that ends well.
Oxy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:54   #7089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
(Re Tanotis)

Now just have to decide if I can actually bring myself to spend over 27k on a camera bag. The US price is about $200, UK price is about GBP.150.
A friend is coming from UK in September, and will be happy to bring shopping for me. I'll be using my Rs.2,500 Lowepro bag a while longer, and won't be able to file a report on Tanotis here!

(I am only just now outgrowing the Lowepro, which is crammed with mirrorless camera plus five lenses. It has been fantastic value for money!)
Old 12th May 2022, 12:21   #7090
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be using my Rs.2,500 Lowepro bag a while longer...

(I am only just now outgrowing the Lowepro, which is crammed with mirrorless camera plus five lenses. It has been fantastic value for money!)
Your post brought back my old memories of, when I was researching for a camera-bag. Bought this 'Think-Tank Speed-Demon V2' at Flipkart (Rs.4,600 in year-2013) and it is serving me well. I hope it will outlive me!

(I own a Nikon D5200 with two lenses)

I took the recommendation of this (cranky) guy at https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/thi...peed-demon.htm
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-dsc_4888.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-dsc_4887.jpg  

Last edited by manim : 12th May 2022 at 12:25.
Old 12th May 2022, 12:47   #7091
BHPian

I'm just throwing an idea out here - many years ago, a service called Bring Me That from There came up. The idea was to connect flyers with unused luggage capacity to spare with people who wanted to get something from that particular place.

The person carrying it would be compensated and the person requesting would get their stuff. A win-win actually.

The fun bit, the founder is a passionate biker with his Yamaha R1 & his Harley Davidson Street Bob. He also co-founded a Biker group called Frenzy Riders at Bangalore in 2006. He seems to have a Team-BHP profile (rahulmansabdar) as well, which now seems inactive.

For some reason, BMTFT doesn't seem to be active now, but I feel there is a necessity for such a crowdsourced logistics service.

Given how TeamBHP is a tightly knit and trustworthy community of people who travel often, am I right in thinking that there might be a huge opportunity here?

Perhaps, if we could have a separate thread with requests, and people could then DM each other for the finer details?

This idea comes out of necessity - I have been regularly importing a coffee creamer from the US for the past few years. Have used services such as Shipito, Desertcart, etc. The recent logistics crunch has only driven shipping prices insanely high to the point that it does not make sense to use these services anymore. So, perhaps a crowdsourced alternative is something to be considered?
sugam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 13:58   #7092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
I'm just throwing an idea out here - many years ago, a service called Bring Me That from There came up. The idea was to connect flyers with unused luggage capacity to spare with people who wanted to get something from that particular place.

The person carrying it would be compensated and the person requesting would get their stuff. A win-win actually.
Its risky and will have very few takers. Nobody wants to become a drug mule. There are many ways by which illegal stuff can be hidden in innocent looking items.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:29   #7093
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Books are safest to buy , even computer peripherals are ok.
We do hear stories of mobiles being refurbished or not as promised. Thus for fast selling costly products visit a showroom or buy from company portal in India.

Last month I got a better deal in person at Tata croma for two air conditioners I just bought. Similarly at the redme store I gotta a free Bluetooth speaker and easy emi conversion. :-)

Home made food products should be avoided as freshness is almost always compromised. One can still buy a sealed product like Everest masala etc.

But Art collectors BEWARE, I have heard and seen many fooled , painting, sculpture, etc are very doubtful. You have to see and feel art yourself in person.

My friend bought a reinassance collection for almost a lakh, it was a known fake of course, still he received much inferior stuff. I bought a collection of scented candles and I guess just the box was scented, even the shape of candles was not as depicted and there was no return.

But my experience with souq.ae has being super, I have bought tons of electronics like big size tv, klispch speakers etc.. No issues. In fact in a Ramadan sale I got a Yamaha receiver for half the price.

So it's a mix bag.
Keep adding to this cart
Old 12th May 2022, 16:42   #7094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Though the idea sounds good, in reality this is a risky affair in the world we are living now. I'd surely be a little skeptical about taking stuffs from strangers unless he/she lets me examine the product inside out thoroughly. But still I'd be a little cautious.

Going OT, but if this idea does get implemented or if in testing phase. I have my DJI Mini 2 drone lying around in Dubai which needs to be brought here. I don't know if it would be a criminal offence to ask someone to bring drones considering the recent import restrictions now.
Old 12th May 2022, 17:56   #7095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Its risky and will have very few takers. Nobody wants to become a drug mule. There are many ways by which illegal stuff can be hidden in innocent looking items.
Yes, I completely agree with you, no one (myself included) would accept and carry stuff from strangers. The idea is more to do with the flyer buying stuff or ordering at the flyer's address and requesting them to carry. Probably too cumbersome and not worth the hassle, that's why BMTFT didn't take off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Though the idea sounds good, in reality this is a risky affair in the world we are living now. I'd surely be a little skeptical about taking stuffs from strangers unless he/she lets me examine the product inside out thoroughly. But still I'd be a little cautious.

Going OT, but if this idea does get implemented or if in testing phase. I have my DJI Mini 2 drone lying around in Dubai which needs to be brought here. I don't know if it would be a criminal offence to ask someone to bring drones considering the recent import restrictions now.
I have my eyes set on the Mini 3 pro to replace my Mavic Mini (1), but this thought is holding me back from ordering it. I did submit an RTI to the DGFT, but they denied to answer. Guess somebody else who has carried a nanodrone can throw some light on this?
sugam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks