Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:35   #7126
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Guys, having a real hard time to get an item replaced from Flipkart.
I placed an order for a caresmith percussion gun on Flipkart on 8th August. It was delivered on 9th of August. I opened the box to find out that the LCD of this massager has a few dead pixels. Immediately requested for a replacement. Replacement got approved.
But after that none has come to pick up the faulty product nor I have received replacement.
It has been 12 days and I am without the product and more so my money is also stuck.
I have contacted Flipkart multiple times and all they do is give false assurance and push back the resolution date by 2 days. Their chat support is pathetic, their phone support is equally irritating and they keep repeating that they will resolve the issue before the end of the call. And thats not it, they have the audacity to call everyday to tell me the same thing.

What options do I have?
1. Wait for Flipkart to take ages to resolve my issue.
2. Use this faulty product until the replacement shows up (I don't want to do that).
3. Avail warranty from the manufacturer meaning, again call the customer support of entirely new brand. I mean I don't have time to go through the hassle.
4. Use the faulty product and forget about it (remember I paid for a perfectly working brand new product).

Thanks,
Sagar
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:44   #7127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Guys, having a real hard time to get an item replaced from Flipkart.
---
I have contacted Flipkart multiple times and all they do is give false assurance and push back the resolution date by 2 days. Their chat support is pathetic, their phone support is equally irritating and they keep repeating that they will resolve the issue before the end of the call. And thats not it, they have the audacity to call everyday to tell me the same thing.
Flipkart's Customer care is a joke. I have experienced it a few times before.

Mail to grievance.officer@flipkart.com. That should set the ball rolling.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:44   #7128
Senior - BHPian

Shoppers Stop online are such cheats. On Adidas they'd announced 50% off. It was too good to be true, as UltraBoost was at 9K. I had placed a confirmed order and they write back after 4 days saying 'cant fulfill'. So disappointed. This way anybody can announce any SALE online and bait customers data
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:03   #7129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Shoppers Stop online are such cheats. On Adidas they'd announced 50% off. It was too good to be true, as UltraBoost was at 9K. I had placed a confirmed order and they write back after 4 days saying 'cant fulfill'. So disappointed. This way anybody can announce any SALE online and bait customers data
It is nothing too good to be true, Ultraboost was selling at 50% discount on adidas site. Friend got it from the adidas site itself. Shopper stop might have run out of stock geniunely.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 21:02   #7130
Senior - BHPian

Not the good ones in that range. My neighbour's kid bought from that sale, so I know
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It is nothing too good to be true, Ultraboost was selling at 50% discount on adidas site. Friend got it from the adidas site itself. Shopper stop might have run out of stock geniunely.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 21:06   #7131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Not the good ones in that range. My neighbour's kid bought from that sale, so I know
Good or bad then is a personal choice, but ultraboost did sell for 50% and 30% is usually the norm on adidas site.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 18:07   #7132
Senior - BHPian

I placed an order from Ajio and shipping partner is XPRESSBEES. Delhivery is saint comparing to this XPRESSBEES. They never attempt to deliver or contact you. I tried to reach them via contact number and PIN but call never gets connected.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 20:47   #7133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I placed an order from Ajio and shipping partner is XPRESSBEES. Delhivery is saint comparing to this XPRESSBEES. They never attempt to deliver or contact you. I tried to reach them via contact number and PIN but call never gets connected.
Tweet to them on twitter, they usually respond there and take action as well.

If you think Xpressbees is bad, wait till you get into problem with eKart. They have no social media presence, no complaint number, no grievance redressal mechanism at all! If anything goes wrong with your package, you are god's mercy!
Candy$Cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 22:19   #7134
BHPian

Anyone else witnessing Amazon experience get compromised over last few months? Since the time CloudTail and other in-house sellers reduced their presence, I have had multiple issues with orders. Defective products, wrong items, delays in delivery have become too frequent now.

I have practically moved to Croma for electronics items (they even do next day delivery for my pin code) and local suppliers for other things.
warrioraks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 22:51   #7135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Anyone else witnessing Amazon experience get compromised over last few months? Since the time CloudTail and other in-house sellers reduced their presence, I have had multiple issues with orders. Defective products, wrong items, delays in delivery have become too frequent now.

I have practically moved to Croma for electronics items (they even do next day delivery for my pin code) and local suppliers for other things.
Yes, its becoming bad.
I have stopped using Flipkart since years now and looks like Amazon doesn't want me to shop.

The number of returns on the My Orders page are now a days increasing. Usually because of the quality or incorrect or defective item.

So till the time there is no fuss over returns, I might shop on Amazon, later probably I will go back to the good old days of visiting the shop.

Isn't life a cyclic function...!
iamahunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 00:03   #7136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
So till the time there is no fuss over returns, I might shop on Amazon, later probably I will go back to the good old days of visiting the shop.
Yes true. To Amazon’s credit, the customer care still remains very approachable and resolution oriented. But consistency and reliability of order fulfilment is pathetic. So overall it is a very mixed experience now. Moreover, can’t trust Amazon for time sensitive items anymore because there is a high chance they will screw up the first delivery.

Last edited by warrioraks : 25th August 2022 at 00:04.
Old 25th August 2022, 06:59   #7137
BHPian

Quote:

My experience with Amazon hasn't changed since the exit of big sellers like Cloudtail. There are other big sellers that have taken their place (examples: Cocoblu retail, Amazon Retail, Retail EZ, R K world etc). For electronics,I mostly use Appario Retail. I have not landed into any issues so far.

Likewise with Flipkart, things are as usual. I think, it boils down to the choice of seller (example OmniTech Retail). I have often ordered a product from a big reliable seller at a slightly higher price than the lower price from another small time/ rogue seller.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 25th August 2022 at 07:18.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 08:38   #7138
BHPian

Quote:

I agree. I have had multiple problems with even sellers like RetailEZ, sending me defective cookware for example, -- the replacement also had defects, but I decided to still keep it since it didn't affect functionality this time, and also in order to avoid more hassle. It almost looked like they were selling factory seconds! -- Another highly rated seller sent an obviously used cookware that I returned for a refund. I've come to absolutely not trust their reviews, so only order brand name items, -- still there are problems. Looks like the seller ratings are not reliable either! -- And there, of course, is my long-standing grievance about Amazon's atrocious packaging quality with no improvement in sight!

Another recent policy change restricts my Amazon Fresh orders to a small subset of items from a local More supermarket only, and precludes any other seller, including Amazon's own brands! I'd given a feedback that this would force me to go elsewhere, but I don't really expect any improvement. Looks like I'd have to move gradually away from Amazon.
meerkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 13:35   #7139
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart has become thoroughly shoddy with their delivery processes. I ordered for a monitor yesterday and during purchase there was a message saying that it would be an open box delivery and that I'd have to provide the otp after inspecting the product. Returns based on a damaged or defective product would not be accepted later.

Today it was delivered and the delivery guy told me that there it wasn't an open box item. An OTP wasn't even necessary for delivery ! Unnecessary confusion. Amazon have their processes sorted out a lot better than flipkart. I bought on Flipkart only because of a 10% card discount. I took the delivery and fortunately there were no problems but had there been a defect of damage I may have a hard time returning it.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th September 2022 at 04:44. Reason: Corrected typo : opt -> OPT
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 16:51   #7140
Senior - BHPian

Hope this does not catch on:

"Flipkart Starts Charging Fee for Returns, Customers Having History of Unusual Number of Returns Likely Affected"

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/fl...rns-customers/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks