Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 17:12   #7141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Hope this does not catch on:

"Flipkart Starts Charging Fee for Returns, Customers Having History of Unusual Number of Returns Likely Affected"

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/fl...rns-customers/
Unfortunate but not totally unfair. I have seen people ordering 4-5 items say like shoes or clothing with actual intention of buying just one and upon delivery they keep the one that they like the most and return the rest. If such customers can be tracked by the online sellers based on their return history, I don't see it as being too unfair.

However, damaged/ incorrect/ missing items must always be returned without any fee.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 19:22   #7142
Team-BHP Support

I was a happy Myntra user. While the app / website experience, returns etc are still good, the product quality has been questionable a few times, especially whenever I have ordered Nike’s apparel’s.

Between AJIO Luxe & Tata Cliq Luxury, which provides better quality / experience / returns etc? I prefer to order from the brand’s website itself if there is an option, but sometimes, having a multi brand page helps in firming decisions.
Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:42   #7143
BHPian

Does anybody have experience buying from
https://ubuy.co.in

Please share your feedback. Thanks.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 23rd September 2022 at 23:43.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:11   #7144
BHPian

In the last few months, for almost every branded item I have purchased on Amazon, the OEM has been reaching out to me on my mobile for feedback.

I looked up my past orders and all of them say "fulfilled by Amazon" which as per Amazon is "Items Fulfilled by Amazon are stored, packed, and dispatched by Amazon". I've obviously missed the fineprint somewhere or Amazon has been selling customer DB to their marketplace sellers.
Old 28th September 2022, 22:55   #7145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
II looked up my past orders and all of them say "fulfilled by Amazon" which as per Amazon is "Items Fulfilled by Amazon are stored, packed, and dispatched by Amazon". I've obviously missed the fineprint somewhere or Amazon has been selling customer DB to their marketplace sellers.
They are sold to you by the seller --- who, therefore, has your details. The seller is "outsourcing" stored, packed, and dispatch to Amazon, but they are still the seller.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 00:05   #7146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Between AJIO Luxe & Tata Cliq Luxury, which provides better quality / experience / returns etc?
Thanks.
Ajio Luxe - Few deliveries were handled by xpressbees and couple of them by Delhivery. I returned couple of items and did not face any issue with orders, returns, or refunds.
They messed up one order (Ajio) and don't know who was the culprit (Ajio or Xpressbees). it was COD order and they failed to deliver the item.

Edit: 1 item in one of the Ajio luxe order looked like a used/returned item. Packaging and product tag did not look like a brand new piece.

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th September 2022 at 00:13.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 08:38   #7147
BHPian

Anyone facing long delivery delays in NCR or elsewhere.

Ordered a printer via reliance digital and it is stuck in nearest Delhivery hub for 3 days with no delivery attempt at all. Doesn't help that they have no customer support. Will Avoid delhivery going forward.
Old 29th September 2022, 14:01   #7148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
... Will Avoid delhivery going forward.
I think most of us would. But if, after purchase, the seller decides to use them, then we don't have much say in the matter. I was very surprised to find an Amazon order being delivered by them, and it was a big part part of my problem with that order/return --- but Amazon said, "They are one of our 'partners'."
Old 29th September 2022, 14:07   #7149
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing long delivery delays in NCR or elsewhere.

Ordered a printer via reliance digital and it is stuck in nearest Delhivery hub for 3 days with no delivery attempt at all. Doesn't help that they have no customer support. Will Avoid delhivery going forward.
Must have been a one off case. I got a flipkart package delivered in NCR recently via Delhivery It was on schedule without any issues. Since they deliver only after keying in otp, I have found them to be reliable so far.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 15:05   #7150
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Flipkart uses Delivery occasionally and they are on time. I am waiting for one such delivery today, let us see if they are on time today. SBI sends their cards through them occasionally and service has been good.
Old 29th September 2022, 15:40   #7151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I got a flipkart package delivered in NCR recently via Delhivery It was on schedule without any issues.
Sadly, it seems your good experience is closer to a one-off case!

OK, OK... If any of us had numbers, it may well be that many, many, possibly the majority, of Delhivery transactions are smooth, but reports show that many are not.

Take my recent case:

Delivery experience: bad.
Return experience: bad.

Just for this, I would never choose to use them again.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 15:53   #7152
BHPian

My experience with Delhivery has never ever been bad. In my last reverse pickup (return) for flipkart less than 1 week back, the refund was issued within minutes of the guy picking up my product. I was impressed with the backend integration with flipkart portal. Anyway, like you, probably, after a bad experience, I would not go with a Service provider either.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 21:18   #7153
BHPian

i had a vert bad experience with cultfit store. Ordered a shoe and gym bag on 1st September supposed to be deliverd on 4th September.
But as of today no product or refund. Some time on 20th i got a call that due to logisitics problem we cannot ship the product please cancel.
However the cancel also does not work.
Only template responses on email and no phone to call.
Any contact in cultfit by any chance?
thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 02:06   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Delhivery hub for 3 days with no delivery attempt at all
ordered a washing machine from Samsung shop app for Chennai on the 23rd and was supposed to be delivered on the 27th. It reached the nearby hub on the 25th but has changed delivery date three times so far. One date change was blamed on me, that customer requested change. It now says Oct 2nd...same company - Delhivery
Old 30th September 2022, 06:34   #7155
BHPian

Had a strange delivery experience yesterday. I had ordered something on Amazon which was scheduled to be delivered yesterday, but we were out. I was planning to inform the delivery person to kindly handover to neighbor or reschedule the delivery, but was surprised to just see a delivered message from Amazon without any call. When I called the delivery executive, he said that he had dropped the parcel on our door and went away without bothering to check if we are available.

I heard a few more similar cases recently. Is this the new norm of home delivery?

Most Viewed