Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 06:47   #7156
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I heard a few more similar cases recently. Is this the new norm of home delivery?
Seems to be. They leave it at your door and take a photo, the same is updated in Delivery tracker section. However, for the first time yesterday, it was mentioned delivered and photo was shared as well. 30 mins later when i opened door to pick - there was no package.
Old 30th September 2022, 08:35   #7157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
However, for the first time yesterday, it was mentioned delivered and photo was shared as well. 30 mins later when i opened door to pick - there was no package.
Happening a lot to me too but I have a cctv pointed at my door and one towards entry to the garage, which maybe deters pilferage.
Old 30th September 2022, 10:33   #7158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
ordered a washing machine from Samsung shop app for Chennai on the 23rd and was supposed to be delivered on the 27th. It reached the nearby hub on the 25th but has changed delivery date three times so far.
Don,t expect it to reach you anytime soon depending on the load at local hub ware house.

Had some spare time to killl so went investigating as what went wrong with delhivery. I used to be their regular customer & Never faced any issues. Had used their pickup & drop service during covid for everything including school books & it worked flawlessly. So here is what i think is happening.

A) They recently acquired another logistics company SPOTON. This added to their woes as their systems are not integrated & they are heavily leveraging their warehouses as Hubs. All these are traditional warehouses.
B) Original delhivery had lots of automation in place and very less staff. Thats not the case anymore. While bussiness increased, their warehouses / staff are unable to scaleup for obvious reasons.
C) Staff challenges. Majority of Their delivery boys are gig workers with no responsibility. Their warehouses here in NCR are managed by spoton folks who know nothing about automation & are stuck in old handheld scanner and laptops with broken screens.

As for current situation goes, Their warehouses are overflowing with big items compunded by Amazon & flipkart sales. They never scaled up for the festival rush. Here in NCR, Truck unloaded on 27th sept is still not marked as arrived in system as on today & parcels are packed as it is waiting for location scan. Don't want to post the photos of warehouse for privacy reasons but it's pretty pathetic IMO on delhivery part to ignore the ground situaion. A look at their twitter handle with tell you that these are not isolated cases but a common occurance. Perhaps, After effects of IPO.

Some how, I spoke to their customer service folks & they started with usual 24 hour delivery promises. Had to give him a reallity check before guy backtracked & refused to give me any delivery timelines. TBH,I am not expecting any delivery for next 2- 3 days
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 23:53   #7159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Don,t expect it to reach you anytime soon depending on the load at local hub ware house.
Tracking was showing 2nd Oct but surprisingly I got it delivered today. They did not seem to be in any rush but were quite careful with the box and left it where I wanted on the ground floor.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 20:47   #7160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Tracking was showing 2nd Oct but surprisingly I got it delivered today. T
Good that you got it.

But wondering if this is Amazon's way of getting around what happened to the recent iPhone purchases where the orders were cancelled by the seller.

I have ordered a dashcam from Amazon, and delivery was supposed to be on Thursday last week. Then they moved it to Friday. Tracking shows that the item has reached the final delivery station. Then things changed - with the status showing that the package is delayed in transit. New delivery estimate is between Friday and Sunday (today).

The tracking page also says that tomorrow I can ask for a cancellation of the item. Coincidentally, the sale price is valid only till today, for another 2 hours from now.

It is possible that the item was damaged, at the final delivery station or pre-delivery inspection showed a damage in transit.

Has anyone else seen this happening?

Last edited by condor : 2nd October 2022 at 20:49.
Old 9th October 2022, 11:49   #7161
Distinguished - BHPian

So an update on my post above.

I waited a week, and the status didnt change. I reached out to Amazon cust support, and the agent on chat asked if I wanted to cancel the order. Since I wanted the item, he duplicated the original order and cancelled the first one. The item was delivered the next day.

The item - a DDPAI dual channel non-GPS dashcam. While item price had not changed after the festival season sale officially ended, the 10% discount on credit card was no longer available. But I was still able to get it at the discounted price.
Old 11th October 2022, 09:41   #7162
Senior - BHPian

On 27/9 I placed an order on Amazon (Great Indian Festival Sale) for an Asus Zenbook laptop - h/s price 95K, sale price 70K, after offers and exchanges 55K. The delivery date prior to placing order (and immediately after, too) was 17/10 which was fine with me.

But overnight they advanced the delivery estimate to 2/10. This was a problem as I was traveling out of town. There was an OTP, I needed to check the package before accepting delivery, and there was also the exchange. So on 30/9 I reached out to them via customer care chat and requested a reschedule to 4/10 when I'd be back in Bangalore. The agent agreed, made the necessary changes in their ERP and that was that. Or so I thought.

On 2/10 I did get the message out for delivery, but our apartment's MyGate did not ring and so I assumed they didn't attempt to deliver. I returned and waited for delivery on 4/10, nothing. Reached out again on 5/10 & 6/10 and both times the agents assured me there'd be a delivery on the same day - but nothing. On 7/10 I requested a cancellation and refund because I assumed that the laptop has been pilfered. The last agent acquiesced and today I got the full refund of 55K.

So I've missed out on a bargain, but glad that backing out was relatively painless. Amazon's customer service has once again proven to be quite helpful, but I'm still in the market for a laptop to replace my ageing Dell! :-)
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 18:35   #7163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
So I've missed out on a bargain, but glad that backing out was relatively painless. Amazon's customer service has once again proven to be quite helpful, but I'm still in the market for a laptop to replace my ageing Dell! :-)
When dealing with untested online platforms, I would say that what you did was prudent However Amazon's customer service is very reliable you need not have cancelled based on the presumption that something is wrong, you could have easily accepted the package, opened everything, checked and then requested for a return and refund for even the slightest of reasons. I had bought an expensive (for me 1.4 was considering my last laptop was 50k) Dell back in March, used it, found there to be QC issues with the hinge, problems with the charger and driver stability issues, got a replacement, had the same issues with the charger and driver stability albeit with a better hinge this time. Troubleshooted with Dell customer care for a week and then requested Amazon for a return and refund which was carried out quickly and without any resistance from their side Later found the same laptop on amazon for 10k less selling as a refurbished product so do beware of refurbished goods as I am not sure they would be so willing to accept a return without troubleshooting every fix possible first. If buying new then in my experience you can trust Amazon with the customer service.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th October 2022 at 18:37.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 18:59   #7164
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Speaking purely as a consumer. I enjoy buying most products on Amazon and Flipkart seems to have the best deals on sports footwear. Myntra UI and UX is very good. BigBasket is excellent as is Licious. Marks and Spencer and Levi’s and Birkenstock and Adidas online and Ecco and Brooks Running India and all work just fine. Some sites really need to work on their UI/ UX - such as Golfoy.com and Golfedge and Clubworks.
The one site which has some good stuff on it, has a dreadful delivery track record - Tata Cliq and Cliq Luxury both need a great deal of work. And the Tata Neu app the super app so to say, leaves a lot to be desired from an user’s perspective. Ajio.com was poor earlier but seems to have improved a lot of late. Reliance Digital and Jiomart I haven’t tried and dont somehow feel like trying. Kompanero the leather brand’s website is acceptable. Hidesign needs some work.
Apple India store website is nice overall but the experience as far as the bank offers, discount and final prices views on the iPhone and iPad are different! On the iPad everything is clear but thats not the case when shopping using the iPhone! Ethos watches - very desirable and all, but the website as per me needs work. And there is one more thing, before buying off ethos watches if at all, its best to talk to an executive to check the best deal. All their products will have a different final sale price when viewed against what is listed. Buying toy cars and scale models on karzanddolls is fine, scalemodelcart is really slow, scalearts.in is ok, tinytown and automania likewise…
Hope this brief set of notes helps.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th October 2022 at 19:03.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 19:54   #7165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Asus Zenbook...
Have a model# or link to share?

I'm debating whether to spring for the 2022 S 13. Would prefer to buy from Asus direct but supply seems to be a constraint for several variants on their e-store.
Old 11th October 2022, 21:58   #7166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
you could have easily accepted the package, opened everything, checked and then requested for a return and refund for even the slightest of reasons.
What package? The whole snafu was due to the fact that Amazon couldn't locate the package that was last seen on 2/10 and has been since then AWOL till 7/10 when I have the last update at the time of cancelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Have a model# or link to share?
I'm debating whether to spring for the 2022 S 13.
Yeah that's the one - UX325EA. There's one still available on Flipkart, but I don't buy from them. And anyway it is at the full price of ~95K.

Link: https://www.flipkart.com/asus-zenboo...m330932fac6829
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 22:10   #7167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Yeah that's the one - UX325EA...
I was thinking of this one.

If I have to pay nearly 6 figures, might as well pay a little more and get the the full-spec Ryzen 7 specimen.
Old 11th October 2022, 22:22   #7168
BHPian

If I were buying a 16gb zenbook now, this could be an option to consider from the seller Appario Retail on Amazon. Last year model but decent vfm at 68k before cashback.

Deal of the day: ASUS Zenbook 13 OLED, 13.3-inch (33.78 cms) FHD OLED, Intel EVO Core i5-1135G7 11th Gen, Thin and Light Laptop (16GB/512GB SSD/Iris Xe Graphics/Windows 11/Office 2021/Mist/1.14 kg), UX325EA-KG511WS https://amzn.eu/d/2FwXY08

Last edited by ajayc123 : 11th October 2022 at 22:28.
Old 30th October 2022, 12:41   #7169
Senior - BHPian

Ajio - Latest order

Ordered 4 items (clothes - single order)

Status: 2 items cancelled by them, 1 wrong item delivered, 1 item pending.

I have seen many funny US videos of delivery guys mishandling packages. Experienced something similar today, delivery guy (Delhivery) threw the package inside the gate and went

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th October 2022 at 12:44.
Old 1st November 2022, 16:36   #7170
Senior - BHPian

Amazon purchases have been erratic lately. 2 orders in a week delivered wrongly. Had ordered a plastic chair and instead for a broken water bottle delivered. The packing also looked suspicious. Add to that Amazon has a stupid refund policy that until product reaches them back , refund wont be initiated. So 1 week gone in deliver and 1 week will go for return and refund.

I am amazed that the deliver person didnt realize that he is delivering a small package instead of a chair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks