Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your priority purchases post lockdown?
Car/ Bike/ Scooter 29 5.43%
Electronic gadgets (TV, cellphone, laptop etc) 71 13.30%
Clothes, footwear etc 36 6.74%
Lifestyle products (Home Gym, etc) 19 3.56%
Household items (Refrigerator, Furniture, kitchen items etc) 64 11.99%
Others (please do mention) 74 13.86%
Not planning on buying anything 241 45.13%
Voters: 534. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2020, 17:47   #61
BHPian

Re: What's the first thing you'll buy after the lockdown ends?

If there is even some relaxation for intercity travel in the next month, I will drive to Devgad or Ratnagiri from Mumbai and buy authentic Hapus Mangoes ( Alphonso )
vivek95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 17:53   #62
BHPian

2 floods in Kerala and now the Covid has taught me one lesson. When a crisis comes all I pray for is food, water, safe shelter and medicines. I don't intend to make any major expensive purchases rightaway, rather I have made some resolutions. I intend to hold on to my car for another 5 years if possible, the furniture and appliances that we have at home is going to be used till they break, I scrapped my plan of adding two more bedrooms to the house and I realized that forgetting that iPhone which I have been salivating at will give me enough money to cover our normal family budget for two months. I might invest in a solar based inverter system for our basic household electricity needs, because I understood it's importance during the floods. I want to install nets on all our windows and bedroom doors to protect my kids from mosquitoes. I might buy a simple gravity based water purifier before next monsoon. I am going to help my parents expand their kitchen garden in whatever way I can. And most importantly I have realized that I should spend on what I need and not on what I want.
Night Raven is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:11   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, pretty much everything is available, even now in my town, for those who have the money. So, I’d start working on a passive income immediately the pandemic ends. Also, high priority to become self sustainable. I.e have an own source of fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs and possibly chicken and lamb.

Also, no big purchases which don’t generate income till the foreseeable future.

Last edited by dhanushs : 28th April 2020 at 18:15.
dhanushs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

After the lockdown ends, I am not planning to buy anything but I am planning on doing the following stuff:

1. Increase the salary of our maid. Managing the home without her, doing all the dishes, sweeping and then wet wiping the floor using cloth (our maid don't use a mop - tried converting her, but she doesn't like mops) have made us realize that she needs a rise.

2. Take my bike out for a ride and then take the car out.

3. Go for a long run.

4. Go to a couple of favorite eateries and have some of our favorite dishes.

The lockdown has helped us to realize that we can do away with many of the purchases and can live with what we need than with what we want. I hope the lessons learned will be useful for our post lockdown life.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 28th April 2020 at 18:29.
theexperthand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 19:12   #65
Team-BHP Support

Voted for the last option - Nothing.

Don't have a pressing need for anything, so...A Motorcycle yes, but not immediately. Maybe, time to strengthen my health & term insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Another wish is to travel a lot, I mean a lot. Don't know if this is because of the number of travelogue's I see here or just the effects of Lockdown, it will be a good idea to visit as many places as possible. I am sure it will be cheaper too.
Seeing all the videos of absolutely beautiful Japan, Thailand, Alps, I just want to explore Nepal more and slowly places near my home and later, maybe, the North East, but, Nepal is on my list now along with hard to access places in Sikkim etc, on a Motorcycle for sure. Though, will have to take the family out somewhere post this Corona fiasco is completely over.

I would start to ride [post Corona starts subsiding] single day rides [I just can't live without riding] won't stop anywhere, save for under a tree, eat a home packed sandwich, carry fruits from home, carry own water.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 19:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

So, I live in a house and not an apartment. The things to be done post lockdown are -

1. Get a plumber, add a second motor and add a second delivery line to draw from the borewell, in addition to the underground sump, add a second sintex tank on the roof top. The 30 year old motor is a single point of failure.
2. Get a better office chair, the current dining room chair is not comfy for long sessions.
3. We are ok to kind of getting the mopping done, but it is the sweeping that it is getting to us, maybe a robo vaccum solution.
4. The pantry is too small to hold as we did not need to hold so much items, so may be a pantry upgrade.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 19:24   #67
BHPian

I need to buy a hair trimmer at the earliest.
The current one has stopped working and cannot be repaired.

I badly need a hair cut and saloons are not an option even after lock down is lifted.
Other than this anything else would be absolutely need based.
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 19:30   #68
BHPian

My list in the order of priority :

1. Get my fridge repaired. This is the worst thing to happen to your kitchen during lockdown
2. Good hair trimmer
3. Stock my spirits (Not promoting alcohol)
Old 28th April 2020, 23:45   #69
JLS
BHPian

I have voted for 'Nothing'.
May be life in lock-down is teaching contentment
JLS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
We just got the Helix with Headrests for our new office after trying out half a dozen other Featherlite chairs. I can certainly vouch for that particular model. No idea about the exact name or the price though.
Ahh!! Thank you. The only difference I can see between the Helix and the Optima is that I think Optima has adjustable lumbar support. Will give both of these a try once we are allowed to go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The Helix looks like a Herman Miller Aeron clone which the lumbar support not done properly. How much does it cost?

I'm personally planning to get a high quality chair too since WFH is gonna continue for a long while it appears - Something like this:

https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_in/p...embody-chairs/

I think if you want lumbar support, look for featherlite optima. It has adjustable lumbar support too. A fellow tbhpian recommended it and said he has been using it for 8 years.

I think Optima is around 17-18K.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:28   #71
BHPian

WD-40 spray! The door unlock button on the car key doesn't work (probably car battery is dead) and I can't unlock manually because its jammed. I've never ever unlocked manually in more than 7 years of ownership.
b_naresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:32   #72
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
maybe a robo vaccum solution.
Trust me, every home needs this. Also doubles up as motivation for my youngest brat to get his toys and LEGO’s back to their bins before ‚bobot‘, as he calls it, gobbles them up.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:35   #73
BHPian

Did someone say "post" lockdown? Waiting for this to get past now.

Well, the first thing I am gonna buy post lockdown is a 'mobile tripod'.

I've been polishing my photography skills. Specially astrophotography.

What's the first thing you'll buy after the lockdown ends?-img_20200403_19493601.jpeg

Wait, I think that could be the first think to buy but I am going impatient to get my car repaired. It was hit by a foolish biker even when the car was stationary. It all was done a day before lockdown.

Eagerly waiting for this lockdown to get over and I am gonna rush to the workshop the very next day.

What's the first thing you'll buy after the lockdown ends?-img_20200319_193838.jpg

Last edited by uditsharma01 : 29th April 2020 at 00:43. Reason: Order of the photos was wrong.
uditsharma01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Probably one of a kind poll where "others" category is leading.
I blindly voted other because that is where the birds flock after a thirsty day.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:39   #75
BHPian

Voted Others.

1. Buying a vacation for my family.

2. A peaceful bike ride out of Mumbai, to the hills probably.

I also plan to visit a shop which supplies me with some tonic that is helping me survive the lock down.

Last edited by iamahunter : 29th April 2020 at 00:42.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks