Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2020, 12:26   #46
BHPian

Re: RIP Irrfan Khan

Being more on the younger side of the age, passing away of Rishi Kapoor really didn't affect me much, but Irrfan's death hit me like a ton of bricks.

Unlike a lot of people in this thread I'm not a cinephile, but the movie that for some personal reasons speaks Irrfan to me is Karwaan. If you haven't seen it, go give it a watch.
lancia_fanboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 21:20   #47
BHPian

I watched Qarib Qarib single a day before Irrfan' demise. What an actor he was. Unforgettable performance in Paan Singh Tomar and Lunch Box. He will always be there in our hearts and memory. RIP.
We were still shocked and then came the news of Rishi Kapoor. Hindi film industry may not see such actors in coming generations.
RIP.
khanmaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:18   #48
Team-BHP Support

Such a classy statement released by his Wife & Sons:

Irrfan's family assures everyone it is not a loss but a gain

“How can I write this as a family statement when the whole world is taking it as a personal loss? How can I begin to feel alone when millions are grieving with us at the moment? I want to assure everyone that this is not a loss, it is a gain. It’s a gain of the things he taught us, and now we shall finally begin to truly implement it and evolve. Yet I want to try to fill in the things that people don’t already know.

It’s unbelievable for us but I would put it in Irrfan’s words, “it’s magical” whether he is there or not there, and that’s what he loved, he never loved one dimensional reality. The only thing I have a grudge against him is; he has spoiled me for life. His strive for perfection doesn’t let me settle for ordinary in any thing. There was a rhythm which he always saw in everything, even in cacophony and chaos, so I have learnt to sing and dance to the music of that rhythm, even with my tone-deaf voice and two left feet. Funnily, our life was a masterclass in acting, so when the dramatic entry of the “uninvited guests” happened, I had by then learnt, to see a harmony in the cacophony. The doctor’s reports were like scripts which I wanted to perfect, so I never miss any detail that he sought for in his performance. We met some amazing people in this journey and the list is endless, but there are some whom I have to mention, our oncologist Dr. Nitesh Rohtogi (Max hospital Saket) who held our hand in the beginning, Dr. Dan Krell (UK), Dr. Shidravi (UK), my heartbeat and my lantern in the dark Dr. Sevanti Limaye (Kokilaben hospital). It’s difficult to explain what a wondrous, beautiful, overwhelming, painful and exciting this journey has been. I find this 2 and 1/2 years to have been an interlude, which had it’s own beginning, middle and culmination with Irrfan helming the role of the orchestra conductor, separate from the 35 years of our companionship, ours was not a marriage, it was a union. I see my little family, in a boat, with both my sons Babil and Ayaan, paddling it forward, with Irrfan guiding them “wahan nahi, yahan se modo” but since life is not cinema and there are no retakes, I sincerely wish my children sail this boat safely with their father’s guidance in mind and rockabye through the storm. I asked my children, if possible, they could sum up a lesson taught by their father that has been important to them;

Babil: ’Learn to surrender to the dance of uncertainty and trust your faith in the universe”

Ayaan: “Learn to control your mind and to not let it control you.”

Tears will flow as we will plant a raat ki rani tree, his favourite, to the place where you have put him to rest after a victorious journey. It takes time but it will bloom and the fragrance will spread and touch all the souls whom I won’t call them fans but family for years to come.”

Respect.

Source

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd May 2020 at 10:20.
Rehaan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 12:12   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

The statement from the family shows what kind of a person the man was. Naseeruddin Shah also has penned a wonderful tribute to Irrfan and that shows what great respect he had for Irrfan. Naseeruddin Shah for me is the epitome of a great actor and coming from him, it’s something else. Also, for people to see what a brilliant actor Irrfan was, please watch QISSA and THE WARRIOR.

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainme...le31485029.ece
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 13:12   #50
BHPian

Even with my limited exposure to Bollywood films I found Mr. Irrfan Khan to be a humble soul, with his calm demeanour literally radiating out of the screen. His performance in Life of Pi was my favourite.

RIP Irrfan Khan-00293fc61ac04079babe6ad5eb56e9b8.jpeg

Rest in Peace
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks