Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 12:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

RIP Irrfan Khan

Actor Irrfan Khan died on Wednesday in Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, where he was being treated for an colon infection.

Irrfan Khan was diagnosed with an neuroendocrine tumour in March 2018, soon after which he flew to London for treatment. He returned to India in February 2019 to shoot Angrezi Medium and flew back to London after a brief stay. The actor returned to India in September last year after surgery and treatment in London.

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/a...-at-53-2220189
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 12:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Watching Maqbool, Lunch Box and Piku today in memory of my favourite actor Irffan Khan. May his soul Rest In Peace

Can't believe he is no more. Such a finely nuanced actor. Feeling sad
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Irrfan Khan-irr_0701.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th April 2020 at 15:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Sebring is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 13:01   #3
BHPian

Re: The condolence thread for non-auto industry folk

Irrfan Khan, an actor par excellence, is no more. One of the finest actors of the current generation, he never failed to impress with his acting skills. R.I.P.

Quote:
“‘I trust, I have surrendered,’” were the words with which his family confirmed his death, while adding, “ These were the some of the many words that Irrfan expressed in a heart felt note he wrote in 2018 opening up about his fight with cancer. And a man of few words and an actor of silent expressions with his deep eyes and his memorable actions on screen. It’s saddening that this day, we have to bring forward the news of him passing away. Irrfan was a strong soul, someone who fought till the very end and always inspired everyone who came close to him. After having been struck by lightning in 2018 with the news of a rare cancer, he took life soon after as it came and he fought the many battles that came with it. Surrounded by his love, his family for whom he most cared about, he left for heaven abode, leaving behind truly a legacy of his own. We all pray and hope that he is at peace. And to resonate and part with his words he had said, ‘As if I was tasting life for the first time, the magical side of it’.”
Link
AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 13:05   #4
BHPian

RIP Irrfan Khan

One of India's finest actors, Irfan Khan has passed away due to a Colon Infection. Over the years, he has stood out among his peers, with is refreshing performances & was reciprocated by the public with several accolades. In 2018, he was found to have a tumour growing within his body, and that was the start of his health woes, with upcoming film projects postponed. His last release was 'Angrezi Medium', released on 13th March.

RIP Irrfan Khan-297976_v9_bb.jpg

Rest in peace you beauty. You were amazing. The film fraternity has lost it's brightest star.
BZ25 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 13:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Irrfan Khan, an actor par excellence, is no more. One of the finest actors of the current generation, he never failed to impress with his acting skills. R.I.P.
He was one of the finest actor's of our generation. Sad to see him go at such an early age.Moreover he left just a few days after his mother passed away. May their soul's rest in peace.
Fordlover88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 14:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Extremely saddened by the loss of Irrfan Khan. I have watched each and every film of Irrfan till date. Can't believe that Angrezi medium will be his last film.
My favourite movies of Irfan are
1) Paan Singh Tomar
2) Karwaan
3) Talwar
4) Hindi Medium
5) Qarib Qarib Single
6) Blackmail
7) Maqbool
8) Lunch Box
9) Piku

RIP one of the finest actors of Indian cinema. 🙁
ajay_satpute is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 15:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Even sad when he had started recovering, I guess the passing away of his mom too would have been hurting. May his soul RIP.

RIP Irrfan Khan-screenshot_20200429150436.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 29th April 2020 at 17:12. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
AtheK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 15:20   #8
BHPian

Re: RIP Irrfan Khan

Condolences to the departed soul.

Mod Note - If you have something to suggest, there are ways to reach out to us. And we can do with some sensitivity and less of sarcasm in these difficult times.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th April 2020 at 21:15. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 29th April 2020, 15:29   #9
BHPian

The first memory I have of him is Banegi Apni Baat TV serial which was aired on Zee TV in the 90s and the ease with which he acted was very evident from the beginning. Inspite of non conventional (by bollywood standards) looks and acting he had created a separate niche for himself and tremendous fan following. Piku, Qarib Qarib Single, Hindi Medium were some of the outstanding films which I personally rate very high compared to all the commercially successful Bollywood films.

It is sad that his journey had to end abruptly and so soon, but his work will speak for him for times to come. RIP
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 15:48   #10
BHPian

Left the world too soon! As it is said, "Legends never die." The choice of his films, his acting, the way he delivered dialogues will always be unmatched.

His void in bollywood would never be filled. May the almighty rest his soul in peace. Thoughts with his family.
uditsharma01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 16:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

How unlucky he was. For me he was one similar to Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah. Not much theatrical even in face or body, but mostly due to voice.
RIP. He has his own niche and cant be replaced.
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 17:33   #12
BHPian

The first time I saw him act was in the movie Haasil. He played the negative role of a student political leader in University of Allahabad. And man - was I sold! The ease with which he acted was to be seen to be believed.

This is a big loss for Indian as well as world cinema. RIP.
catchjyoti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 17:47   #13
BHPian

Irfan Khan was one of my favourite contemporary indian actors. He had an effortless ease and a charming body language which made him endearing in whatever role he played. I have seen most of his movies and have been waiting to see Angrezi Medium. His departure and that too at a relatively young age is a massive loss not just to Indian cinema. I am going to truly miss his movies. This is not one of those platitudes one feel obliged to mention about a departed soul, i truly mean every word written. Wherever he is now will truly be richer with his presence. RIP
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 17:56   #14
BHPian

Irrfan Khan, one of the handful actors whose acting I genuinely appreciated. The rare breed actor could play them all, from a comedian to a shrewd gangster, from an illiterate barber to a stereotype Indian living in America. From Paan Singh Tomar to Jurassic World, from Banegi Apni Baat to Inferno, you nailed it everytime. Even in the movie, The Killer, you played a better contract killer than Tom Cruise did in its original, Collateral.
Your absence as a cast will surely reflect in the upcoming movies.
dr.aviansh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 18:14   #15
BHPian

Very heartbreaking news indeed. He belonged to a small village of Tonk District of Rajasthan which is a very modest town. Whenever we traveled from Kota (My Hometown) to Jaipur, it was kind of a midway location for us to have a break. We always used to remember Irfaan & felt proud of him. Interestingly, He was selected as an emerging player for C.K. Naydu Cricket tournament but couldn't participate due to poor financial condition of his family.

God Bless His Soul. RIP!
RahuKetu is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks