Gotomeeting 2 0.87%
Microsoft Teams 62 27.07%
Other (please specify in your post) 9 3.93%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2020, 11:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Your favourite video-conferencing software

Voted for WhatsApp - easy and convenient to connect with family and friends. Another one I used frequently (not as much as WhatsApp) is Skype. And Zoom is used only for office calls.
Old 1st May 2020, 11:50   #17
BHPian

Teams for Office calls.
Webex for some specific client calls, as the client is not using Teams yet.
Whatsapp for family and friends.
Old 1st May 2020, 11:54   #18
BHPian

In my complany, we have both Cisco Webex and MS Teams.

I somehow like the MS Teams more. Voice & Video quality is far better than Webex. Also I find the MS teams interface more user friendly than Webex.

For personnel video chat, I prefer Google Duo and Watsapp calls.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:04   #19
BHPian

In my company we use Microsoft Team, Cisco WebEx Teams as well as Zoom. Microsoft Teams works well for most of the cases, but the problem is that Linux Users occasionally have problems with their mics and headphones and that is where Zoom scores over Teams.
And the lesser talked about WebEx teams the better. It is really bad, poor voice quality, lot of connects and disconnects.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:16   #20

Zoom is the default for both home and personal use. Why? Well apart from technology superiority, it has delighters built it in for the most trivial tasks.
I think of Zoom as the 'Netflix' of Video Conferencing apps. Like Netflix, apart from it's superior streaming tech, helos 'Skip Intro' get to CC, Language selection from within the content, seamlessly makes viewing a pleasure.

Zoom does similar things, in the video conferencing space like, whiteboards, breakout sessions, participant controls etc...

Zoom for sure.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:22   #21
BHPian

Voted for Cisco Webex as that is what we have been using extensively in our org. Also Cisco Jabber for audio calls/messenger.
Recently we have also started using Microsoft Teams though (after the WFH started).
For personal calls with friends and family its facetime or google duo.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

My vote for Microsoft Teams but Zoom too. I use both frequently. Microsoft Teams for inter-organization video conferencing which allow to collaborate and work with files in Onedrive. Microsoft Teams along with Microsoft 365 is my favorite tool for video conferencing and team work. Zoom is used for general presentation which can share the desktop. This is mostly used for client training and marketing.

Last edited by myavu : 1st May 2020 at 12:27.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:29   #23
BHPian

For me, for business use, Cisco Webex and for personal use maybe Whatsapp, Google Duo, Skype in that order.

I work for an Investment Bank where most of the infra is enterprise grade with global teams in multiple office locations. I cant stress enough the paranoia in such organizations when it comes to security and almost everything is encrypted and monitored. I can understand since these are organizations which deals with large financial markets and are prone to hacking attempts due to sensitive data. Then there is question of crazy regulations and audits by each country's regulator.

In such cases, I feel Cisco Webex beats everyone hands down, with its enterprise grade encryption, privacy compliance, auto enforcing company security policies, integration into office desk VOIP phones/network as well as audio/video recording for financial auditing. To a layman, these things may not mean much, but these are the things which dark web hackers hunt (as well as institutions like FCA / SEBI). The recent releases of Webex are quite versatile with presence on Windows / Mac / Linux (browser based). I am sure all this comes at the cost to the company which not everyone would have the budget for. However this also means that unlike the free tools which probably sell your data for their marketing, Webex is legally binded by your company contract.

For personal use, where security and regulations are not an issue, I would think whatsapp, google duo and skype, in that order, make great tools. I have yet to try other tools but I haven't felt the need for it yet. It all depends on which tool the other person is available on, without the need to install and sign up for a new app.

Last edited by TheCatalyst : 1st May 2020 at 12:38. Reason: corrected grammer
Old 1st May 2020, 15:06   #24
BHPian

Adobe Connect for Online Training
Teams / WebEx / Go to meetings, for Corporate calls.
Whatsapp for friends & family
Old 1st May 2020, 16:08   #25
BHPian

Using WebEx for more than 12 years, this is the only default option most companies chose for video conferencing and presentations. Cisco Jabber also useful for presentations as a backup tool.

For family video chats we use Whatsapp and Google Duo.

Microsoft Teams is a new thing just started picking up the popularity, but I found quite a few issues still needs to be fixed, like cross platform compatibility and issue with pairing Cisco Phones. Zoom is banned in our office.
Old 1st May 2020, 17:32   #26
BHPian

WebEx is like the Toyota of video conferencing, it is chosen inspite of being pricey as it works, be it 400 or 500 participants nothing degrades. They have stood the test of time. Also integrate readily with tandberg, yes both being from cisco.

At some point in recent times, MS teams got introduced it has some cool features like background change ( WebEx only offers this in iOS platform) or ability to call participants into the meet who were invited but did not join but the bread and butter which is scalability with audio and video is still where WebEx trumps ahead.

Zoom is good too, but certainly not in WebEx league, MS teams may soon ace over zoom. Skype for business seems to be going down the gutter, their screen sharing and AV conferencing capabilities are way choppy than MS teams.

Last edited by haisaikat : 1st May 2020 at 17:34.
haisaikat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 18:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Skype for business seems to be going down the gutter, their screen sharing and AV conferencing capabilities are way choppy than MS teams.
Microsoft has officially announced earlier that Skype for Business would gradually deprecated in favour of Teams. My company which uses only Microsoft products has very less usage of SfB now.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 1st May 2020 at 18:21. Reason: Added link
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 21:35   #28
BHPian

I've been using mixture of Webex, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Skype for Business over the last 7-8 years for my work. However since the Covid-19, using Teams and Zoom for official and Duo for personal.

Voted for Zoom as I think it's UI is better in comparison to Teams. Also in low bandwidth, facing some issues with screen sharing in Teams.
Old 1st May 2020, 21:45   #29
BHPian

Being an UC architect. I have worked on all the above VC solutions and my vote would be Microsoft Teams various reasons as follows:

- Complete collaboration space with one tool you no longer need to rely on mail clients
- Channels gives you features like embedded SharePoint, call your favourite apps as a connection
- superb voice quality when you compare with Cisco WebEx, legacy Skype for business
- Super fast deployments
- Custom background for video( this is in zoom as well)
- Native Whiteboard

Last edited by monster2 : 1st May 2020 at 21:46.
Old 2nd May 2020, 01:18   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Google Hangouts as Duo is not listed. I have regular video calls with my team on Duo to discuss various issues and communicate all memos/notifications etc.

For all other meeting purposes, Microsoft team are used where we need to discuss with an excel sheet or review some agreement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks