Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Have you / are you going to install the Aarogya Setu app?
Yes, I already have or I will shortly 293 49.00%
No, I do not plan to 305 51.00%
Voters: 598. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2020, 00:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Aarogya Setu App : Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
It is fully voluntary for anyone to install it and even after testing positive,
I believe it is fully mandatory for interstate travel.
And I believe it will be pushed down our throats with time, much the way of Aadhar.

Quote:
it is upto the patient to decide whether to upload his status or not.
And yet it is supposed to be the last word in keeping us safe? Could there be some other agendas?

Quote:
Thanks to the sudden surge in privacy conscious people.
People are avoiding using it not because of privacy concerns, but because they fear they will get quarantined. I wish we as a whole realised how precious a gift privacy is.

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 08:56   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Yes it does change to safe after certain period if the person is not tested positive. One of my relative works in transportation sector and he was devastated when his status showed high risk. His company asked him to home quarantine and luckily he didn't turn positive and the status returned to safe after a week.
Genuine question -- How does it convert back to 'safe' after a while? is it because the owner concerned must key in his status of being CV19 negative or is it some back end Govt Dept doing that. My fear is being deprived from travelling because of the incompleteness {and I dare say incompetence} of this system. I visit hospitals several times a week on my work my concern is getting the bleeper ringing an alarm everyday. Once a month I get myself CV19 tested and touchwood so far so good.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 09:43   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Genuine question --
Once a month I get myself CV19 tested and touchwood so far so good.
Being open source now, someone should be able to answer it properly rather than speculate.

Re testing yourself every month shouldn't you be doing it every two weeks?

Sutripta
Old 14th July 2020, 09:48   #244
BHPian

My status was automatically updated as positive in aarogya setu since my mobile number was registered in government records as positive. They just asked for a confirmation whether i am covid positive or not

Last edited by Fordlover88 : 14th July 2020 at 09:49.
Fordlover88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:08   #245
Team-BHP Support

With the increasing number of cases, has this App given any one a warning that was of any use?

My apartment complex has had quite a few positive cases but not once did the App give me even a cursory warning about it.

Also last night while going thru my phone settings found this app was using a lot of RAM. So I uninstalled it and the phone (1+ 7 Pro) performance went up significantly.

I am now unable to decide if its worth installing this back on my phone.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:29   #246
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
With the increasing number of cases, has this App given any one a warning that was of any use?

My apartment complex has had quite a few positive cases but not once did the App give me even a cursory warning about it.

Also last night while going thru my phone settings found this app was using a lot of RAM. So I uninstalled it and the phone (1+ 7 Pro) performance went up significantly.

I am now unable to decide if its worth installing this back on my phone.
The app will show the cases only if those +ve patients have updated the app. If they set the status in the app as normal/-ve, it will not show any cases around you.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:43   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
The app will show the cases only if those +ve patients have updated the app. If they set the status in the app as normal/-ve, it will not show any cases around you.
Thanks. I know how the app works or rather is supposed to work.

But looks like since the vast majority don't use it and if they do they don't update it, it's basic design principle is destined to fall.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:51   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks. I know how the app works or rather is supposed to work.

But looks like since the vast majority don't use it and if they do they don't update it, it's basic design principle is destined to fall.
We have covered the Basic Flaws (The Aarogya Setu App : Yes or No?) of Contact Tracing itself long back on this thread, notwithstanding the poor implementation with this particular app.

Last edited by roy_libran : 3rd August 2020 at 09:54.
roy_libran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 08:26   #249
Senior - BHPian

And here we go again:
https://openapi.aarogyasetu.gov.in

They now want to start offering (selling?) the data held by this platform to businesses.

Last edited by roy_libran : 24th August 2020 at 08:27.
roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 10:19   #250
BHPian

This govt is milking the so called pandemic for all it is worth, by instilling a morbid fear amongst 1.3 billion people, who are "funding" it - with haphazard policies of testing, creation of wasteful jumbo hospitals (at costs of hundreds of crores in each place), approving and declaring medically debatable therapies as "the only solutions" and the biggest, yet to arrive money-spinner of them all - the vaccine (who's efficacy and safety no one knows about). All this while the economy/job market was already stagnating in the doldrums - which they didn't want to accept, but now have conveniently "created" a scapegoat to blame their failures on.
Zen2001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:21   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
And here we go again:
https://openapi.aarogyasetu.gov.in

They now want to start offering (selling?) the data held by this platform to businesses.
From what little information has come out (which ofcourse might be biased, or entirely without merit), it seems that A. Setu was the brainchild of a group of businessmen (hope someone can throw more light on iSpirt's involvement) who saw a great future in it as a data harvesting operation. And with Aadhar they saw the power of the government. So they went about selling the concept to the government. Knowing that the GOI would do all the 'marketing' work by fiat and orders. And knowing the more people objected, the more GOI would dig its heels in.

Like the virus itself, A. Setu is going to be part of our lives for a long time!

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:40   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Like the virus itself, A. Setu is going to be part of our lives for a long time!
This thread reminds me every now and then that there is an app that supposedly tells people and makes them aware of Covid afflicted patients.

And now that the layers of ingenuity are slowly peeling off, people (or that I hope) are getting to know the real pitfall of the decisions taken about the app. There were always doubts about the app and slowly but surely finer details will come out. I don’t know it yet but slowly, we are on our way to being a fully surveillance state. May be too premature but certainly not keeping fingers crossed for this one !!
ABHI_1512 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 17:36   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
but slowly, we are on our way to being a fully surveillance state. May be too premature but certainly not keeping fingers crossed for this one !!
General tendency is to overestimate in the short term and underestimate in the long term.
Because one tends to overestimate in the short term, one breathes a sigh of relief that it's not as bad as imagined, and accepts the then current situation as the new normal.

Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 14:53   #254
BHPian

There apparently is some confusion relating to who created the Arogya Setu app and website.

Government agencies / departments seem to be dodging the question.

"While Aarogya Setu's website says it was developed by the National Informatics Centre and the IT ministry, both have denied knowledge of who created the app in response to a Right to Information query."

Source.
OrangeCar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:21   #255
BHPian

It seems the app is in the news again.

J&K shared Setu data with cops: RTI reply -- TOI

Quoting from the article:
Quote:
Jammu & Kashmir administration shared personal health data of Aarogya Setu users with the police department, an RTI reply has revealed. According to the response, the administration shared user data with Kulgam police, but the purpose of it was unclear.
theMandarin is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks