Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Would you send your Kid to Preschool/School post COVID-19
I'll send my Kid to Preschool once it reopens 21 16.41%
I prefer enrolling my kid directly to a K12 school even for Playgroup, Nursery, LKG & UKG 12 9.38%
I prefer not to send my kid to school till the time COVID-19 Vaccine is available and continue with online learning 87 67.97%
Any other (please mention in reply) 8 6.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2020, 18:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Post Covid-19: How comfortable are you sending your kid(s) to school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The vaccine seems to be the best case scenario but how long it may take is a separate story.
My wife also was running a pre-school, also shut down days before lockdown, as only a couple of the 20-odd students had returned after winter break...

35-40 years on and still no vaccine for HIV despite countless billions pumped into the effort. Trump's Operation Warp-speed supposed to find our grand solution by January, says Fauci. Let's see.

So it may or may not come any time soon, and anyway I'm not about to pump a rushed vaccine into myself or my kids when we've got maybe a 0.3% death-rate among the symptomatic infected, and almost no kids worldwide as yet. I know stats are a little shaky right now, it could get worse or better.

It's a really serious disease for some that attacks any/all organs - and very scary for that reason; But for the overwhelming majority, its presence seems to be hardly felt, if at all. The scientific / medical community somewhat baffled by the whole thing at this point. I have friends on the front lines.

Till then focus on healthy living / eating, good exercise, a sustainable outlook on life, true spirituality, friendship with God. The best defenses and immunity-boosters of all time.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 8th May 2020 at 18:56.
ringoism is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 19:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully my son is only 4 months old so I dont have this dilemma right now. However, if he was older I won't have sent him till the time vaccine was available or my City/State becomes Corona free. Kids dropping a year is fine if it makes sure they live rest of their life healthy. We as adults makes mistakes when it comes to social distancing and proper sanitization then how can we expect small children to adhere. It wont happen.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 19:38   #33
BHPian

I will not send my kids to school at least for 2 -3 weeks when the school reopens irrespective of whatever assurance we get from school authorities about our kid's safety. I would personally like that government should completely abolish this year for kids up to IX standard at least. Freed classrooms from this arrangement may be utilized for Tenth, Eleventh & Twelfth standard students by splitting them in more sections to maintain social distancing inside classrooms. These grown up kids are little bit more matured than primary school kids. So, risk will be less.
Old 17th March 2021, 06:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Whats the situation like now? Are parents still hesitant to send their children to school, especially the age group of 2 to 6 years?
Old 17th March 2021, 07:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

It’s been 3 months now, that my son is going to school on a daily basis. Class 11 and you’ll think they understand better. That’s really not the case.

That said, they sit through and entire day with masks in class, the classrooms are sanitised diligently thrice during the 8 hour schedule, the washrooms are cleaned once every two hours etc.. the school has been doing what it needs to do and the students continue what they do.

So far so good.

The school does have a Online/Offline schedule and the first month saw just 15% attendance at school. Today, 100% in his class are at school.

Both my wife and I were ok with him getting in from day1. Clearly, we knew he was missing the ‘School time’ at home and we thought it fit to go for it.
Old 17th March 2021, 08:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

My son is 4 years old. I am not comfortable sending him to school until the cases drop significantly and the vaccines are available for all.age groups.
His school is 2 mins walk from our apartment. His school conducts online classes once a week and sends practice paper online. It is very hard to keep him in front of the laptop for a hour.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 17:17   #37
BHPian

With the rising infection level since the last month, it looks like some part of the next academic year 2021-22 will also have to be conducted online. Since last November, schools were opening gradually in most parts of the Country however with the recent spike states like Maharashtra and others have completely shut the schools. Again it'll open up gradually as and when the situation becomes normal.
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed