Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 10:59   #16
BHPian

Re: My experience with Covid-19: Got infected, and recovered!

Thank you penning this. A worthwhile and highly useful read of a first-hand perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Its been about 5-6 weeks now since I've managed more than 100 positive cases and equal or double number of suspected cases.
A special thanks to you and all medical staff across the globe.

Quote:
As for me, quite sure I got it from an old 89 year old patient I cared for on 29th April (5 days before my first symptom appeared).
Hope she is coping well now. Do you come across 80+ aged positive patients often?

Quote:
These last few days have given me a chance to ponder about a few things. Life has a funny way of teaching us. It will create a deep sadness, so that we know how to truly understand happiness. It will create chaos in our lives, so that we appreciate the peaceful times and it will take those we love away from us, so that we will truly understand what their presence meant for us.
Well said! COVID-19 has changed our perspective of life to a great extent.

I understand that the UK is currently under lockdown. Is the lockdown as strict as it is in India? I'm asking because the number of positive cases and casualties are quite puzzling.

Once again, thank you for this post!
JojyKerala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 11:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my experience of the COVID19 pandemic.....
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in between your tough schedule. Congratulations on your recovery too.

It's reassuring to read through your first hand experience, when most of us are being pulled apart by the contradicting requirements of isolation and social needs. One cannot hide forever as lives have to move on. That's where such first hand reports of recoveries help all of us. Thanks a lot once again and Congratulations. Bravo!
bimal_67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 12:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my experience of the COVID19 pandemic. I'm not really sure if it's the correct thread to post in. Moderators, please feel free to move as felt appropriate.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for doing a great job at fighting Covid19.
We will be living with this virus for the near future. Stories like yours will help people to live a normal life with precautions rather than with fear and stigma.
I have elderly parents and Father-in-law at home. So it becomes more important for us to be very careful when we step outside. Luckily both my wife and I have an option to WFH permanently which reduces our risk a lot.

Have you taken a second test to confirm a negative test result?
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 12:38   #19
HKP
BHPian

Thank you so much for writing your experience and congratulation on beating COVID19.

I really liked the way you used this time to ponder over life and at your young age, that learning and awareness are surely going to guide you to do much better in life.

Stay healthy, everything else will take care of itself.

\\hkp
HKP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 13:04   #20
BHPian

Thank you so much for sharing this. This will help people like us to understand the Covid-19 pattern and can take precautionary actions.

@members, Need your reviews, suggestion on the ARS-ALB-30..

Recently our society got ARS-ALB-30 a Homeopathy medicine from a Doctor as a Corona preventive. Is it advisable to take it?
ash22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 13:25   #21

It was nice of you to have shared your unfortunate experience. This would help alleviate many fears. Thanks and wish you a speedy recovery.
ahaltore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 14:06   #22
BHPian

Hi buddy, wishing you speedy recovey.
I wish to thank you for your service and pray that you will be back soon treating patients.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 14:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post

@members, Need your reviews, suggestion on the ARS-ALB-30..

Recently our society got ARS-ALB-30 a Homeopathy medicine from a Doctor as a Corona preventive. Is it advisable to take it?
Many months ago - around the time India got its first COVID-19 case - the Ministry of Ayush recommended ARS-ALB-30 as a preventive. Many Homeopathy doctors began prescribing it to patients.

Regarding the efficacy of ARS-ALB-30, I think there are not enough results to show that it can handle or prevent Covid-19. A few friends have taken it and expressed no side-effects.

If members of your society take ARS-ALB-30, it's advisable to continue with all other precautions (mask, hand washing, social distancing) to be on the safer side. Don't rely on ARS-ALB-30 alone to fight the disease since its not proven yet.

Here are some links that might be helpful in taking a decision:

Link 1

Link 2
JojyKerala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 14:31   #24
BHPian

I don't think you realise how brave you are to do what you did and how awesome you are to write what you wrote. Hats off man!

Take care, stay safe and I pray to god that you recover as soon as possible. People like you and your colleagues are the ones who give this world some much-needed hope.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 14:32   #25

Congrats and thanks for your first hand account. Lets hope that the vaccine is found asap and the world does not have to live in fear.

Thanks to all the people who are on the front line. A Big Salute!
Aqua is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 14:39   #26
BHPian

First of all let me take some time to Salute your dedication towards your profession. Reading this post has sent chills down my spine. Honestly speaking, if I was in your situation, I would have resigned and self-isolated myself or even left UK. I say this because I have experienced the NHS in UK during my stay there in 2007-2011.

As I read through the remaining post, it was quite a relief knowing that you were recovering well. Best of luck.

You are a true inspiration. Great job and hope for your fast recovery. When will they confirm if you are -ve? Do they test daily or you just have to test once the symptoms are gone?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 14:56   #27
BHPian

Thank you ! You have gave us hope and courage to face this situation and also showed how to navigate if one finds oneself in this situation. Take care !
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 16:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my experience of the COVID19 pandemic.
Thanking for sharing your experience. As an ENT surgeon myself working in Nepal, I am at high risk of getting infected. Living in a family with an elderly and a child makes the matter worse. This is indeed worrying as well as frightening. What more, the number of those testing positive has increased by several times during last couple of days.

Yours is a very informative article. A first hand experience unlike others that we read on internet. Is it okay for you if I share your experiences (anonymously) on a Facebook closed group that includes most of the doctors in Nepal? It'll be a great learning experience for all here.
amitjha086 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 16:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is such a relief to read and what I have been trying to convince my parents. Thanks a lot for putting it down !
Looks like taking lot of rest is the key once you contract the disease. Unfortunately, my dad lost two of his acquaintances to this disease in the last week and that has made him very much nervous. One of them was a Police Inspector working in Pune City who was in his early 50s and other was a person in his late thirties working in BMC Mumbai. We haven't got any further details but both were working long hours despite contracting the disease and then it became worse suddenly.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 17:04   #30
BHPian

Loads of love to you sir. Such an honest write-up makes me lost for words. Do take care, Team-BHP is proud to have a member like you.
BZ25 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed