Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you up-skilling/re-skilling during the lockdown?
Yes 88 51.46%
No 48 28.07%
Registered for courses but did not complete 35 20.47%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 21:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Upskilling during the lockdown

For anyone interested -

450 free Ivy League university courses you can take online

There is something for almost everyone!
Miyata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 21:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
With my job I never got time to start preparing for higher education after Engineering. I have started my GMAT prep via E Gmat online module and aim to apply for 1 year full time MBA in IIM's/ISB for coming year ( via a good Gmat score )
Please would you mind sharing the GMAT e-learning module link? Thanks and all the best for your preparation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
Post Engineering from VIT vellore , got into the first job I could get . After working for close to 5 years with a current CTC of 15-16 Lacs in a big /kind of safe organisation, am desperately looking for a change, more in search of a work which I will kind of like to do.
That is quite a handsome salary for the experience. Are you in a product organisation? I know of people who have the same salary after 12-13 years in IT services MNCs :( I'm not doing much better, as much as it pains me to say it.

If you have a clear growth route in your organisation then it might be worthwhile taking a sabbatical and do an MBA then rejoin at a higher pay, if they are open to this.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 19th May 2020 at 21:39.
Old 19th May 2020, 23:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Please would you mind sharing the GMAT e-learning module link? Thanks and all the best for your preparation!

That is quite a handsome salary for the experience. Are you in a product organisation? I know of people who have the same salary after 12-13 years in IT services MNCs :( I'm not doing much better, as much as it pains me to say it.

If you have a clear growth route in your organisation then it might be worthwhile taking a sabbatical and do an MBA then rejoin at a higher pay, if they are open to this.
I bought E GMAT module ( just do a Google search ) for 300USD. Have completed almost half of it in past 1.5 months .

Regarding my industry I am in hospitality ( hotels) as an operations engineer . This industry has limited scope for engineers as we are not the core bread and butter hoteliers . Also I do not think an engineering+MBA degree will be useful in this industry .
With an engineering+MBA in operations I am targeting operations manager in a different industry .
WanderinNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 14:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Recently found that Tableau is offering free learning.

To get 90 days free, follow these steps:
1. Go to https://elearning.tableau.com
2. Create (or login to) your TableauID account
3. Enter access code 2020elearning, read and acknowledge the Terms & Conditions, and click Continue
4. Start learning!
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 18:49   #35
BHPian

Voted for ‘No’

I have been working nonstop from 2011 and had not taken any major holidays apart from when I got married thanks to the corporate race. Made a big move to Germany last year and spent last year settling down and traveling around, so using this time to wind down and enjoy the free time with the wife.

Must say it’s been working quite well, our stress levels are really down and we are spending time eating healthy homemade food and some good wines. We luckily realized this is not a productivity contest and there’s no point exerting ourselves unnecessarily.

One thing I have picked back is playing PUBG mobile, have been trying to push my rank in the new season and really getting good at it (at least I think so)
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks