Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2007, 18:45   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
If you read the original post, it states clearly that the first move was actually made by Munaf and his companion, who got down from their cars and abused Shruti. Clearly they wouldn't do that if they felt they were guilty. The fact that Munaf subsequently tried to flee and agreed to pay for damage to Shruti's car could well be due to the fact that Shruti, being a local, could muster support from the crowd and the police. It is hopeless to expect a factual and objective analysis of the incident. The police probably pressured Munaf to settle out of court or else face the consequences with false cases foisted on them, etc. Whether or not it was Munaf's fault, he and his companion made life difficult for themselves by being rude and abusive. Always pays to be diplomatic and courteous in these situations.
come on why would someone run if he wasnt at fault. the fact that he abused her and fled clearly shows that munaf was ignorant and did not want to pay for her damages.

being a girl he would have taken it lightly and just driven off not expecting her to follow him.

Majority of the morons will flee after arguing not wanting to get in trouble with the police.

If I wasnt at fault and my car got hit I would fight and not flee.

I was involved in an accident in which I was driving and a girl in a Santro came and banged my car. My rear bumper was damaged and the boot crumpled. Knowing it was a young girl I did not abuse her or run away. I asked her first if she was ok cause the Santro was smashed completely. After that the cops came and after scaring her a little she agreed to pay for the balance after insurance claim.

I did not run away thinking the public would support her and I would be in trouble.
Old 15th March 2007, 19:14   #62
Senior - BHPian

We are again assuming he had "fled". He could have even come to the conclusion that it was pointless to argue with the girl and he would be better off continuing with his business. He could have simply driven off. Females are known to throw absurd tantrums.

At the risk of going off-topic, there was this incident with a friend of mine. A young woman/girl who had just learnt to drive crashed into the compound wall of his garden, totalling the car in the process. She got out and started wailing loudly. My friends mom came out of her, inspected the damage and tried to calm the lady by offering her juice and all. The lady then called up her husband (using my friends phone btw) and he showed up with his "friends" asking
for Rs.2 Lakhs as compensation for his totalled Santro. They started pressurising her to pay up. Whats more, the lady on seeing her husband and his group started telling everyone in sight that the lady of the house abused her and made her cry.

So my point is such cases are not uncommon.
Old 15th March 2007, 19:47   #63
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
We are again assuming he had "fled". He could have even come to the conclusion that it was pointless to argue with the girl and he would be better off continuing with his business. He could have simply driven off.
You are right. Do we have anything more than just Shruti's word that Munaf was rude and abusive, as opposed to being merely loud and aggressive? Munaf's only mistake might have been the classic one of starting an argument with a woman, and trying to win it. Here are some quotes I got from the Internet:

Quote:
1. There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.

2. You can't win an argument with a woman. If you think you have won an argument with a woman, that'll be the start of another argument.

3. I would also like to be able to speak faster, when my wife and I argue. Ever tried to win an argument with a woman when you can only speak twenty words a minute?

4. It's very difficult for a man to win an argument with a woman. Women have very effective arguing techniques. For example, if a woman senses she's losing the logic of an argument, she'll shift gears and argue about the way you're arguing just to throw you off.
Old 15th March 2007, 21:44   #64
Team-BHP Support

Ok, enough of this cat and mouse chase story. Everybody's plugged in their points and story is a history now.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed