Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2020, 22:41   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Best Voices thread (not best singers, but the most amazing singing voices)

Ben Howard. Strangely haunting voice, coupled with some brilliant guitar work. Sounds very familiar, you know, as if he's talking one to one.

The fear

Check out around 310,where he picks up again. Awesome.

Mumford and sons:
Deep and comforting, that voice. If you had a phone-a-psychiatrist hotline, these guys should get a job.

Guiding light- 10 seconds in

And of course, The cave-

Fun.. This guys got a nice high voice as well. Nate ruess. But this is the only song I've liked so far

There's just a few seconds of auto tune, but it's quite blatant, and not an attempt to cover up any lack of talent.

A couple of songs that I try not to share. Anyone else has any songs like this

Nitish pires. I don't know if he's done anything apart from this, but it's a lovely sing along song, and awesome video. Watch where he picks up from 323 onwards

This band, jinda made this with mukhtar sahota, who's a UK based musician I think. The singers voice is very folk Punjabi, but the rock treatment is lovely, and totally matches up. In the video, I always think that it's MS dhoni trying out a career direction during his long hair days.

Also, who didn't rattofy Smith interrogating Morpheus? Weaving talks a lot like Christopher walken, with random stops and commas.

And of course V.

Though I think someone posted it earlier

Last edited by mayankk : 19th June 2020 at 22:57.
Old 20th June 2020, 13:25   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Best Voices thread (not best singers, but the most amazing singing voices)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post
hope you do like Boston.
Among other bands, yes. I was lucky to see them live at the Meadowlands on July 1, 1987. They had just come out of a 10-year hiatus with their third album called "Third Stage".

If I remember right they opened with "Rock & Roll Band" and "Peace of Mind"; later they played More Than a Feeling, and I think they played all the songs on the Third Stage album (Amanda, We're Ready, The Launch, Cool the Engines, etc.).

Last edited by navin : 20th June 2020 at 13:27.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 19:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

For me it has to be Lebo M. Just hear the first few minutes, it gets the hair stand up on the back of my neck each and every time I hear him.
Here's the link for your listening and visual pleasure.

hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 19:49   #64
BHPian

I believe this belongs to this thread. I myself can understand very little kumauni, but her sweet voice makes it worth listening to.
Old 17th January 2021, 01:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Anirudh Ravichander composes songs with his voice. It is a journey of listening.

Old 17th January 2021, 05:03   #66
BHPian

After seeing mediocre contestants winning because of good looks, I began to look up what made a good singer. Musicality, tone, range, register! The first hit was Mariah Carey: 5 octaves, Guinness record holder, whisper and whistle registers, incredible melismas! Deadly when combined with hits from other singers!

Old 16th March 2021, 22:08   #67
BHPian

Not huge fan of Singing competitions nowadays as there is more of Melodrama/ Action-Reaction/ Emotion ( what sells ), but this years Indian Idol has caught my 'ears'

The following voices are just beautiful and soul cleansing!

Old 17th March 2021, 00:00   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Chris Rea has been mentioned here. His voice just too good, so much in control while still quite laid back.

I will add Chris Isaac too. Modulation, and the pitch of his voice. Have some fav numbers, like Blue Hotel. Kind of on the lighter side.
Old 29th October 2021, 22:53   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hu again.
If you've ever listened to om mani padme hum, and then have had a thought, "how about this, but as a rock cover? "
Well, here's an indication of what it may be like.

mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed