Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2020, 18:37   #31
BHPian

Re: The Best Voices thread (not best singers, but the most amazing singing voices)

Chester Bennington. Rip to the great man with a great voice.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 18:46   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Best Voices thread (not best singers, but the most amazing singing voices)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
Chester Bennington. Rip to the great man with a great voice.
Ah yes, Iron Lungs himself:

mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 20:09   #33
BHPian

A gentleman I would like to add to this list is George Michael. I remember first hearing him with my father, who was playing one of his cassettes. He may not have the most powerful voice, but he has the sweetest & most soulful voice - The voice of an angel.

This is one of the final songs that he released, before his death at the age of 53. Many of his contemporaries & modern day artists just cannot match up to him.

A definite must-listen for anyone reading this thread. This song doesn't show the breadth of his vocals, but it represents the passion in his vocals & songwriting (and his piano playing skills in this record are excellent).

Interesting Fact: Many of the artists recommended in this thread cite him as an inspiration. Especially Chris Martin of Coldplay, who performed an emotional tribute for him after his death at the BRITS music awards ceremony.

Last edited by BZ25 : 3rd June 2020 at 20:13.
BZ25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 21:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Who can forget that golden voice of Dr. P B SRINIVAS who ruled kannada, Telugu, Tamil film industries through his songs for almost 3 decades?

His voice is so melodious, even today people remember his songs as GANDHARVA GAAYANA, which translates to divine singing.

All the above is just about his voice.

Coming to his BEST Singing, He is one singer of film songs (I am not talking about classical music singers)who has sung most difficult ragas of both carnatic and hindustani musics.

He was a wonderful song lyricist, he has written many Sanskrit songs and has sung himself.

He was a music composer himself too and composed music for many famous kannada songs

In one word, he is multifaceted personality in music with silky Melody in the voice

Last edited by gkveda : 3rd June 2020 at 21:29.
Old 3rd June 2020, 21:25   #35
BHPian

Excellent thread. Adding few of my favorites.

Christina Perri with her magical voice

Lauren Allred especially in this song.

Can't complete this without Chester Bennington . I really miss this magical voice. :(
_lewie_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 22:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

This thread gives an impression that for the most part only rock singers have amazing voices.

Most of the singers / videos posted here also figure in the Rock / Heavy Metal thread or the Music thread.

So to break the monotony of only rock singers being classified as amazing, here are some opera singers with truly amazing voices that are also recognised as amazing by music aficionados:

Renée Fleming

Luciano Pavaroti

Plácido Domingo

And finally, winner of American Idol 2019 Laine Hardy slays it with a classic rock anthem:

Last edited by AMG Power : 3rd June 2020 at 22:44.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 22:31   #37
BHPian

Well - I am not a vocal coach to comment on voices. But among my favorites is Chris Rea (and his Road to Hell album). Such a rich bass voice. Good songs to listen to while driving.

Personally, there are some voices best listened to while driving and other for the home/office environment. Jagjeet Singh falls into the driving category.
Old 3rd June 2020, 22:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Another great voice is that of Steve Perry from the band Journey. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't love Don't Stop Believing although my favourite is Wheel in the Sky
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:04   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

One more that I absolutely love listening to. Chris Daughtry. I rooted for him in American Idol, and this video shows why:

It was a very brave choice for him because, well, rock. He did some other mainstream pop songs too, but with a rock tinge to it. Very entertaining.

That he didn't win probably is the reason why he was able to make music later as he wanted.

Last edited by mayankk : 3rd June 2020 at 23:13.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

One of the top Desi rock bands-Avial

Singer: Anandraj Benjamin Paul

Old 3rd June 2020, 23:55   #41
BHPian

Just like the cult car thread, this will soon turn into personal favorite singers thread. As the thread title mentions, there has to be some uniqueness to the voice. I found this video to be amazing...

My suggestion - Close your eyes while listening to this and then view this again.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 4th June 2020 at 00:03.
Old 4th June 2020, 00:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
this will soon turn into personal favorite singers thread.
Its been that from the beginning and we have two other music threads repeating videos on this thread.

Anyway, here are some Indian classical music singers acknowledged as having amazing voices:

Bade Ghulam Ali Khan

M S Subhalakshmi

Kaushiki Chakraborti

And a Brazilian street band plays a cover of Deep Purple's song "Lazy" recognised as having amongst the 50 greatest riffs

Last edited by AMG Power : 4th June 2020 at 00:30.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 00:35   #43
BHPian

My point is these are accomplished singers with their own style - What makes the voice or the singer unique ?

I have not seen Sonu Nigam in this list. His voice is unique in that it closely matches that of Mohd. Rafi Sahb.

Barry from the BeeGees comes to mind as a unique voice since he was able to render a completely different tone for males (Staying Alive). This is one of my favorites as well.

and how very appropriate in the current situation!!!

Last edited by mmxylorider : 4th June 2020 at 00:37. Reason: PS comment....
mmxylorider is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 01:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

I love 'Satchmo' Louis Armstrong. I never get tired listening to this song.

It's not easy getting into the Berklee Colege of music. This man did and he is Tamil music's brightest star, Sid Sriram.

And, my all time favorite is Jimi Hendrix, nothing to compare.

Voice is subjective so it's anyone's choice as to their favorites but i believe all should listen to Dimash Kudaibergen's voice too. There are so many beautiful voices out there!
nickatnite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 02:02   #45
BHPian

I think Clare Torry deserves a spot in this list.
The way she expresses her feelings without saying anything in words but in melodious tune is nothing less than extraordinary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks