Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2004, 21:48   #1
gTr
BHPian

read this....
2000 glxi,white color.......its got an Evo kit with amazing set of 15" mags and pirelli p5000 tyres.There is this hug vent on the bonnet and side vents above the front wheel archs.The speedometer dial is blue,and can also be changed into soothing light green.
leather interiors,k&n air filter with free flow exhaust and throttle done by KS MotorSport .
its done bout 52000kms,single owner,expired insurance and the asking price is 4.2lacs

My sis wants to buy it......Do u think its worth it?

Old 29th May 2004, 14:13   #2
BANNED

for a 2000 4.2 is a lot i think. can u show us pics of the car. wna see how much work has been done. 52000km is a huge thing in this country. is the car in good condition to drive. lotta things ull havta keep in mind while buying. whts the owners reason to selling it when he put so much money into it. drive it up and think it over. new lancers now arent that exp. as well, but then u dont get the mods on it. hehe. be careful try posting pics.
Old 29th May 2004, 17:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well Jesal 52k kms for a 4 year old car is ok, not too much but maybe more than the average of 10k kms that cars do in india in a year. At 13k a year its just bout ok.

4.2 is quite a bit for the car. See if the guy can get it down for 3.8-3.9. Dont pay more than that since lancers arent exactly as cheap to maintain as say Citys. Also check for gearbox and clutch wear since i am sure this wud be one car that will be enthusiastically driven. Also see if the tuning done on the car is well balanced since tuned cars that arent done well can have a lot of problems and need constant care.

Other than that i dont think you would go wrong with the Lancer. Happy shopping pal

Revv
Old 30th May 2004, 00:47   #4
BANNED

my june 2001 accent now done 28000kms. so everything looks a lot to me
Old 31st May 2004, 16:22   #5
gTr
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for ya reply.My sis has driven the car and she says it in fab condition.....except for the one thing that there is sum amount of knocking in the engine,i guess due to the throttle........
and i was just calculating that a 2000glxi wud cost 3.3lacs approx.even after sprucin it up the same me i wud cum up2 the same or maybe a bit more.........
the guy who owns the car is also a friend of mine and all the modifications have been done by by close pal........
so these are few of the reasons i think i shud go for it!!
wot say!!
Old 1st June 2004, 16:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

heavily modded car just check if it had any major crashes.. just me being paranoid
Old 2nd June 2004, 00:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

is this car owned by Karan Shah of Daulat petrol pump.,or is the work dome by KS motors.he is a very nice guy but.......
i am sure but had heard from someone else that he had a major work done on one of his lancers engine as there was some problem with his KKK turbocharger.
so just check again.
if this is the same car ,then i think u shud avoid it .
anyways just heard..,not sure.
Old 2nd June 2004, 03:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

my friend recently bought a silver glxiv stock car for 3.5 lacs just 2 months back. it had 56000 on the odo and after a month it gave a workshop bill of 13k. there were some problems with the clutch and the power steering. a little suspension work too. so check the car before u buy... all the best
Old 2nd June 2004, 04:06   #9
gTr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ June 01 2004,22:47)]is this car owned by Karan Shah of Daulat petrol pump.,or is the work dome by KS motors.he is *a very nice guy but.......
i am sure but had heard from someone else that he had a major work done on one of his lancers engine as there was some problem with his KKK turbocharger.
so just check again.
if this is the same car ,then i think u shud avoid it .
anyways just heard..,not sure.
Hey.....Well,this car does'nt belong to Karan Shah.....although he has done the work on the car,but nuthin as such.The car wot u talkin bout is a silver 1 which had a few complications.....And i asked him bout this lancer,which he said is a FAIR deal although a lil expensive.It shud cost around 3.8L as it does not have insurance and therez sum wok in the Aircon too........
Newaz have dropped the idea of buyin it.....Might just go for a stock lancer and modify it myself........Maybe that soundz goood......aight....
Laterz!!
Old 2nd June 2004, 14:26   #10
Team-BHP Support

Yeah good call gTr.

I would personally stay away from pre-owned modified cars,
and the fact that your sis heard knocking just means the engine isnt great.

cya
R
Old 6th June 2004, 16:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

2001 SFx-i 's available for around 4.25 to 4.40 in stock mint condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks