Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2007, 20:53   #1
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Need to learn a 2 wheeler..

Hi people..
I will be turning 18 this 31st..
That means I can have my licence (legally) ..

I wanted to get it for a 2 wheeler and a 4 wheeler(no worries)..

But the problem is I havent heard of any training school that teaches you to ride a bike..Also people whom I have asked said that you need to learn it yourself..

But I dont have a 2 wheeler..Nor anyone in my family has one..

I can ride a cycle but havent touched one for ages..

I dont plan to buy one but just need to learn, specially a geared one (Right now just to pass the RTO test..)

So does any one know where I can learn to ride a Bike...Specially Near Bandra??
Old 17th March 2007, 00:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey SRK,why dont you buy a RX100 or the Splendor you get it dirt cheapo if you can shell out 7-10k.Me and my bestfriend Joel had learnt by owning a Suzuki Shaolin for 5months(took it for Rs.12500/- from a bike repair wala.it was a restored) but we were very careful while riding so that i dont hit any one or any car.Then we sold that bike for about 7k to that same fellow.You can try this out sharing with your friends who are interested to learn bike,do the contribution and get one and learn to ride it in early mornings.For info in buying good bikes you may visit Used Cars, Used Bikes, Sell Car, Sell Bike, Buy Cars, Buy Bikes, Certified Cars - AutoIndia.com. cheers

Ramie
Old 17th March 2007, 18:43   #3
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!!
ramie thats a nice idea..
I can do it..
But the main problem..My parents wont allow me to buy a bike..
They said NO to a 2 wheeler licence..Instead they said you can use a car

Almost everyone in our family is against 2 wheelers..They say they are too risky..not because of our riding but because of some other rash drivers out there..

But I'll to explain them..If possible I may go for a RX100 in good condition..
And guess what once I get one I may not sell it instead use some money to modify it..

THANKS!!!
Old 18th March 2007, 02:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

As said by your parents,bikes are risky 99% on road,if you hit someone or you get hit by someone ultimately both ways the biker has to suffer the pains,so just try learning the bike in early morning in your area and be safe,and keep control in your mind not to exceed a limit speed.
Overconfidence might get you pains...Best of luck dude.

Cheers SRK will learn soon to ride a 2-wheeler.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:01   #5
BHPian

since you just have to get a 2 wheeler license why dont you try learning on something like a kinetic honda or Honda activa. you can get your hands on an old Kiny for 6-7K. These automatic transmission ones are easier to learn. These are above 100CC so if you give your driving test on one of these you are good to go for bikes (legaly) and it will be easier to convince your parents also..... Happy Learning SRK
Old 18th March 2007, 19:10   #6
SRK
Senior - BHPian

@rishi.. BUt wont the RTO test be taken on a Pulsor??as thats the ifficial ride of our policeman..

I mean if I learn to ride a non-geared bike..then wont my license indicate it??

And yes I have made some rules in my mind before sitting on a 2 wheeler..
And hope not to break them or else I'll break myself..heheh!!
Old 18th March 2007, 19:24   #7
fb1
BHPian

Man I'm 18, I learn to ride when I was 15, learnt to drive when I was 16.. All on my own with lil help from friends... Just practice arnd wen theres no traffic.. Its really simple. once you get the hang of clutch release ur fine!
Old 18th March 2007, 23:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
@rishi.. BUt wont the RTO test be taken on a Pulsor??as thats the ifficial ride of our policeman..

I mean if I learn to ride a non-geared bike..then wont my license indicate it??

And yes I have made some rules in my mind before sitting on a 2 wheeler..
And hope not to break them or else I'll break myself..heheh!!
As I said Activa and Kinetic honda are not non geared , they are geared viehicles but the transmission is automatic. If we go by the pulsor logic then what would happen with someone who knows how to ride a Bajaj chetak scooter with gear changing on left hand but has no practice whatsoever on a bike with gears lever at the left foot.
When I gave my road test for obtaining my license in chandigarh I tool my own scooter (LML Vespa NV special) and passed the test on it. I dont think there is something like an official pulsor one has to pass the test on. Moreover, I wont rely on a policeman's vehicle to even be on the back seat ....riding it totally out of question.
I just checked my license and it says Class of vehicles LMV-MCW . They havent specified a two wheeler / 4 wheeler / geared /non-geared
Old 19th March 2007, 11:46   #9
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!
I'll get more info about the test..as one of my cousin is going to get his D.L..

I really want to get my hands on a stock Rx100..
Old 20th March 2007, 22:09   #10
SRK
Senior - BHPian

rishism..Thanks!!

I know its easy to learn something you would love to do..Driving is my passion..and now I want to learn to ride..

The RTO arent that strict But now after those rash driving cases
they must have changed a little..

Lets see what happens..

Till then happy Riding.

And yes please ride safely with your helmets on!!
Old 21st March 2007, 12:27   #11
BHPian

I learnt to drive a geared bike after i had bought one.Ask a frnd to take the bike to an empty streach and learn how to put the bike on first gear and move slowly..Thats the only tough thing on the bike.Once u learn it and master it u will wonder why the heck you didnt get it right the first time.
Old 31st March 2007, 14:51   #12

hope I am not replyng to late.
The RTO in andheri, ask u to give a 2 wheeler test on a bajaj wave which is more or less like a honda activa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks