Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2020, 20:25   #106
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

On the nepotism bit, the fact is that the film and entertainment industry every where in the world sees immense nepotism and misuse of power. Those who are successful (including folks who made it into their own like Shahrukh Khan) forget their days of struggle - or perhaps see misusing their authority as a perk of the job (everybody does it). .

Infact not just film or entertainment, it is there everywhere. The only difference is instead of direct Family member it could be someone else like a Godfather. In all the professions and across industries I see this culture of Godfathers promoting their bunch of favourites using their power and position. Its not that they necessarily go on and achieve success but most often than not the concept of Fair Chance does not exist for everybody when it comes to any opportunities.

So the harsh reality is whatever we try to do in our life we should bring down our level of expectations so there will be less disappointments / heartbreaks and should consider it as a bonus if things do turnout as per our plans.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 12:54   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
Depressed people will run away from opening up to best friends and families because they are afraid that they might be judged for the same. They will easily let go off their emotions to any strangers whom they know virtually but never met personally. It's a human mindset and there's nothing wrong about it.
A site like Teambhp can help in such situations. Except for few people whom we know personally over here, 'the real we' are hiding behind our usernames. This can be put to advantage as a particular section can be opened up where the default username for everyone will be 'Anonymous 1', 'Anonymous 2'. A bot can allot a username based on the login ID used.
- Opening up to unknown person is easier for a person who is on edge. Make provisions for them.
Think about this : Why are alcohol anonymous and suicide helplines helpful in preventing person from taking extreme steps? Anonymous is the word.
I had mentioned this in one of the thread.

Thank you Teambhp for listening.
This will help a lot to people who are affected. I will make a point in sharing the link with all the non-members as well.
They will gladly open up once they are sure that their anonymity will be taken care of.

Moderator - Please delete this post. Got posted in wrong thread

Last edited by DrCar : 26th June 2020 at 12:56.
Old 11th July 2020, 10:16   #108
Team-BHP Support

One of the most important road and a chowk [crossing] has been named as Sushant Singh Rajput road.

https://www.news18.com/news/movies/r...l-2710899.html

R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput-ecgeqofumautucr.jpg

Honourable Mayor of Purnea, Smt. Savita Singh.

R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput-ecgeqzdu8aa0psi.jpg

Pic courtesy - Purnea Times.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th July 2020 at 10:18.
Sheel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 11:01   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Ex RAW Officer NK Sood has something to say here;

karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:06   #110
BHPian

With the kind of astonishing facts coming out regarding this incident, I am pledging one thing ie I am going to boycott Bollywood & their movies. I don't want to support a bunch of glorified criminals by buying tickets of their useless movies.
May God be with the truth, that's all I can say.

Last edited by Storm2.0 : 4th August 2020 at 22:09.
Storm2.0 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 02:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

Can we please close this thread? The memory of this poor man and the lives of his surviving loved ones are all being dragged through the mud by absolutely useless 'news' media, and incompetent officials. Let the law take its course, and let karma make up for any failings that the law might have.
v1p3r is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:51   #112
AZT
BHPian

An article out today perfectly sums up whats happening with this case

Opinion | The sorry spectacle that Sushant Singh Rajput’s death has become

Quote:
Social media has its own rules that stretch civility, but what’s grossly irresponsible is how some apparently professional news channels and their ratings-chasing anchors have behaved, play-acting as psychologists, overstepping their role as journalists. In one show, they questioned expert views on bipolarity as they repeatedly showed a video clip in which an exuberant Rajput says something about “forty-five". The context-less video has the actor sitting in a family garden, and the anchors conclude that Rajput does not “look" depressed. It shows their profound ignorance of and insensitivity toward mental illness. Leave aside the fact that the video was taken months before Rajput’s death, it is worth noting that our minds work in mysterious ways, and they can take sudden turns without any warning.
And some snark
Quote:
The media’s role is to witness, to report, to interpret, but not act as an omniscient oracle—it is to help make sense of situations by letting experts speak. This requires anchors to be humble and not all-knowing seers pronouncing verdicts on matters beyond their range of knowledge and ability to grasp. If they do have face-reading skills, here’s a suggestion—that they audition to be face-readers for Sima Taparia in Season 2 of Indian Matchmaking, where at least they will be trying to bring people together, and not feast on lives torn apart.
Source - https://www.livemint.com/opinion/col...638672646.html
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 16:51   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Can we please close this thread? The memory of this poor man and the lives of his surviving loved ones are all being dragged through the mud by absolutely useless 'news' media, and incompetent officials. Let the law take its course, and let karma make up for any failings that the law might have.
Absolutely agree, the kind of mud slinging going on is distasteful and disrespectful. Everyone wants their few moments of fame while fanning their own agendas while the man died a painful death. No body is close to the truth yet everyone is busy painting everyone a monster.

Politicians have jumped into the fray hoping to capitalize on whatever vote gains they can make. Meanwhile, another section of people are jumping in the name of nepotism and promising not to watch movie of the stars. Every one is concerned that an actor died because of nepotism. These very people didn't go to the theaters to watch the brilliant SONCHIRIYA starring Sushant singh and Manoj Bajpayee while encouraging duds like READY, DABANNG or a SIMBAA earn crores.

When brilliant movies were made like SHOOL,MASSAN,HAASIL,PAAN SIGH TOMAR,PINJAR,SHANGHAI and the likes, people did not flock to the theaters to watch them. The man has died, let him rest in peace instead of fanning conspiracy theories !! And the less said about the media is better, the circus around the death is nauseating.

As I write this, another actor Samir Sharma has been found dead in his home hanging !! Sad state of affairs, it's time people take mental health seriously.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks