Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 13:37   #61
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
In fact Kamaal R Khan (KRK) had tweeted something related back in Feb 2020;
Those are 7 production houses.

Sanjay Nirupam has come out claiming that Sushant lost 7 films he had signed in the past couple of months. Coincidence?

Source

Last edited by TROOPER : 16th June 2020 at 13:46.
TROOPER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 13:54   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we should let this thread more about Sushant Singh Rajput and less about conspiracy theories. A lot will be said now by lot many of people who hardly knew the man. Politicians will or can use any opportunity to be in the news at somebody else’s expense and so do the other so called celebrities.

The man is gone and his real friends and family members will be distraught and I can’t even imagine the pain of his father at this point of time. Let’s not play this ugly game of disrespect to the departed soul here. No body knows what prompted the decision and we should respect that instead of discussing the conspiracy theories. My two cents !!
ABHI_1512 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 14:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

There is something called "abetment to suicide" - when an action of yours leads to someone else committing suicide.

The names who have been responsible for this can be booked under this section which has a 10 year imprisonment clause.

The worst part is that they might just wait for the dust to settle and brush the whole matter under the carpet.

I hope folks boycott YRF and K Jo films - they need to be paid back in the same coin.
AMG Power is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 14:54   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
There is something called "abetment to suicide" - when an action of yours leads to someone else committing suicide.

The names who have been responsible for this can be booked under this section which has a 10 year imprisonment clause.
Good luck if you think "bhai" will ever see inside of a prison.
Remember the driver drove the car and the buck died of its own accord?
ValarMorghulis is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 15:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Which is why I said this:

Quote:
The worst part is that they might just wait for the dust to settle and brush the whole matter under the carpet.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 15:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Remember the driver drove the car and the buck died of its own accord?

Those of you who have not read about the constable who stood against Salman in in his accident case, do try and search for his story on google.

Bottom line, the constable had a case booked against him for not appearing in the court & he died neglected and alone.
Engine_Roars is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 15:58   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I hate how all the media is trying to label him as an unsuccessful actor and claiming that to be his reason for doing the unthinkable. From which angle was he unsuccessful? Most of his movies have done decently well with 1 HUGE blockbuster. People struggle to find that 1 blockbuster in their decades of careers and this guy got it quite early. I remember how me and my better half laughed like crazy, reliving our hostel life in his last project Chichore which also did well at the box office. Hence the media should shut up and not demean his achievements.

How come suddenly he lost so many projects and that tweet being circulated around? I really don't understand it. This guy wasn't a struggling actor anymore. He was an established one. A single movie here or there shouldn't define his career graph at this stage. What really transpired then?
drmohitg is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 17:57   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Those are 7 production houses. Sanjay Nirupam has come out claiming that Sushant lost 7 films he had signed in the past couple of months. Coincidence?
I have no doubt that the Indian film industry operates 99% with known contacts and lineage, there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt in it, from its roots in Qissa Khwani Bazaar in Peshawar, erstwhile Punjab where the roots of 80% of present actors can be traced, every major actor since is either directly married into the lineage of the "first 3" or was given an entry and indirectly assimilated into them.

Yes, we are looking at an Industry where the entry of male actors has been always difficult, unless of course, you're a 2nd or 3rd cousin. Females have entered in much more numbers but as of today, are married into the 3 lineages some way or another.

I think Sushant shouldn't have put all the eggs into this nasty basket, i.e if this is at all, the key reason for his sudden decision. He was down to earth, well behaved, erudite and vocationally qualified.. I'm sure he had something quite sizeable put away as well for a rainy day, it was only a matter of reinvesting that on a restaurant, bar or a business, have his name on it (motorcycle showroom, for instance, since he loved bikes) and continue to live a relatively quieter, less worrisome life rather than act in movies in a brainless industry where dancing like a monkey is the norm.

Light is always visible from most dark tunnels (as long as health or lack of money isn't the problem), its only a question of enduring the darkness until we can see that glimmer of hope. I'm only making a statement here to add to the speculative conversations, fact remains that we DO NOT know what happened, and I'm sure it troubled him enough to take such a sudden decision. All in retrospect now I guess.
dark.knight is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 18:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

I had only watched Chicchore and really liked it. The whole movie was very natural. I saw one of his videos of him giving a speech at IIT Bombay. He says he was a introvert.

I think for him achieving something in movies was the sole and important goal. Achieving it and then going on to do something else is what some people like him would like to do. He put too much importance to this one thing. Looked a wrong guy in a wrong environment
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 18:37   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I hate how all the media is trying to label him as an unsuccessful actor and claiming that to be his reason for doing the unthinkable. From which angle was he unsuccessful? Most of his movies have done decently well with 1 HUGE blockbuster. People struggle to find that 1 blockbuster in their decades of careers and this guy got it quite early
Totally agree to this. Even within a short span he had proved he was a very good actor and also had the box office success to back him. Would have been hard to keep such performers down over a long time. For me, hindi movies are not at the top of the watch-list and am pretty selective. But had come to the conclusion that, if it is Sushant Singh movie, it would be a worthwhile watch at the very least for his performance. Not many of the current gen stars can claim that.

Extremely sad news. RIP Sushant.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th June 2020 at 18:40.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 20:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
This, this, a hundred times this!

I'm shocked at how nonchalantly the authorities decided it was an open and shut case. I'm shocked at the trial by media including the circulation of graphic posts of his corpse.

Most of all I'm shocked at how the big majority of film industry has stayed away and been cruelly apathetic - Sonam Kapoor tweeting that blaming colleagues is f*ing wrong, Amitabh Bachchan tweeting that "excessive intelligence" caused him to take this wrong step, Karan Johar getting in his excuses almost immediately after the news broke.... They've all but blamed him for killing himself already.

A young guy has lost his life and yet people can't resist getting their digs in or 15 seconds of spotlight.
digitalnirvana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 21:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Supreme Court and almost every other state HC's has made it clear in numerous judgements that in 306 IPC there has to be a direct link between the person alleged to have abetted the suicide and the act done by the victim. In this case, a lack of suicide note or any other piece of material evidence ( call records, conversation records, video surveillance, bank transfers, agreements , etc) has not come on record as yet. A weak case for 306 IPC technically.

We all know he was put in a box where to get out, killing himself was his only option. Its also apparently very clear who the main perpetrators are. However, the kind of people involved and the manner in which our police can turn the investigation, I dont see anything coming out of it.

If however, independent people from the industry join hands, give statements and leads and the cops are honest to their work, this case can be a stepping stone in cleaning the crap that Bollywood is known for but nobody talks.

Last edited by bigron : 16th June 2020 at 21:32.
bigron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 22:49   #73
AZT
BHPian

Our media is having a field day with this case. Literally making things up now

R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput-b4433cca1f0b44e08c1bdc386e4bbffc.jpeg
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 05:54   #74
BHPian

Millions around the world are writing obituaries to dear Sushant. Everyone feeling bad. He played realistic/relatable characters. We get a feeling that he is more affable than anyone else.

Every death/accident is an eye opener. Unnatural death is sad. What can we learn from it ? What can we do to avoid more Sushant type incidents etc ?

Let's accept that Nepotism exists everywhere. Look around, you see nepotism in business, corporate/MNCs, movie industry - name it. So many obvious examples.

Thats human nature. Its an inner feeling to naturally trust our own family and close friends - especially off springs, siblings. Exceptions are there but they are not the norm. But that does not mean that you do not have an opportunity elsewhere. You need to find it out. If something is not working, politely excuse yourself from that discussion/company and move on. Leave the bitterness behind for a better tomorrow.

Those who caused harm intentionally on Sushant will not be spared by Karma. Thats a circle which you cannot evade.

Remember all of us will face adversity at least once or maybe multiple times in our life. It may be in the form of a love failure, divorce, health issues in the family; the list goes on. For each of the problem we face and we think of suicide as a solution, more than half of the population will not exist.

Life is not about success alone. Take the case of Steve Jobs, Amitabh Bachan, Rajesh Khanna and so on.

Always remember:

1) Teach kids to be independent. Remind them once a while about the circle of life - birth to death. So love each other, live a good life and be humble.
2) Stop being over possessive about your children. You can see in some of the suicide cases that the loss of one of the parent sends child to depression and eventual thoughts of taking own life. Love them, pamper them but remember they will grow up and will have to take decisions or face failures/success on their own. You can be there to support but not always. This can also reduce tensions between in laws. I can see so many moms having full control over their 40+ old children and treating them like babies all the time.
3) Teach financial prudence from beginning - remind them about the need to save/invest/multiply money and then spend on fancy things. Bad day can happen to anyone. Did any of us foresee Covid ? I know many who did meticulous planning for the next 5 years. And now all are worried about saving themselves from Corona and not bothered about anything else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are so many men and women who struggle day and night to get that one chance in the movie industry. Some at least get an opportunity to act and only a very few make it to the top. Some are lucky some aren't. Some patiently worked their way up till the top.

Nepotism can help you enter the industry but if your last Friday release was a flop then no big guy will come and save you. Which powerful production house spent "good money over bad" (heard this quote from Kumar Mangalam Birla) We have so many examples, so many star kids got grand entry and got couple of films because of their family and lineage but when they did not perform well their career was cut short. They realized and moved on to do other stuff without much fuss. All the fan following etc is hollow beyond a point. At the peak Rajesh Khanna was considered a demi-god. And when he fell none of the fans or friends bothered beyond a certain level. Hope the young breed of actors realize this and focus on their energy and be prudent.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 17th June 2020 at 05:56.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 06:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
The Supreme Court and almost every other state HC's has made it clear in numerous judgements that in 306 IPC there has to be a direct link between the person alleged to have abetted the suicide and the act done by the victim. In this case, a lack of suicide note or any other piece of material evidence ( call records, conversation records, video surveillance, bank transfers, agreements , etc) has not come on record as yet. A weak case for 306 IPC technically.
In law, nothing is cast in stone. It depends on the ability of the lawyer to bring out facts that will convince judges to look at parameters outside existing decisions / case laws provided such evidence is put together to be convincing enough.

There is something known as constructive direct abetment where even though there was no direct voice calls, there is sufficient evidence to show that there were enough acts committed by certain people that amounts to abetment.

Sure it needs a good lawyer, but then that's what legal suits are about.

In this case we have:

1. Refusal to allow Sushant to act in films outside the contract while at the same time not giving him films to act in,

2. 7 films in which he was given a role and then the role was given to someone else.

3. The fight with YRF in this regard

4. K Jo joining with YRF to harass Sushant

5. Various tweets from the industry clearly indicating that he was sidelined leading to his mental state which eventually led to suicide.

All the above are circumstantial evidence that can be put together to prove it was even more effective towards abetment than a couple of voice calls or bank transfers. It indicates a continued harassment over several years which eventually led to the current situation.

Hope he gets a good lawyer and receives adequate external support.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed