Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 18:38   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput

Case filed against Salman Khan, Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor and others in Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case

Quote:
In connection with Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide case, a case has been filed against Bollywood biggies Salman Khan, Karan Johar, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and Ekta Kapoor.

Senior Advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha has filed a complaint under Sections 306, 109, 504 & 506 of IPC in connection with the actor's death in a court in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur.
Quote:
Speaking to ANI, the lawyer said, “In the complaint, I have alleged that Sushant Singh Rajput was removed from around seven films and some of his films were not released. Such a situation was created which forced him to take the extreme step.”

Happening exactly as mentioned as possible legal remedies in my earlier post.
AMG Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 12:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
A Dr. friend of mine had this to comment today upon seeing this May instagram post of his. " He's talking about dark energy etc here, clearly states his mental state was not in a good space if you think of it now retrospectively."

May his soul RIP!
But this is normal information according to Astrophysics and Astronomy. Dark energy and Dark matter are well knows subjects under research since long time. Since he was interested in Astronomy, being knowledgeable into it , this is perfectly normal.
arzala is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 20:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

And it's gathering momentum..

Angry protestors show up outside Being Human store shout slogans against Salman Khan
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 05:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Social media steps in..

Steep drop in popularity of the Bollywood brigade

Quote:
Across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, social media users have unfollowed those who are being accused of fuelling nepotism in the film industry. Between Monday night and Tuesday evening, actor Kangana Ranaut saw an increase in Instagram followers (from about 2 million to 3.2 million and counting) while Karan Johar’s profile registered a rapid drop (from 11 million to 10.5 million and counting)
RIP Sushant. Karma's on.
Old 20th June 2020, 07:11   #95
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Social media steps in..
RIP Sushant. Karma's on.
The damage has already been done with a valuable life lost. I don't see how the social media campaigns etc are going to help curb such incidents going forward.

Ironically, someone with 11 million followers felt lonely! The same is true for "online" friends as well. And this is precisely what social media is.

Currently all these campaigns are trending and there is lot of focus on them, it won't be too long before they die down and other issues pick up, public memory is short as well so all will be forgotten soon.

Last edited by NPV : 20th June 2020 at 07:14.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 08:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The damage has already been done with a valuable life lost. I don't see how the social media campaigns etc are going to help curb such incidents going forward.
Legal suits have just been filed. If they are found guilty they could face upto 10 years in prison and that will act as a deterrent to quite a few of them. And that's how it will help things going forward.

Will the case be successful? Maybe, Maybe not. But as is the case with any suit, you try your best and wait for the outcome. Facing criminal complaints for doing such an act will certainly act as a deterrent while the suit is in progress. Attending criminal case hearings will not rest easy on anyone.

As far as I know Bhai hasn't killed another black buck or run over anyone else on the pavement after that.

Quote:
Ironically, someone with 11 million followers felt lonely! The same is true for "online" friends as well. And this is precisely what social media is.
Loneliness comes from the lack of a human presence. Followers on social media cannot replace that. They remain just a virtual bunch that give you a temporary high by liking your posts. They don't remove loneliness. 11 million followers is Karan Johar. Sushant was more.

Quote:
Currently all these campaigns are trending and there is lot of focus on them, it won't be too long before they die down and other issues pick up, public memory is short as well so all will be forgotten soon.
Social media is only an indication of the building up of public sentiment. It may die down and it may increase depending on the situation. It has no active role to play in the suit the successful outcome of which is what will bring them down.

Even if not successful, being called upon to attend criminal case hearings itself will make them think twice about being as blatant as they have been now. And that will help other new artists going forward.

As I've said above, Bhai has certainly been taught a lesson and hasn't dare repeat his earlier offences. That should happen in this case too, helping other newcomers going forward.

Last edited by AMG Power : 20th June 2020 at 08:31.
Old 20th June 2020, 09:12   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post

Loneliness comes from the lack of a human presence. .
Loneliness is very different from being physically alone. Being physically alone is not a mental disorder, on the contrary it is very good chicken soup for the soul, if i were to borrow a metaphor.

Loneliness can occur even if you are in a crowd. Think pop singers, actors, or even a husband or a wife.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 09:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Being physically alone is not a mental disorder, on the contrary it is very good chicken soup for the soul..
Absolutely. Just that one needs to enjoy one's own company. Something that is essential in these trying times and more so during lockdowns and social distancing.

Not everyone can do that however, and therein lies the problem.

Have been advising a few folks to start this practice to tide over their current situation. It's more a sort of mental make up - not everyone can do it.
Old 20th June 2020, 10:37   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

My family watched Chhichhore last night. I watched it briefly too - must say I got depressed and decided to stop watching. Sushant Singh Rajput’s death has affected me deeply. Young, talented, successful - someone who seemingly had it all. It is unfortunate that he did not get the support needed to deal with his issues.

On the nepotism bit, the fact is that the film and entertainment industry every where in the world sees immense nepotism and misuse of power. Those who are successful (including folks who made it into their own like Shahrukh Khan) forget their days of struggle - or perhaps see misusing their authority as a perk of the job (everybody does it). It may amount to bad conduct, and in some cases may be a criminal offence - but the fact is that most of these guys will get away with it. It is not unique to the Indian industry - look at Harvey Weinstein, an allegedly sensitive liberal film maker - who abused so many folks and seems genuinely puzzled that HE can get convicted and sentenced to a jail term for what he did.
Hayek is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 13:26   #100
BHPian

Such clarity of thought regarding education, rarely do we have people who are interested in looking beyond the obvious and positively influence others. Shame that he is gone so soon. Could have been such a wonderful mentor.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1594132327

Also really sad that these articles never came out to the fore when he was around.

Cheap / crass entertainment sells. The entire industry is geared towards that and that alone.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 20th June 2020 at 13:29.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 14:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

I have not watched single movie of Sushant but watched part of his interviews, songs, and read few articles. I watched his home tour few months back and liked his interests and knowledge in science.

In bollywood, nepotism and celebration of mediocrity are the norm now a days. Sushant did not belong there!

I never felt this sad about a celebrity death in the recent past! My wife watched just one movie of his and she too feel the same.

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th June 2020 at 14:17.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 14:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
On the nepotism bit, the fact is that the film and entertainment industry every where in the world sees immense nepotism and misuse of power. Those who are successful (including folks who made it into their own like Shahrukh Khan) forget their days of struggle - or perhaps see misusing their authority as a perk of the job (everybody does it). It may amount to bad conduct, and in some cases may be a criminal offence - but the fact is that most of these guys will get away with it. It is not unique to the Indian industry - look at Harvey Weinstein, an allegedly sensitive liberal film maker - who abused so many folks and seems genuinely puzzled that HE can get convicted and sentenced to a jail term for what he did.
I dont think Harvery Weinstein practiced nepotism. That was just abuse of power. There was no favours to family or friends. Thats more of a casting couch thing which is also alleged to be prevalent in Bollywood.

Bollywood has become almost like relationships within blood relatives, talent wise. No outside talent and they churn out mediocrity. People have to choose within the worst for entertainment.

With good resources, you expect some son or daughter to achieve something in other fields. But its very easy for them to continue in the same field. Good money, fame and media encouragement.

Look at Sidhharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan's career graph. Its widely evident on whats going on.

Last edited by srishiva : 20th June 2020 at 14:29.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 22:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
My family watched Chhichhore last night. I watched it briefly too - must say I got depressed and decided to stop watching. Sushant Singh Rajput’s death has affected me deeply.
I feel same. Few months back I watched his home tour video on Youtube and I was quite impressed to see his passion and the way he showed his house and explained whatever he was showing.

Post his death, I've been thinking of watching that video again, but somehow not been able to do it. Just the thought of watching the video saddens me. I was never such a big fan of him but this kind of ending is kind of sad and depressing.
HalfOctave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 11:15   #104
BHPian

His death definitely needs an investigation. He was founding companies a few months before this and he was in no financial trouble even though he was not getting enough films signed. He could have as well made peace with it and relied on the firms he founded.

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/cel...320-2020-06-15

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/76398746.cms

If you look at Zauba portal's details on holdings in companies, he was director in companies (notably a firm called Rhealityx - notice the Rhea connection), with other directors being Rhea Chakraborthy and another Showik Chakraborthy who is possibly Rhea's brother (Google search points to this). A depressed guy will not go about opening tech firms and founding other companies and he did have a vision for his future. I don't believe media reports that he was hallucinating and stuff. There is more to it than meets the eye. I don't believe he just committed suicide because of not getting movie offers. If we follow the money trail behind his holdings and investments, and his financial advisors, we might get to know the truth.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

R.I.P.

Its fascinating when a person with a mind bent towards science, chooses the abstract world of art as a career, maybe thats how genius' often work. His passing is sad because he was definitely generally known to be a great guy. If there was ANY evidence to the contrary, the PR Managers & 'News'(/entertainment) Channels would've torn apart his image by now.

Anyway, bad practices & bad people exist in almost ALL fields of business/profession/vocation, one needs to know how to deal with them or have the temperament to sustain them while navigating ones way. And if not nepotism, often plain indifference too gets to even the best of people.

IMO the important thing is to ensure people have quick access to psychological assistance. A psychologist who understands you & available on call, is not the luxury even the most advanced country can have. This is partly why humans live (or rather, lived) in coherence of a society of people with similar mindset.

Present day society needs to fight nepotism not just for how cruel it is in itself, but also to improve their own choices as consumers. Online platforms have pushed open many 'doors' just wide enough for true talent to be able to enter the market without many hurdles & allowed consumers get to discover & experience wider variety of stuff. Now that people have seen value ($₹) in curbing nepotism, they will push for further democratisation.

Ofcourse, when it comes to B/H-ollywood & the 'News'(/entertainment) Media, with their hawkish PR Managers would put Frank Underwood to shame in finding any angle to try & salvage points out of anything they can (including someones death, if they could). Apologies, but I won't extend a less forgiving view about that kind of work.

P.S. : Decided to post here after I got abit ticked off when a very 'famous' & 'respected' Business news anchor asked the MD of Bata (2 days back on Live TV) if the amount paid to him would be amortised ! Else I didn't have the guts to think about this, much less post about it.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 21st June 2020 at 13:31.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks