Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 14:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Ambrockz - HM Ambassador lovers from Kerala

kudos to Ambrockz, it is so wonderful to see all these shiny ambassadors together like elephants in ”thrissur pooram”. The car itself has the sheer grandness/royalty attached to it. Back in those days, we used to visit kerala during summer vacations where we would be often greeted by a white ambassador at the railway station. Even now whenever i spot one on the road, my fondest memories the late 90s/ early 2000s come back alive.
Old 21st September 2020, 15:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ambrockz - HM Ambassador lovers from Kerala

Lovely post, thanks for sharing.

Classic and Sports car magazine, October issue has an 8 full colour spread about the Ambassador too. The magazine came up with this plan to buy an Ambassador and drive it from the east to the west coast in India and ship it subsequently to the UK.

It’s a lovely story with some great photography showing this 1670 mile adventure.

I think the last few lines of the lengthy article show what the Ambassador is all about:

Quote:
The Ambassador had been at one with its environment. Comfortable, economical and a pillar of reliability, it had kept up with modern traffic on good Tarmac and left it in dust when the going got brought.

There is a good reason why the Ambassador remained in production for more than half a century; its the perfect car for India

Most Viewed