Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Goodbye 86

Its been more than a week since she left. The more I try not to think about her, the more she tries to remind me of her absence.

She came into my world on 8th March 2004, gleaming under the sun in the parking lot. Brought her home, and the journey began.

She was such a cute little thing, always thought she talked to me in her own little ways. I used to think if only she could talk, what all she would have to say. She used to look like a scared little puppy when left out in the rain, and happy as hell when inside.

How I wished to park her beside my bed so she wouldn't be standing alone through the night. How much I enjoyed driving through the rains on those spur of the moment drives.

I remember a drive to goa, when she saved us from getting hurt in what was a very big accident on NH17 on a fateful night. Inspite of a lot of damage, she limped home more than 200kms through the night without any complaints.
I realised only the next day how serious it could have been if she had given up on us on that night. But she didn't. She got us home. She never gave up on us through her entire time with us.

I used to love the way she looked, how she moved and how she kicked the pants off of many unsuspecting saloons. Whoever said you can't love a Hyundai, hasn't ever had the pleasure of owning one.

She has been through the thick and thin. Has seen all the ups and downs in my life and been there like a silent companion all through it. There were times, when I've not been nice to her and I really feel bad about it, now that she's gone. They say you realise their worth when they are gone. And that is true as hell, now I know how much fun the journey has been. I will miss her even more once the rains come. Driving in the rains is what I will remember her the most for.

It pained me to let her go. But this was a decision I was forced to take *sob*. Hopefully she would find a nice home and be loved and cared for ever and ever. Goodbye 86. Will miss you. Signing off.

Here's to the fun we had when you were around. Thanks for everything.

Fun in Goa

Drifter
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

@drifter : Really nice pic of 86 in the rain....
Why the need to let her go?
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:08   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

drifter im so sorry you had to let go of her man...but I'm sure somewhere along the way you'll find another one and the funs gonna start all over.We'll miss her too.She was the only car that I've seen climb rocks! lol! but thats what made her special!
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow - you got spunk! Moving writeup.
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

First Jaggu and now Drifty

Very moving write up pal. We all know how much you loved your 86. She was fabulous on our Goa drive and its your car that got me to like CRDi diesels. Why she even brought the 6 of us home in one go when we were in a soup. Its always painful to see your faithful companion leave.

Hope she's well wherever she is . We all will miss her too
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nostalgic Writeup Dude, Why the need to let it go so early?

Abhi
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:47   #7
BHPian

Why did you let it go???????????
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

She had run 85000kms, plus we needed a bigger vehicle. We tried a lot so that we could keep her as well....but alas it was not to be.

Drifter
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Looks like 2007 is a year of farewells to our old companions! Very nice write-up Drifter, guess you'll have to change the signature now.......
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Awwwssum...!!!!! Very touching write up...!!!
One of the first neatly modded CRDi's here as i remember....

Is the 86 making way for a monster DICOR..!!!??

Last edited by kpzen : 23rd March 2007 at 15:14.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yup, and if all goes well, the truck will also be called 86.

Drifter
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Touching!

Felt the same way after we sold our little Accent to make way for the Dicor. Dont worry - your Dicor will soon give you enough reason to fall in love all over again. Though its a different kinda love.
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yeah steeroid...but don't think it will be the same without 86. Right now Im pissed off because of the mess up in delivery of the truck.

Drifter
Old 23rd March 2007, 20:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey you will fall in love all over again with the beast you are getting and yes its a move on 2007 i am also planning to change my car it a big thing

but for me thier is a 90% chance i will see it daily and she wouldnt leave my driveway as my granddad would be taking her and i know he would take better car of her than i will ever

Last edited by manikjeet : 23rd March 2007 at 20:24.
Old 23rd March 2007, 20:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

I am sad too Drifter! It was, rather is such a nice machine, I have always secretly loved you are CRDi whenever you brought it to my house. The matador style exhaust, the annoying reverse noise in Goa at night, the bald tyres which still held the car on the road, they were some awesome experiences...Hope she stays in the best condition!

Last edited by Stratos : 23rd March 2007 at 21:00.

Most Viewed