0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2007, 11:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
India lost their first match in 1983 too n ended up taking the cup..!!!
ya well that was 83'...with the current guys...i dont know what to say....this is very very disappointing!!!
Old 18th March 2007, 11:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

#@%^$*@(!)$*@^#%$@!$#^#&$^%#*&@(!)()#$*$&$#^@%^#^% @^#

That's all that came to my mind during the match last night, saala saara mood kharaab ho gaya. Only positives of the match were the batting of Sourav Gangulay, Yuvraj Singh & the wonderful bowling of Munaf Patel.

Rest of them need to be publically flogged.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:39   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep
India will rise.. lets be supporters and not critical ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j
The cups is not over for India...as yet.
True, Indian hopes hang by a slender thread...but as we have seen with Pakistan in 1992, that may be good enough :-)
Can't agree with you more ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
saala saara mood kharaab ho gaya
Well, life till the 23rd is going to be very depressing . Though I still feel that the slap on the wrist might make the team kick *** against the SL .

We hanging by a thread , but instead of shooting them down ... LETS GET TOGETHER and SUPPORT them !!!

Cheers
Old 18th March 2007, 12:55   #49
BHPian

In 1983 we did not have a liability called Virendra Sehwag.

In 1983 we did not have a non-performing captain called Rahul Dravid who for some strange reason kept on backing a non-performing player.

In 1983 we did not have the whole team being pampered by un-necessary and stupid advertisements for which they get paid exorbitant amounts of money.

In 1983 probably we did not have a board which used to be run by nincompoops whose right hand did not know what their left was doing.

I can carry on and on.....but the fact of the matter is that the team needs to be kicked at their butts and made to send back non-performers albeit on the grounds that they are injured as a face saving excercise. I am also up for Rahul Dravid to be sacked and if need be, even Sachin, Dhoni and Harbhajan to be sacked.

I am really saddened by the last night's performance but there is one silver lining to the cloud, I will not have to loose sleep as I will not be curious to know what has been their performance in the match.

Old 18th March 2007, 13:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
In 1983 we did not have a liability called Virendra Sehwag.

In 1983 we did not have a non-performing captain called Rahul Dravid who for some strange reason kept on backing a non-performing player.

In 1983 we did not have the whole team being pampered by un-necessary and stupid advertisements for which they get paid exorbitant amounts of money.

In 1983 probably we did not have a board which used to be run by nincompoops whose right hand did not know what their left was doing.

I can carry on and on.....but the fact of the matter is that the team needs to be kicked at their butts and made to send back non-performers albeit on the grounds that they are injured as a face saving excercise. I am also up for Rahul Dravid to be sacked and if need be, even Sachin, Dhoni and Harbhajan to be sacked.

I am really saddened by the last night's performance but there is one silver lining to the cloud, I will not have to loose sleep as I will not be curious to know what has been their performance in the match.

U are a true Indian cricket fan...!!!
Old 18th March 2007, 13:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think India beat the Windies in their 1st match at the 1983 world cup
Old 18th March 2007, 13:22   #52
BANNED

Quote:

U are a true Indian cricket fan...!!!
.. WELL SAID kp !!! We Indians basically are a bunch of critics who sit on their asses and whimper all along . Dude , Dont compare the Indian of diff eras , just support them -- and why is everyone jealous of theirr earnings amd their ads , after all they too have to think of their retirement and if ppl paying tehm so why not take it . Or do you want them to be like a lot of ex hockey and football stars who represented India at teh Olypics and stuff but in their old age had to resort to selling tehir medals or even begging to get their two meals .

Where are we when that happens .... What use was those medals when the country didnt remember them in their hour of need !! Its ok to be a critic , but talk some sense ... Have you ever even played anything beyond ur PC games or maybe hide and seek . It takes a lot of effort to get up there , and everyone has a bad day . Even the GREAT AUSSIES went down to the Bangla boys , so BIG FRIGGING DEAL ...

U Can't WIN all the time ............... so get that into ur head !!! Sit on ur rears and think you know whats the best .
Old 18th March 2007, 13:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Are we guys discussing Cricket over here?
Man i dont even watch cricket in my bad dreams.
Old 18th March 2007, 13:44   #54
BHPian

No one's being a critic here. We are expressing our feelings and we all have a right to do so under the constitution of the country and also under the rules and regulations of this forum.

Coming to the point, who said I am jealous of their earnings? I don't mind if they are paid a crore for each match. But the point here is that they are loosing the whole point of the money coming their way. Indian players are thinking on the lines of the Miss India contestants who aspire to be actresses after winning the crown and thus bringing the contest to shame. Indian cricketers are using the game to feature in ads and that is their only concern. Its like saying 'public ka paisa for my baap's aish'.

Take for example Dhoni, who probably came into cricket to fulfill his dream of owning the best cars and bikes and also invests crores to construct a dream house with an astro-turf within to practice how to loose his wicket on the first ball and probably master the art of 'angootha lagao bike chalao'!

Now coming to the point of these nincompoops meeting the same fate as hockey players, we should understand that these useless pieces of craps are earning in the crores and a few of them are hiring professional fund managers to manage their money and a few over-intelligent ones are also opening up businesses to ensure that they lead a lavish life after being sacked, the latest addition to this group being the so called turbanator who has opened up a luxury saloon in Chandigarh.

I don't say that loosing is a crime but we should look into the circumstances leading to this loss. I was watching Dravid's interview a day before where he sounded so arrogant that he went on to say that 'we are not divulging anything now about the team so that our opponents have to think about 15 players rather than just 11'. What does this demonstrate?

We claim to have the world's best batting lineup and yet we pick 7 batsman and want to make do with a part time bowler? Or is it that the team has taken for granted that Sehwag will fail so we need to keep a redundant batsman in the side? I cannot see any other reason behind him blindly favouring Viru to be in the team!

Arrogance has lead to the failure of the best of the best and I don't count Indian team to be even close to being the best. They need to be shaken up and in my opinion, firing Dravid and banning Viru for life in the middle of the WC will be a great eye opener for the next 20 years in Indian cricket. Let the chairman of the selectors have his way and let him do what he had in his mind when he choose Sachin to be the VC.

God, I am really dissapointed it seems. Sorry if I hurt anyone's sentiments.
Old 18th March 2007, 13:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
Are we guys discussing Cricket over here?
dceite - the title is self-explanatory...dont come in here just to tell us how much you hate the game !

Cricket is more than just a game for some of us.
Old 18th March 2007, 14:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

oh in that case i better get myself out of here before i get singled out
Old 18th March 2007, 14:15   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Cricket is more than just a game for some of us.
... !!! Let me als try one of these super selector games , where do u guys play -- why not form a league of our own ??
Old 18th March 2007, 14:25   #58
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu,

I have my team registered and playing since the 1st match. Already have a league of my friends going. You want to join, I shall om you the name and password.
Old 18th March 2007, 15:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

And just before leaving for the WC, the Indian team had revolted against the BCCI's suggestion for new contracts. BCCI wanted performance based contracts while our players wanted seniority based contracts.

Now I know why !!
Old 19th March 2007, 01:12   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post

Coming to the point, who said I am jealous of their earnings? I don't mind if they are paid a crore for each match. But the point here is that they are loosing the whole point of the money coming their way. Indian players are thinking on the lines of the Miss India contestants who aspire to be actresses after winning the crown and thus bringing the contest to shame. Indian cricketers are using the game to feature in ads and that is their only concern. Its like saying 'public ka paisa for my baap's aish'.

Take for example Dhoni, who probably came into cricket to fulfill his dream of owning the best cars and bikes and also invests crores to construct a dream house with an astro-turf within to practice how to loose his wicket on the first ball and probably master the art of 'angootha lagao bike chalao'!

Now coming to the point of these nincompoops meeting the same fate as hockey players, we should understand that these useless pieces of craps are earning in the crores and a few of them are hiring professional fund managers to manage their money and a few over-intelligent ones are also opening up businesses to ensure that they lead a lavish life after being sacked, the latest addition to this group being the so called turbanator who has opened up a luxury saloon in Chandigarh.

I don't say that loosing is a crime but we should look into the circumstances leading to this loss. I was watching Dravid's interview a day before where he sounded so arrogant that he went on to say that 'we are not divulging anything now about the team so that our opponents have to think about 15 players rather than just 11'. What does this demonstrate?

We claim to have the world's best batting lineup and yet we pick 7 batsman and want to make do with a part time bowler? Or is it that the team has taken for granted that Sehwag will fail so we need to keep a redundant batsman in the side? I cannot see any other reason behind him blindly favouring Viru to be in the team!

Arrogance has lead to the failure of the best of the best and I don't count Indian team to be even close to being the best. They need to be shaken up and in my opinion, firing Dravid and banning Viru for life in the middle of the WC will be a great eye opener for the next 20 years in Indian cricket. Let the chairman of the selectors have his way and let him do what he had in his mind when he choose Sachin to be the VC.

God, I am really dissapointed it seems. Sorry if I hurt anyone's sentiments.
You know,its comments like these which really irk me.I too am a diehard cricket fan and I too was really dissapointed with Indias performance yesterday.They played badly and deserved to lose.But saying that they are money minded nincompoops is going a bit too far.Its just one bad match !They defeated both West Indies and SL a month ago,remember??
Your comment on Dhoni was totally uncalled for.Hes scored at an average of 47 and a strike rate of 97 over a period of 70 matches.Hes won soo many matches for us,for heavens sake!Just one bad match,and you start calling him a money minded crook.
Again,Dravid saying what he did, had nothing to do with arrogance.Isnt it rational,to give your opponents more to think about??Maybe Im just plain dumb,but i cant see how he's being arrogant here..
But i agree that sehwag should be sent on the next flight to Siberia.He doesnt deserve a place in the team.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed