Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2020, 00:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blessed with a Baby Boy, but not so blessed with Covid-19

Both of you deserve a double congrats.
1st for the baby boy and 2nd for fighting with Covid-19 successfully.
I can very well relate to the stress you and your family went through. Must say you have fought it really really well.

Wish your prince a very bright future.

Last edited by Samba : 1st August 2020 at 00:37.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:46   #17
BHPian

I am glad to know that everyone in your family is doing good.

I had covid symptoms couple of months back and was self isolating myself for 4 days until i got the results (it was negative). It was tough having a 15 month old at home but your situation is much more difficult with a newborn and aged parents under the same roof.

You have great stories to share with your son once he grows up. Thank you for sharing your experience with the community and stay safe.
vj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 12:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Last one & half months have been crazy for us(myself & my wife). We were blessed with a baby boy but soon after both of us were affected with covid-19. Now both of us have recovered from it by god's grace.
Heartiest congratulations to the new mom and dad!!

Many many moons ago, another set of parents gave birth to a son during trying times, who went on to make history and is remembered and revered to this day.
You too Sir, should name your son Krishna (or any other suitable variant)
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 12:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Both of you deserve a double congrats.
1st for the baby boy and 2nd for fighting with Covid-19 successfully.
I can very well relate to the stress you and your family went through. Must say you have fought it really really well.

Wish your prince a very bright future.
Thanks a lot @Samba da. Yes those were tough days indeed but by God's Grace we overcame. Thank's on behalf of prince too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I am glad to know that everyone in your family is doing good.

I had covid symptoms couple of months back and was self isolating myself for 4 days until i got the results (it was negative). It was tough having a 15 month old at home but your situation is much more difficult with a newborn and aged parents under the same roof.

You have great stories to share with your son once he grows up. Thank you for sharing your experience with the community and stay safe.
Thanks a lot @vj123. Glad to know you came out negative. Yes this definitely is a story to share with my boy once he grows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Heartiest congratulations to the new mom and dad!!

Many many moons ago, another set of parents gave birth to a son during trying times, who went on to make history and is remembered and revered to this day.
You too Sir, should name your son Krishna (or any other suitable variant)
Thanks a lot @RedTerrano. Thanks for such inspirational words. We will teach our son to be a man of principles & discipline.
Fordlover88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:49   #20
BHPian

Congrats RedTerrano for the baby!

And am so glad that you and your wife beat the COVID successfully!

Your post has been an eye opener for me! i stay with my parents who are both senior citizens. While i hardly venture out but have to once in a while to run some errands.

Immediately ordered a IR thermometer and a Pluse Oxymetere after reading your post and i hope that no one has to go through what you have experienced.

Stay safe and enjoy time with your baby!
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 13:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Congrats RedTerrano for the baby!

And am so glad that you and your wife beat the COVID successfully!

Your post has been an eye opener for me! i stay with my parents who are both senior citizens. While i hardly venture out but have to once in a while to run some errands.

Immediately ordered a IR thermometer and a Pluse Oxymetere after reading your post and i hope that no one has to go through what you have experienced.

Stay safe and enjoy time with your baby!
Thanks a lot @ant_vas. I believe it should be Fordlover88 instead of RedTerrano. Jokes apart, it's great to see you being extra cautious for yourself & your parents. Stay safe & take care.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 18:51   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the baby boy. It feels bad (as a doctor) to see people suffering 99% from the psychology of illness rather from the illness itself, but this is the situation created by the ineptitude of the government, further fuelled only by negativity by the media. All this has led to a fear pandemic, rather than an influenza one. We know 35000 have died (many of them incorrectly labelled as Covid deaths), but that's only because we're counting. It's as if to convey that 35000 deaths never happened in 4 months in India, ever before EVEN DUE TO THE SAME CAUSE! Find out how many TB, hunger, malnutrition related deaths occurred monthly (till march 2020), and don't be surprised if that figure is a 6 digit one. My point is, to stop worrying SO MUCH about this Corona virus, when actually the large family of Corona viruses has been infecting us since ages! But I bet no one has officially told you that.
The better part of your illness was that it was mild, you could stay at home and your society was very co operative. I know many examples to the contrary.
Take care, follow sensible (commonsense) precautions and before going out/meeting anybody ask yourself if you really need to do so, because re infections are also not unheard of.
Lastly, find out the cause of the raised AST, ALT (a hepatologist/medical gastroenterologist would be the doctor to consult) to ensure that something more serious than a common cold virus has not affected your wife's liver function.
Zen2001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 19:54   #23
BHPian

Man! Best wishes to your new born, you will have many real life stories to tell him when he grew up! Probably, he wont believe it

Happy that you and your wife have come out of Covid19! Its great you were able to record the events and your writing is a confidence booster to many. Check with your doctor about plasma donation, if a rare blood group, it will definitely save a life
.HEM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Congrats on the baby boy. It feels bad (as a doctor) to see people suffering 99% from the psychology of illness rather from the illness itself, but this is the situation created by the ineptitude of the government, further fuelled only by negativity by the media. All this has led to a fear pandemic, rather than an influenza one.
Thanks a lot @Zen2001. Yes it's more of a mental thing now rather than physical thanks to our media. Fear is inevitable in such scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
The better part of your illness was that it was mild, you could stay at home and your society was very co operative. I know many examples to the contrary.
Take care, follow sensible (commonsense) precautions and before going out/meeting anybody ask yourself if you really need to do so, because re infections are also not unheard of.
Lastly, find out the cause of the raised AST, ALT (a hepatologist/medical gastroenterologist would be the doctor to consult) to ensure that something more serious than a common cold virus has not affected your wife's liver function.
Yes we were lucky enough that our symptoms were mild & our society was extremely co operative. Things could have been different otherwise. We are not going out unless absolutely required. We might be at less risk but our baby & parents are still vulnerable & we can't risk transmitting the virus to them. We don't know how long our antibodies will work against coronavirus.

We consulted her gynecologist regarding her high liver enzymes and she said that such phenomena do occur in some pregnant women & we should not worry much. Thanks for your suggestion, we will visit a gastroenterologist soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
Man! Best wishes to your new born, you will have many real life stories to tell him when he grew up! Probably, he wont believe it

Happy that you and your wife have come out of Covid19! Its great you were able to record the events and your writing is a confidence booster to many. Check with your doctor about plasma donation, if a rare blood group, it will definitely save a life
Thanks a lot @HEM. I will show him this thread when he grows up.
Our society has a record of all covid recovered persons along with their details like blood group, start & end dates of quarantine etc. They are keeping it for plasma donation as and when required.
Fordlover88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 19:04   #25
BHPian

My Bad! apologies for getting the handle wrong! But congrats all the way!
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 05:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! This is a great thread and perhaps the only written detailed account I have come across on how someone recovered from COVID.

Hope this is thread is converted to a sticky soon.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 08:55   #27
BHPian

Thanks Fordlover88 and Silver_Knight for making us feel positive. Congratulations Fordlover88. These are the events that makes us realize our potential and feel strong. Secret here is to recover from panic and stress as soon as possible. Stress kills. Avoid negative thoughts and negative people.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Congratulations! This is a great thread and perhaps the only written detailed account I have come across on how someone recovered from COVID.

Hope this is thread is converted to a sticky soon.
Thanks a lot @S_U_N. Glad that this thread help's fellow members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Thanks Fordlover88 and Silver_Knight for making us feel positive. Congratulations Fordlover88. These are the events that makes us realize our potential and feel strong. Secret here is to recover from panic and stress as soon as possible. Stress kills. Avoid negative thoughts and negative people.
Thanks a lot @K_Drive. Yes will power is the first & foremost thing that's required in fight against this pandemic.
Old 8th August 2020, 11:57   #29
BHPian

UPDATE: Got a repeat covid test done as directed by my employer to resume office. The result has come negative.
Fordlover88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 13:02   #30
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on failing the exam

Wish all three of you good health!
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks