Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2020, 13:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Beater everyday items and gear just like beater cars

After reading a lot of comments I have come to the conclusion that a beater item for someone might be a prized possession for many (especially me ). For instance my Casio G-Shock is my prized possession whereas many have listed it as their beater watch and similarly for other items as well. No offense to anyone, it is just that I am too poor .
Akash.D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 16:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Samsung was my go-to brand before I tried Oneplus. Samsung phones require atleast one visit to the service center every two years. Also with time they always become slower.

Try the Oneplus and you will see the difference of day and night between the two phones. Ofcourse the cameras in OP are nowhere close to Samsung.

I have a OP1 in perfect condition, OP3 and a OP3T. Imagine having a 2014 samsung running phone today. No battery swelling, no slowing down, not a single visit to service center.

Basically, if Samsung is Maruti, OP is Toyota
Great to know on OP.. I think everyone's experience is different. Been using Samsung since 2012. Never been to their service.. Just once to replace a broken screen - at a fair price of 6.5k for S7 (I have heard of horrible stories of other brand's cost). And before I could consider OP, the brand has become expensive.. Sure will keep a watch
Old 3rd September 2020, 16:31   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

For me my beaters would be mostly shoes and clothes.

For mucking around the house and work in my garage I keep separate shoes and clothes. Not necessarily old or tatty, just separate.

Because they do get more wear, get dirty more often, more dirty, so they need to be washed more often too, they wear more.

Also I have some old, but hugely comfortable, clothes I would wear at home, in the evening, with no visitors. Sort of track suit style. Sort of "in between wear” , to be used between regular day/work clothes and before you slip into pyjamas/robe.

My wife has similar shoes/clothes beaters. There is one big difference between us. I would still happily visit the DIY or Garden Centre in my beaters. Pop out to the supermarket. No way my wife would leave home in beaters.
Jeroen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

This tiny Bose Soundlink Micro Bluetooth speaker has been my beater speaker for the last 3 years. I usually like to listen to music even while doing some odd jobs and this is the perfect companion. Since it is waterproof and dust proof, I use it while biking, walking, hiking, swimming, gardening, cooking, washing/detailing car, taking shower and it just works without any complaints.

Name:  Screen Shot 20200903 at 6.19.26 PM.png
Views: 650
Size:  614.9 KB
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 01:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Have done this, but there is very limited improvement from Stock app. Is your experience much better than stock app with GCAM? Is there a specific version you are using?
Here is the result
Using the GCam app, the camera quality is superb. It's just that it's a little slow, because of the old hardware, otherwise fantastic results.https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617934890
Download the app from this link.
Attached Thumbnails
Beater everyday items and gear just like beater cars-img_20191218_155145.jpg  

aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 08:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post

This is what comes to my mind when I hear the word “beater”:
Attachment 2051090
Absolutely. A true beater and a watch which remains unfazed by anything you can throw at it. I have it hammered several times a week when I am at the gym. Its had countless collisions with with various objects, and bears almost no real scars to tell of it. The DW5600 Square G-Shock is a true beater and shines when the going gets tough. My everyday beater wearable item.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks