Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2007, 12:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

We have two innova's one is g2 and one is the v

Its the best car in india for that money i take mine to 120 very offen in the city and you don't even feel you are going so fast until you look at the speedo

the ride is simply superb we take them to our pind(village) and they just glides over the bumps and its way to stable to be a muv

and for the colour thing we also had the same problem but had to settle what the dealer had as we were in a hurry(dad had already sold the qualis)
i have also upgrade the rubber

Keep the black beauty safe

Last edited by manikjeet : 29th March 2007 at 12:47.
Old 29th March 2007, 12:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrates for your new car V-16, But you got inline 4 in innova.

I have Hankook Optimo K406 225/60 R15 with stock alloys. i would suggest you to get hankook if you got good year as a stock.
Old 29th March 2007, 14:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Gogi paaji,

Great choice on the V version. Its a damn comfortable family cruiser. And its very nice to drive too. Nice choice of color too. Seems like I have to make it to your place now (was just too lazy the other day) to check out the garage.
Old 29th March 2007, 14:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gogi!
fantastic buy.Loved the innova from day it was launched.
ended up buying one for my nagpur setup 6 months back. superb perfomance and handling. you will always love it.
Bridgestone are far better than hankooks, Please. and 225's will show u the difference in ride and handling.
Obviously u would have taken the 80/85 grand off? on offer?
black is Fantaastic just that u need a care taker wherever u go, otherwise the scratches/dust show out.
Old 29th March 2007, 14:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Bridgestone are far better than hankooks,
Sir,

In my Qualis Bridgestone Potenza were last only 40k, Even in Merc,Skoda and Lancer also.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 29th March 2007 at 14:59.
Old 29th March 2007, 15:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
Gogi,
Congrats..... The Innova is a awesome long distance............................. Yes u need to change the footware to 225/60 R 15... The goodyears that come as OE has terrible traction and sometimes feels scary.. If the car comes with OE Bridgestone 206/65 R15 then its fine.. Mine came with Goodyear and changed it... My friends came with a Bridgestone and his car handles we as it is...
Cheerssss
Thanks Bhushan. I hav'nt seen the car as it still has to arrive from the stock-yard and undergo PDI. As the chap at the dealership told me to change the footwear, i suspect it will be Goodyears as the ones in the show-room had the Goodyears. Oh and I stand corrected as I thought I saw 14s instead of 15s on the display car but it was not a V.or is it that in the V avtaar theres an upsize...whatever, im getting 225 Bridgestones for sure.
I also thought that the V came with leather but i was sadly informed that there is no leather option available. Then maybe i saw a custom job somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Congrats Gogi, a nice decision made for selecting a safe family car. Now the big question -- Where are you going to park it?
Moral, You sound very much like my DAD...he went " Do we actually need another car?"

Quote:
Congrats Gogi!
fantastic buy.Loved the innova from day it was launched.
ended up buying one
Bridgestone are far better than hankooks, Please. and 225's will show u the difference in ride and handling.
Obviously u would have taken the 80/85 grand off? on offer?
black is Fantaastic just that u need a care taker wherever u go, otherwise the scratches/dust show out.
Done sir, no Korean shoes for me. Will get the Jappies on her feet first thing on delivery.
Yur're right i got the 80K benefit plus another 10k off in accessories..(wonder what they'll put in an already loaded car?)
Also the colour...just had to have her in black. Will have to take care of the black colour. Already have the experience of some black beauties..
@ Dippy- thanks mate, Yes I did opt fo rthe Captain seats...(love the plush feeling of comfort)..but that'll kill the whole purpose of travelling with the kids as then the car is actually meant for only four and Driver, Me , Wife, 2 Brats, Maid= 6 + bags...If i have another car tagging along for just luggage, ill kick myself..maybe ill think of something...(i dont know what i was thinking of in the first place)

@ Iraghava- I got it sir....shoes will be changed, and guess what we'll be travelling in on the 22nd April drive/meet to Lavassa...!! (if im in town that is)

@ N.C.- anytime bro, ure welcome.

Last edited by V-16 : 29th March 2007 at 15:18. Reason: correction
Old 29th March 2007, 15:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Sir,

In my Qualis Bridgestone Potenza were last only 40k, Even in Merc,Skoda and Lancer also.
Mugen agreed, BUT ride and handling from Brids/michelins/yokos/contis is far better than Hankooks, and Me for one stupid person in anycase change the cars tyres for indian conditions at 30000kms or 4 years whichever is earlier
Hankooks/falkens/kumhos are tyres meant for the aftermarket economy conscious users.
my advise to u is to Please use better make tyres in future, you need safety and handling more than economy.
Tyres and Brakes Never compromise, they are your lifeline and direct link to road and safety
Sorry for the advise!
Old 29th March 2007, 15:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mugen agreed, BUT ride and handling from Brids/michelins/yokos/contis is far better than Hankooks, and Me for one stupid person in anycase change the cars tyres for indian conditions at 30000kms or 4 years whichever is earlier
Hankooks/falkens/kumhos are tyres meant for the aftermarket economy conscious users.
my advise to u is to Please use better make tyres in future, you need safety and handling more than economy.
Tyres and Brakes Never compromise, they are your lifeline and direct link to road and safety
Sorry for the advise!
One 100 % right and absolutely backed by me. Maybe Hankooks et all have the little edge in White lettering etc but thats all, the good tyres are the good tyres. I too change my tyres every 3-4 years and my cars hardly clock 25-30K in that time but safety first my friend Mugen...always remember that.
Old 29th March 2007, 15:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Gogi the Great,
with your pull and link, tell them to swap the tyres to Bridgestones from their yard[i got the nagpur dealer to change mine from goodyears to brids], then you can wait 6/8 months to upsize.
Old 29th March 2007, 15:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gogi the Great,
with your pull and link, tell them to swap the tyres to Bridgestones from their yard[i got the nagpur dealer to change mine from goodyears to brids], then you can wait 6/8 months to upsize.
Thanks scooby...(missing your scooby?) worth trying but agar upsize karna hi hai toh why wait, do it from day one only na? Right?

Last edited by V-16 : 29th March 2007 at 15:28. Reason: add
Old 29th March 2007, 15:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

And I hope you are working hard to keep that 22nd date to Lavasa and not vanishing awawy
Old 29th March 2007, 15:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
And I hope you are working hard to keep that 22nd date to Lavasa and not vanishing awawy
Believe me leaving no stone unturned at this
Old 29th March 2007, 15:49   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Moral, You sound very much like my DAD...he went " Do we actually need another car?"
In fact I remembered his words you recited the last time we met .
Old 29th March 2007, 15:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Scoobyji Thanks for your advise.. But mine car clocked 28000 kms in 6 months so that i have to think about economy. but anyway right now Merc is running on Bridgestone Potenza, Innova on Hankook, Laura on Hankook, Scooby on Yoko..

But will keep in mind..
Old 29th March 2007, 15:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Believe me leaving no stone unturned at this
Boss, me's in Luzern/Zurich on that day! cant leave that gloomy[romantic]weather and the mountain drives to be at Lavasa na?[no scooby too]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks