Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2007, 18:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well I would agree with Scooby & Gogi here about the tyre brands. I too personally prefer & recommend brands like Michelin/Brigdestone/Pirelli/Yokohama over Malaysian/Taiwanese brands. Tyres are far too important for us to compromise on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
@ Iraghava- I got it sir....shoes will be changed, and guess what we'll be travelling in on the 22nd April drive/meet to Lavassa...!! (if im in town that is)
Hmm... ok as you say sir!!! But make sure you have a nice & large ice box full of our favourite drink in the boot!! And no I don't mean Iced Tea!!

Last edited by iraghava : 29th March 2007 at 18:17.
Old 29th March 2007, 18:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks scooby...(missing your scooby?) worth trying but agar upsize karna hi hai toh why wait, do it from day one only na? Right?
Yes, saves you money too if you do it first thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Boss, me's in Luzern/Zurich on that day! cant leave that gloomy[romantic]weather and the mountain drives to be at Lavasa na?[no scooby too]
Well I was telling people to shift it to 1st of May but alas, looks like majority is on for 22nd only.
Old 29th March 2007, 19:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hmm... ok as you say sir!!! But make sure you have a nice & large ice box full of our favourite drink in the boot!! And no I don't mean Iced Tea!!
Oh so its not iced tea then is it?? was it Lassi then
Old 29th March 2007, 19:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey V-16, CONGRATS on your new buy!

I must compliment you on your style - you know what you want, you go, you order & you get - WAY TO GO mate!

Hope your black beauty gives you many hours of driving pleasure......
Old 30th March 2007, 06:55   #35
BHPian

Congrats!
I was considering purchasing the Innova diesel as well. Would current innova diesel owners comment about the maintenance expenses of this vehicle? I did hear that the tires do not lost long and this vehicle has one of the highest cost of spares in its group.
Thanks
Old 30th March 2007, 17:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Congrats!
I was considering purchasing the Innova diesel as well......I did hear that the tires do not lost long and this vehicle has one of the highest cost of spares in its group.
Thanks
It does belong to the Toyota Qualis family and I had one of those too. You may be right, the Qualis tyres ran out in 35K kms..and I had upgraded to Pirelli tubeless radials (yes, the earlier Qualises did not have tubeless tyres as OE. That became an OE much much later)
Old 30th March 2007, 18:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude... its one of my fav vehicle in India for family travel and deceptively, can take a lot of abuse. Nice choice of color too.
Old 2nd April 2007, 20:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Phew!! Finally got delivery today. Drove to the RTO and got the final nittie- gritties solved. These guys give a whole new meaning to Lethargy. From there drove down to Jogaani tyres at lamington road and got new shoes for the car. Expensive.. but then safety does'nt come cheap, does it? check Ford Rocam's tag line and you'll know what I mean. Got rid of her OEs 205/65/15 Goodyears and got Michlien 225/60/15. The steerings a tad bit heavy but she handles like a dream.
Got 2500 per tyre off on the Michliens which were priced at 6750/- per tyre. Dinesh Joganis a friend so i can catch his neck if hes fleeced me. So guys what do you think? was the deal a good one?
Tomorrows Ice and extra fittings day so Will post pics tomorrow.
Took it for a small drive to the Gurudwara as a ritual and returned home. Now im off to see Delhi Hieghts.
Will post tomorrow
Gnite
Old 2nd April 2007, 20:45   #39
BANNED

Hey Gogi,

Congrats man. Me too ended up at Dinesh's and fitted Dunlop SP 9000 in my new addition to the cars W 124 E220. Got 225/55/16 tyres. I think we ended up crossing each other.

Viper
Old 2nd April 2007, 22:26   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Gogi for your new ride, you have a good taste buddy... toa ho jayee Lassi Shassi & makkea di roti tea sarsoa da saag as a treat (a different treat indeed!)... Awaiting for pics bro...
also do give us your review on Delhi Heights was planning to go with Wifey..

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 2nd April 2007 at 22:27.
Old 3rd April 2007, 00:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gogi Bhai!!! And great choice with the tyres, I think you got a very good deal! Have fun driving her, waiting for the treat next time around!
Old 3rd April 2007, 01:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Gogi,

Congrats man. Me too ended up at Dinesh's and fitted Dunlop SP 9000 in my new addition to the cars W 124 E220. Got 225/55/16 tyres. I think we ended up crossing each other.
Viper
Shucks man I think I left and you entered. Met Sam on the way. He told me you were going to Jogani, i thought ud be at Lalit's at Mahim. Great Shoes and congrats for your new 124. Its one o fthe best Mercs ever built, solid as a rock. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Congratulations Gogi for your new ride, you have a good taste buddy... toa ho jayee Lassi Shassi & makkea di roti tea sarsoa da saag as a treat (a different treat indeed!)... Awaiting for pics bro...
also do give us your review on Delhi Heights was planning to go with Wifey..
Any time Suri saab Anytime, seriously!!
Re Delhi Heights, Im just back. Its a fab movie. I loved it for its unjumbled story and plot, unlike big budgeted flicks where they have 90,000 plots entwined in each other. Dont go expecting a lot and ull be happy. Good old Panju Shanju stuff like Khosla Ka Ghosla, loved that too. My advice - see it!! Loved the differnt music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congratulations Gogi Bhai!!! And great choice with the tyres, I think you got a very good deal! Have fun driving her, waiting for the treat next time around!
Thanks bro! Come an have a look at her personally.

I have a Dvd/MP3 head unit with two lcd screens and two speakers lying with me. just wanted to get advice on what to do, to get good sound from the Innova, sans subs. Dont have a place for subs. If i do put in the subs, then ill land up sacrificing the luggage space. So i plan to do this

1) Interchange the OE head unit (its a cd/ tuner/cassete cum MP3 player)with what ive got
2) Change the speakers with Pioneer/JBL - will have to contact Navin and Sam fo rthat advice. Will see tha possibility of putting separates with a crossover Add decent tweeters ( the car comes with built in ones but i dont know how good they are). In all dont wanna go overboard. wil have to keep a moderate budget.
3) Add another 3rd roof mounted 8'' screen and fit the existing 5'' Necvoxs that i already have on the front seat Headrests
3) Plonk in an amp (which also i think i already have but will have to check)
4) Tint the car with medium grey all round and the front windscreen film too
5) Fit in a reverse sensor ( my drivers 5'.1'' above ground level)
6) Someone told me to put covers with turning lamps on the outside mirrors (will have to see if it looks too Jhatak and then decide)
7) Pay for all of the above

Expert comments please!!
Old 3rd April 2007, 03:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

How about a roof-mounted sub or an under-seat one? It'll save your luggage space and you'll still get some punch in your audio.
Old 3rd April 2007, 07:37   #44
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Gogi. Good choice of equipment to be put in for a family touring vehicle. Have fun with it.
Old 3rd April 2007, 08:55   #45
BANNED

Quote:
4) Tint the car with medium grey all round and the front windscreen film too
6) Someone told me to put covers with turning lamps on the outside mirrors (will have to see if it looks too Jhatak and then decide)

Expert comments please!!

Hey Gogi,

Regarding the film please invest in a good brand which offers a higher % of Solar Energy Rejected. I would recommed Film Pro Titanium 35 which rejects 56% heat very effective. This is a 1 time investment which a majority scringe on as they think a film is a film why invest in a expensive brand. Little do they know how wrong they are. You can also go for equivalent film from brands like Llumaar, Solar Guard or 3M. Not recommending Vkool as over priced.

Mirror Covers will not suit you too bling. Do change your headlight bulbs though.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 3rd April 2007 at 08:56.

Most Viewed