Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Great pictures Gogi . I see youre fully equipped for in car entertaiment

Hope to see your new machine soon.
Ur welcome Anytime Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
If you will be free in the evening, give me a call. We could meet up.
Cup holders anyone

This link should explain things well
Was coming till this evening and now have delayed ...u know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
wow the innova looks stunning in black. just not a big fan of the chrome ORVMs and would personally prefer them in body color.

nice job with the lcd screens, can they play seperate video?
Thanks but they allplay the same video as there is only one player installed
Old 15th April 2007, 14:03   #62
Team-BHP Support

your cars looking great.
Old 8th June 2007, 22:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi V-16,

Just wanted to check how is it going with Innova ? Also I am curious to know whats your feedback about Michellin MXV8 225/60 R15 Tyre

I too plan to upgrade tyres on my Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th June 2007, 00:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hi V-16,

Just wanted to check how is it going with Innova ? Also I am curious to know whats your feedback about Michellin MXV8 225/60 R15 Tyre

I too plan to upgrade tyres on my Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
The Innovas doing great. I think the best thing I did was to upgrade to the Michelins as they are performing great. The ride is good and the grip is awesome (NOT THAT IM THROWING HER AROUND CORNERS) but i think even bridgestones would do as well. I took the advice of my tyre dealer (no, not Ishan) who said this set of shoes was far superior (and expensive) to the stones. Im happy. The original footwear are not upto the mark. Thats what the Toyota dealer told me too.
Old 12th June 2007, 10:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Ok guys posting pics now. Will have to do it in two posts as the pics exceed the allowed number of 20...so check out the new ride.
Part-I:

The Innova was Driven straight from the Dealership to Jogani Tyres at Lamington Road for her new shoes.

Her OEs, 205/65/15 Goodyears were exchanged for Michelin Energys 225/60/15

This is how she looks with her new shoes on: The last two pics also show her with tints-Garwares were used.

Now lets see what changes were made in the interior.
The OE Deck was replaced by a Pioneer Dvd/Tuner DVH-P5000MP in the same place making sure that it looked like an OE. This is a head unit from my previous car so is and old unit which was serviced throughly before installation.

The OE installation:

Replaced by the Pioneer:

Two Necvox Lcd screens fitted on the rear side of the front seat head rests.
These are also from my previous car.

OE Headrest:

After LCD screen fitting:

A roof mounted drop down Lcd screen was mounted neatly on the roof keeping in mind not to disturb the ducting of the roof a/c vents.

The roof screen could be fitted only ahead of the cabin/door light as anywhere behid would hamper passenger movement and could lead to an injury when open.

This was bought new as can be seen from the film on the screen:

An overview showing fittment of all three screens:

The Reverse Sensors:
The Reverse Sensor Panel is mounted on the front left corner of the Dash with the help of a mounting tape. No holes were drilled on this install. The wire is concealed but I have delibrately kept it open to show its travel path and outlet. The Monitor is very bright and is especially noticable during the dark.

The sensors (total of 4) are mounted on the rear bumper and are black in colour so one can actually miss their presence on the black bumper. Notice the dots on the bumper, these are the sensors and they work quite well.

The Roof mounted Air vents are especially useful and work very well indeed.

A few questions: 1) How much did the tyre dealer give you for your stock tyres? The same as for new Goodyears?

1b) Don't the tyres reduce FE? More friction = more work for the engine.

2) You say the reverse sensor has 4 detectors in the back, but the display device seems to show 2 indicators in front, and 3 in back.

3) The Pioneer deck seems to have left a empty space right below the HU. Or is there a black cover not visible in the picture?

4) Doesn't the front DVD player distract during driving? Would it have been possible to mount a DVD display at the center in line with the back of the front seats, thereby saving having to install displays in back of both of the front seats?

5) Have you removed the film due to the latest crazy ruling from the Delhi court?

6) Did you get the Toyota option package w/ the chrome mirrors and the turn signal display in the mirrors? Does it display an arrow right in the glass?

The Innova looks great; please post more pics.
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thank you V-16 for the update, In few months I will be upgrading to Michellins, One question in my mind is are you using stock alloys or changed alloys with width 6.5inch which is ideal rim for 225/60 R15 tyre although 6 inch will serve the purpose as well I think.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:12   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thank you V-16 for the update, In few months I will be upgrading to Michellins, One question in my mind is are you using stock alloys or changed alloys with width 6.5inch which is ideal rim for 225/60 R15 tyre although 6 inch will serve the purpose as well I think.

Regards,

Ravi.
he has stock alloys. look at the pics.

Most Viewed