Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2007, 23:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Welcoming the Toyota Innova 2.5D "V" into my family.

It all actually started the day before, i.e. on the 26th of March 2007.
We thought of getting a "Family" car and the undoubted choice was the Toyota Innova. Almost immediately I went into "configure car" mode and the choice had to be a Black Innova, the V version, as it is the only version one can get ABS and twin Air Bags as standard. These options are a must for any new car coming into my garage, which have these as available options.
I swept into action as the 31st was just a kiss away and if I did'nt get my car before that, i'd have to kiss my depreciation benefits goodbye.
The dealers were contacted (Madhuban Toyota) and a sales agent was plonked in my office before i could say "To Yeh Tha!!".
Looked at all the options and discounts and finace packages and enquired if my colour was available, all answered in the affirmative. The Deal was struck but it was past any decent working hour so the rest would have to be done the next day.
The next day being a bank holiday, I wanted all formalities to get done.
Come the next morning, noon and evening, no sight of the agent except answers to calls made by me saying that they would be there shortly. The guys turned up at 1900 hrs. Thats not all, It suddenly dawned on them that the version I want, is not available in the colour I want or in any other colour except the Horrid Gold and Dirty Silver His explanation "Gold and Silver are the largest selling colours.That is everyone's first choice."(Do they mean the other colours they sell are because of lack of supply of these two colours! Makes you wonder why Toyota make the Innova in any other colours at all, since everyone wants only two colours!!..Was I loosing it for hating these two and opting for Black????!!)
I bid adieu to them and again its past any decent hour to go car shopping....Another day, another night...Yawn!!!! ZZZZZzzzzzzz!!!

Today:
I call Shinrai Toyota and since i know what I want, find out the availability. Yippee they have a Black Innova "V". I drive down to the Worli showroom and strike a deal on the finance package. The CEO Mr. Noah Asthamkar just whizzes past and stops in his tracks...He remembers me (from my previous attendances in the showroom-they must have a cctv and also there mus'nt be a lot of Surds coming to the showeroom -guess it was when I bought my Qualis & Camry and friend's Corolla, Qualis, Inova, Prado...anyway) invites me to his office and get the formalities done at his cabin. Now thats what I call service!! A Sales guy accompanies me to my office to collect the papers and Viola..Il have my car in a a couple of days.( Maybe the fact that the owner of the dealership is a good friend of mine has something..or a lot to do with this, but i appreciate their style of working totally)
Just wanted to share this with you guys as was to exited and had to let all of you know. I love the looks of a Black Innova. Will post pics when I get the delivery.
All i can say now is welcome to the Family Innovaji!!
Old 28th March 2007, 23:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. Innova is a great car and with a GEM engine. You will love it on highway. I have seen Innova pwning DICOR's, CRDe, TDCi and even Accent CRDi on higways. It one gr8 family car with crisp handling and good top speed.

Congrats again...
Old 28th March 2007, 23:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations,Gogi. One more car in ur already HUGE car collection.
One day, U mite just surpass the Prince of Brunei!
PS: Isnt the Innova a 2.5? Or Did U get a special engine for urself??
Old 28th March 2007, 23:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Gogi! Lots of torque in your future!
Old 28th March 2007, 23:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes its displacement is 2494CC or 2496CC if i remember correctly.
Old 28th March 2007, 23:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Congratulations,Gogi.
PS: Isnt the Innova a 2.5? Or Did U get a special engine for urself??
You Guys down south think only of swapping engines or wot?
Yeah, you're right about it being a 2.5D but by the time I realised it it was too late to edit. Even Rahul pointed it out thru PM to me. Thanks
P.S. Mods, can u please edit my post and change the 2.4 to 2.5 to save me from looking like an Idiot?!
Thanks!!

Last edited by V-16 : 28th March 2007 at 23:59. Reason: mistake
Old 28th March 2007, 23:56   #7
BHPian

Congrats Gogi...looks like I need to drop in to your place soon to check out your rides.

Cheers!!!
Old 28th March 2007, 23:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats..but the innova looks out of place in that huge collection....awesome collection though...
Old 29th March 2007, 00:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ive been advised to immediately change its OE footwear from the present 205/65/R14 Goodyears, to 225/65/R14 Bridgestones. When I enquired why, the works guy at Shinrai told me that they are what the car should be having in the first place. I inquired whether I should go down on the profiles to 60 instead of 65, he said that i should let the 65 profile remain. He distinctly told me to get Bridgestones only and not even Pirellis or Micheliens.
Anyone have an idea why?? Do you think the others are not upto the mark?
Old 29th March 2007, 01:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

About the tyres,let me introduce U to a nice dude called Ishaan who can help.
Old 29th March 2007, 03:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Gogi sahab badhaiyaan!!! Congrats on the new car man, for a family car it's a perfect choice!! And good to know you're buying the version with the full safety equipmetn, very essential for our roads these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Ive been advised to immediately change its OE footwear from the present 205/65/R14 Goodyears, to 225/65/R14 Bridgestones.
Sirji the correct size is not 205/65 14 but 205/65 R15!!! And the correct upsize is 225/60 R15! BTW do find out the width of the alloys & tell me so we can decide the size accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
About the tyres,let me introduce U to a nice dude called Ishaan who can help.
Nice one there Nitrous

Last edited by iraghava : 29th March 2007 at 03:38.
Old 29th March 2007, 10:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy Gogi. The Innova is the perfect family vehile and great for long hauls as well. Did you take captain seats?

Hope to see it in the next meet.
Old 29th March 2007, 11:50   #13
BHPian

Gogi,
Congrats..... The Innova is a awesome long distance COMFORTABLE family car.. My dad goes to Bangalore in it all the time and he luvs it so much that he refuses to take a flight to Bangalore now a days...
Yes u need to change the footware to 225/60 R 15... The goodyears that come as OE has terrible traction and sometimes feels scary.. If the car comes with OE Bridgestone 206/65 R15 then its fine.. Mine came with Goodyear and changed it... My friends came with a Bridgestone and his car handles we as it is...
Cheerssss
Old 29th March 2007, 12:12   #14
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Gogi, a nice decision made for selecting a safe family car. Now the big question -- Where are you going to park it?
Old 29th March 2007, 12:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Now the big question -- Where are you going to park it?
That's taken care of already. He's sending it to me in Delhi for safe keeping

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks