Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 15:03   #61
BHPian

Re: Almost got fined for not wearing a mask

The police cannot impose a fine now. Watch this...

Old 12th September 2020, 17:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

I was stopped last week by a cop for not wearing mask in my car. He argued that its a 'RULE' to wear mask once you are out of your house. Luckily there was a bus stop across the road and there were people standing there without masks. I also argued that I will pay the 'FINE' but first he should go and collect 'FINE' from people standing at bus stop. After 2 minutes he just let me go.

This was in news paper 3 days ago. I'm not sure if cops are allowed to fine people for not wearing masks either in personal vehicles or public road. But BMC is surely allowed to fine you.

Quote:
BMC has launched a massive campaign to ask people to wear masks when they step out. Municipal Commissioner Iqbal Chahal has asked officials to fine around 1 lakh people every month for not wearing a mask. The BMC has also reduced the fine for not wearing a mask from Rs 1,000 to Rs 200
https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...w/78007685.cms
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 20:16   #63
BHPian

Have been challaned on 1st August at Barakhamba Road Delhi for not wearing mask while driving. I stopped at a traffic signal, all of a sudden a cop appears and clicks my photo while inside the car and then asks me to pay fine. I argued a bit, but seeing the discussion leading nowhere, decided to pay a fine of Rs. 500/- and end the saga. And yes, I was not alone. My brother was at the passenger seat. So technically the cop was right, but logic was flawed..
sanyog26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 14:22   #64
BHPian

To be honest, I don't care about what the cops are doing on the road for the situations stated above (and also by the OP). I have been wearing mask since day 1 of declaration of the pandemic in all sorts of situations, be it driving alone, with my wife, heck, I even wear a mask when I step out of my main door to the corridor in my apartment to put garbage in the bin placed 1cm (yeah, no typo here) from my door.

You'll ask me "Why?". I'll reply, "for my own safety & for my family's".

I believe in the proverb - "better be safe than be sorry".

Of course one can argue with me in the way that, "You are breathing the same air even in your house, dude!"
You are quite correct when you say that, however, I'm more concerned about the infection spreading by the way of droplets, and chances are rare of the droplets floating in the air and coming into my house, as long as someone intentionally does not sneeze peeping into my windows.

The way this pandemic is taking shape in our country, well, at least in Bangalore, which has already surpassed all other cities, Delhi apart, and stands at 2nd position in a country of 133 crores, maybe, just maybe, I'll resort to wearing a mask, and enforce my family members to wear a mask even when inside home (call me Hitler if you will, I don't care, but you'll thank me when all this is done & dusted).

To sum it up then, I am dumb and wear a mask for my safety everywhere, and DO NOT use my brain where it is not needed (e.g., in discriminating where to wear and where not to). Its not always about the law you know.

I'm done, you can start bashing my post now, in case you do not agree with my thoughts, I promise, I'll not complain .
arijit_chat2006 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 20:02   #65
BHPian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-13273566/amp/

What not to use as a mask!
But this is how the futile lockdowns implemented by clueless governements have frustrated people everywhere. Probably better off dead than living this way? Might soon come to that.
Zen2001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 13:23   #66
BHPian

Just saw this in my Google feed.

https://www.barandbench.com/news/lit...ation-delhi-hc

I don't know how long it will take for the final verdict to come, but this might bring some clarity on what exactly the law means and unwanted harassments can be avoided in future.
Old 18th September 2020, 13:50   #67
BHPian

Well I was just wondering, I am allowed to go to a restaurant and have a meal with my family without wearing a mask (obviously u cant eat with mask on) and with many others sitting around . But I will be fined if I am sitting in my own car, without mask, with the same family members. Not going into what is right or wrong, but just thinking bout illogical rules.
Joyb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 15:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Well I was just wondering, I am allowed to go to a restaurant and have a meal with my family without wearing a mask (obviously u cant eat with mask on) and with many others sitting around . But I will be fined if I am sitting in my own car, without mask, with the same family members. Not going into what is right or wrong, but just thinking bout illogical rules.
Are dine-in restaurants allowed as of now? I thought only take-away/delivery was permitted
Old 18th September 2020, 15:24   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Are dine-in restaurants allowed as of now? I thought only take-away/delivery was permitted
Well in Delhi NCR even Dine-In bars are open now.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
The logic being that you can't fine someone for not wearing a mask while putting food into the mouth.

What if someone wanted to have a bite in his car, parked by the roadside? Or just drink water from a bottle? I've done that on an almost daily basis while visiting hospitals all day long, carrying my packed lunch with me. Will they fine me for that?
Zen2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:36   #71
BHPian

Looks like in Bangalore they have made it mandatory for single person inside a four wheeler as well

Bengaluru: BBMP’s mask mandate for solo motorists

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/78919496.cms
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:02   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Looks like in Bangalore they have made it mandatory for single person inside a four wheeler as well

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/78919496.cms
Really? I have only this to say then -
Attached Thumbnails
Almost got fined for not wearing a mask-images-2.jpeg  

Zen2001 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post

Some of their quoted reasons were-

As it is the rules state that you have to wear a mask when you step out. So while driving, you are out .

You might roll down the windows at a signal for whatever reason like buying guavas.

You might step out of the car after parking and forget to put the mask on.
--------------
The jury is still out.
Old 22nd November 2020, 14:33   #74

It is about tightening control, enforcing compliance on general public, and looting hard-earned money from people, all in the name of safety. Do you think these policemen dare to challan politicians, beurocrats, and other influential people? Did they ever challan crowds at the political rallies?

Everyone knows the answer, but yeah let's not talk about it.
iVictor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 15:31   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Mask compulsory when travelling alone, Delhi govt. tells HC

Affidavit came in response to plea by advocate challenging ₹500 challan issued to him

The Delhi government on Wednesday informed the High Court that wearing a mask is compulsory for everyone when travelling alone in private vehicles due to the pandemic.

The Delhi government reiterated that the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) had mandated wearing mask by any person who is moving in any public place, including inside their private vehicles as early as April.

Source

Rs 2,000 penalty in Delhi for not wearing mask, rises from Rs 500

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on November 19 announced that the penalty for not wearing a mask in public places has been raised to Rs 2000 from the existing Rs 500.

Source
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed