Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427
1) Pune has started a new BTR system in which there are two lanes dedicated only for the New HIgh Speed Buses.
A lot of BEST buses ply on routes that have one to one and a half lane for the most part.

Quote:
2) London has started charging Special taxes if you want to drive in an Congested area. . .
Makes mostly all of Mumbai chargeable then.

Quote:
1) taking the hawkers of the road.
Shabana Azmi, Medha Patkar and some other considerate ladies will stage a dharna, block the demolition squad, demand that every hawker be rehabilitated, and soon Bombay will have a few malls that sell everything from bhel puri to bananas. Did you not hear about the guys at National Park shifted to some towers in Chandivali? I mean, Mumbai's middle class incur a lifetime of debt getting accomodation like that.

Quote:
2) how about an special training session for Rickshaw driver where in we train them how do drive without killing some one every day ????
Rickshaw drivers must contribute the least to fatal accidents. I'd say they generate more business for hospitals than cemetries. If anyone needs to be killed, its the rickshaw wallahs themselves, everytime they veer out of a double parking spot with no indication.

But seriously,

In addition to all the above, the cabs!? Everytime I'm in a hurry to get someplace, there has to be a cabbie perched atop a flyover with his broken ride and a trail of small rocks behind it, merrily pondering his POA while there is a mile long queue of vehicles snaking their way around it. They should seriously dump old cabs. Cabs are too affordable, in my opinion. It defeats the purpose of public transport.

Most Viewed