Team-BHP - Carb for first model Maruti 800
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Carb for first model Maruti 800 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/2292-carb-first-model-maruti-800-a.html)

Anybody knows where I can get a carb (new) for my '84 Maruti 800?
Bombay guys can tell me if anybody knows any shop from Oper house area has one.

Rudra,

If you are willing to wait, and no one else comes up with a solution before - Drop a line the next you are in bombay. We can go together to pick it up from a source of mine.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 12 2004,13:18)]Rudra,

If you are willing to wait, and no one else comes up with a solution before

I don't seem to have any other choice pal:(
Anyway, sounds great. Even if we don't get it we may end up seeing/having other interesting things

i too have 84 model maruthi 800. AIX 9999. we got many of the parts from calcutta. here in hyd also i was getting the parts but were costing a hell. i will check out here and let u know about it. there is a old shop where he has a quite a good collection of old part. he sells Maruthi Genuine Parts. My engine bed became week, it is costing 8000rs where as latest 800 one cost 900 odd bucks.
what ever it is, its a damm good car. its pickup and handelling is better might be due to its weight. it returns me 15kms in city and 18 on highway. to start it half crank is enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ravi_28_8 @ July 22 2004,23:35)]here in hyd also i was getting the parts but were costing a hell. i will check out here and let u know about it. there is a old shop where he has a quite a good collection of old part. he sells Maruthi Genuine Parts.

That would be great. Let me know.
Thanks a ton.

Hi
I found out about it. Those r direct Japan made he told. He said he can get it in about 15 days time. He is not so sure about its availability. He gets them from Delhi it seems. He says it might cost 10000 also but he is not sure. This source is reliable one and he has 2 shops one is MGP and other one is all old car original parts.
He advised me to try from another place where they have second hand once which costs 1000rs odd. He said why do u want to spend so much for 20000rs car. Any way he said he would let me know about the availability on Monday.

i was out of station so i could not post the info........

that carb is not available for him itseems. he said some small part which belongs to it r available with him. he asked to try out second's. .
hey rudra if u get it plz let me know where.
thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ravi_28_8 @ Aug. 05 2004,10:27)]hey rudra if u get it plz let me know where.
thanks

It's almost impossible to get a new one. Besides anybody's having that will charge a fancy price. I'll try in second hand market and let you know. How much you're willing to pay for an old curb depends on your desperation level.

Hey Rudra,

Whats wrong with the existing carb in the first place?? What could be so bad that can't be repaired?? Unless there is some physical damage to it, I don't see why you would have to change the complete unit. Let me know what the prob is and maybe I can help. BTW, is the car in Bombay??

Also, if you do have to change it, instead of the original, you could always get one off another car. Hey, twin webbers would be cool!!

Rt

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 05 2004,11:31)]Hey Rudra,

Whats wrong with the existing carb in the first place?? What could be so bad that can't be repaired?? Unless there is some physical damage to it, I don't see why you would have to change the complete unit. Let me know what the prob is and maybe I can help. BTW, is the car in Bombay??

Also, if you do have to change it, instead of the original, you could always get one off another car. Hey, twin webbers would be cool!!

Rt

Hi rtech.
The car is in Bangalore. Nothing wrong with ther carb. It's a new model's carb and possibly (I got it from second hand market) old. I really don't know the difference between a new carb and an old one. Mechanics tell me that mixture adjustment was different in old one and that could be the reason for not getting right mileage. Currently my car gives around 12 to 13 kmpl which I think is pretty low. My life partner drives the car and she drives (that's what I feel) well *
I've changed the plugs few days ago with Bosch four tips one and re- tuned the engine from Psycho's mechanic. Let's see the result. It has K&N filter also. Car has done only 3000+ km after we re-bored the engine. It's still not as free reving as it should be.
If nothing works out...I'll take your advice by putting a twin webbers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Aug. 05 2004,14:32)]I've changed the plugs few days ago with Bosch four tips one and re- tuned the engine from Psycho's mechanic.

Hey Rudra,

Four tip plugs.... hmmm.....i personally am against even splitfire plugs (2spark) in common applications....so a 4spark plug im quite suspicious about in a M800.... theoretically more sparks = better, more complete burn, but whether the coil is putting out enough power to make four good sparks from the power that has been designed to make only one good spark... hmm...not so sure. Plus generally when upgrading spark plugs its highly reccomended that you get some better plug wires as well.
Anyway, maybe the tuning from physco's mechanic will dso your car some good...... and yeah.. 3000km after re-boring is still young.

Also, a couple of years back wasnt the bosch sparkplug division bought over by some south american company, and the sparkplugs are now produced in S America under the bosch name?
Even Merc had switched over to NGK as their OEM.....
Any info on this anyone?

cya
R

four pin plug does it mean four diff sparks at the same time or is it alternates between the elctrodes and hence less chance of fouling and better plug life?? am confused here???

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ Aug. 05 2004,15:59)]four pin plug does it mean four diff sparks at the same time or is it alternates between the elctrodes and hence less chance of fouling and better plug life?? am confused here???

Four different sparks at the same time i believe.

ok did some research it gives four diff paths (not at the same time) refer here for more Spark plug facts Bosch

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Aug. 05 2004,15:34)]Anyway, maybe the tuning from physco's mechanic will dso your car some good...... and yeah.. 3000km after re-boring is still young.

Also, a couple of years back wasnt the bosch sparkplug division bought over by some south american company, and the sparkplugs are now produced in S America under the bosch name?
Even Merc had switched over to NGK as their OEM.....
Any info on this anyone?

Yeah, the car is running better after tuning. I'll change the cable also. Didn't get time that day. Thanks for reminding.
About mileage..don't know as yet.
Rehaan, the plug pack which I bought says made in Germany.