Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 9th November 2020, 11:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: WhatsApp Payments gets govt nod! Will it be a game changer?

Doesn't WhatsApp have a restriction that I need to add a number to contacts to initiate a chat, so that means any payment I need to make, I will need to store the contact which maybe an unnecessary overhead for one time or occasional payment. If it is regular recurring payment, then makes sense.

Someone I know was saying he would follow an approach of using WhatsApp for anyone in contacts and one of the other UPI Apps for one time, irregular needs. I think I will follow that.

I don't see it as a game changer. I think UPI has already been a game changer, but WhatsApp payments will help UPI scale new heights for sure.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:59   #17
BHPian

The negative side of these UPI apps is during a server glitch and with failed transaction , if the payment get stuck in half way being deducted from our account but not credited to party account, we are in trouble!

Whom to approach for resolution?
When will the amount get refunded?
To whom the amount will go? to the payee or payer?

If using direct bank apps, example "Icici direct" bank app if the same happens, all we need to do is to walk in straight to any nearby icici branch and request them with the failed transaction details with a pre-printed requisition form. Any time we can keep visiting the brand and follow up the status of failed transaction. Similar to failed cash deposit or ATM machine transactions.

Such responsibility falls directly to bank and many a times and the bank itself ensure to settle these failed transaction automatically.

A safe play indeed with convenience.

Last edited by jeganatu : 9th November 2020 at 14:06.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 08:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Payments option seems to be activated on my WA version now. It shows a huge list of banks but when I try and add my Citi account (using SBI UPI), it says your bank is having a problem. Any tips?
Attached Thumbnails
WhatsApp Payments gets govt nod! Will it be a game changer?-screenshot_20201218080208.jpg  

Old 18th December 2020, 09:35   #19
BHPian

I was able to add my bank, though it took around 4-5 mins for each step.

WhatsApp Payments gets govt nod! Will it be a game changer?-screenshot_20201218092237.jpg

WhatsApp Payments gets govt nod! Will it be a game changer?-screenshot_20201218092315.jpg

Payment option is visible in the attachments tab.

WhatsApp Payments gets govt nod! Will it be a game changer?-screenshot_20201218092345.jpg
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed