Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2004, 02:05   #1

hey guys the day to part from my sera has come.....i am going for a new turbocharged nos powered car so this has to go...i have spent a lot of money on this changed all the seals...everything....new shockers for 10000....new alloys....bridgstone low profile tubeless tires...new seat covers....battery with tester on display.....i have added full body custom graphics....n blue under body lights...red led in front grill which gives it night rider look......n hell lot....i added pioneer 2 din with 12" sub 4 way speakers....but i want include this in package...so for everything else i want 4.50 lac.....that's the selling price nt any cheap game......i kept this car like a baby ...u can make that out very clearly from opics....car is delhi registred it's in punjab...jalandhar with me....so what u say???
check out the pics

http://omicron.uk.com/gallery/view_a...ame=sera_india

some morre

http://www.xbhp.com/forum/topic.bike?TOPIC_ID=3292

http://www.xbhp.com/forum/topic.bike?TOPIC_ID=3340
Old 1st August 2004, 04:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

year
specs
no of owners
genuine mileage
paperwork
these details would help potential buyers
Old 1st August 2004, 13:08   #3

120 bhp automatic.....170 km/hr top speed personally tested
engine noise 2 satisfy the need for speed specially the boast at 60
48000 kms done
all paperwork present including the importing papers also
Old 1st August 2004, 13:19   #4

it's having all disc brakes...ABS...cool gulwing doors...has done some 48000 kms was present at ludhiana-jal. get 2gether by xbhp.com also....got all the papers even the import duty payment ones also...
check out the pics[b]
Old 1st August 2004, 15:01   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey raman,
thats really a well maintained Sera u got. There was a time when the Sera was a hot import in Bombay. Remember there were only 9 of them in Mumbai. Remember seeing the Sera in Fevicol [i think so] ad too years back.

BTW, doesnt the stock Sera produce 100 [+ or - 5] bhp?? Is your Sera stock or has it been modded to produce 120 bhp?? Cos I remember my dads friend tellin me that his Sera produced somewhere between 100-105 bhp.

Sera's retail for very less in Mumbai. The price that you are asking is quite high and used to be the asking price 2-3 years ago. And that too low mileage models.
Old 1st August 2004, 15:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nicely maintained car dude.. cauz.. most of the Seras I see are so badly kept.. and one thing I observed in Seras is that the headlight reflectors and the headlights go muddy..dusty...rusty!
Old 1st August 2004, 16:29   #7

its the cars condition u r paying...u buy a cheap sera and end up spending some 2 lac to make it running ...this u need to do nothing......sera has a 119 bhp engine to be exact as supplied by toyota
Old 1st August 2004, 17:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

hey v12/raman/guys

are seras cheap to maintain?, leaving aside raman's lovely piece, how much on avg does one pay for a avg sera are spares available???
Old 1st August 2004, 19:10   #9

well sera is cheap to maintain after some things are fixed.....like the door struts which have to b changed costs 10000 i have done this ....then all oil seal chamber seal and some more.....each cost from 700 to 2500 there are some 4 or 5 seals i changed all....whole engine has to be removed for this change it will take a week and some 5000 as labour charges minimum....then the headlights cost 20000 i changed them......every other sera needs paint job some 20000 more....then u have to get it fully serviced and all oils changed which will cost some 10000.......new battery tires....alloys...seat covers.....can take it to some 50000.....after all this n some bits i forgot u get a perfect sera......u dont have to do any thing else it will run problem free...and yes the 4 brake bads....some 8000 more.....so i have done all this....u buy cheap going seras for some 3 lac then do all this in some 4 months ......it's up to u.....i worked a lot on this car...inside out its in very good condition.....best kept sera i think....now personally i know i shld ask for 5 because of the work i have done....but i want a honest deal so 4.5 no less no more.....
Old 1st August 2004, 20:06   #10
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The link you have provided says :

coolest sera....owned by raman in india..turbo charged with pioner 2/din hd and kit...15"alloys...blue neon lights

As far as I know, Sera has a NA 1.5L engine [or am i wrong??].

Have you retro-fitted a Turbo to it or is it an engine swap??

Old 1st August 2004, 22:46   #11

no its na........WITHOUT TURBO
Old 2nd August 2004, 12:27   #12
Team-BHP Support

I always liked the Sera, but getting a car like this as an automatic kinda ruins all the fun. May be good for posing though, but on this forum you need more than that.

the car does look well looked after though, which is good to see. The ones in Mumbai are a mess!!

Rt
Old 2nd August 2004, 15:58   #13

i thought same....but sera is hell of a car even for automatic she has great stability and caliber...u can approch corners like u never thought of....she is better than lancer in driving appeal...i have driven lancer till 160 and car was all drained of power but the way sera reaches 170 is superb....automatic is nt that bad....it makes a great cruising drive and when in overdrive a enjoyable car
Old 10th August 2004, 20:33   #14
BHPian

wow thats quite a bit compared to what its worth in mumbai
sweet ride you have there!
Old 15th August 2004, 11:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Man.....i had always hated the Sera more than i hate the Cabbiez......But this 1z way apart and looks cool for a change.....
Gr8 ride and job.

Most Viewed