Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 23:20   #31

re: My brother-in-law & other Indian sailors are stuck on anchorage in China! Update: Back HOME

Condolences for what you are going through...My suggestion would be just re-tweet the tweets you made, take screenshot of all your mails and attach them to your tweets...as fellow Indians & BHPians we will try to make them viral, so that they come to the notice of higher authorities. You are going through a difficult phase of of life, never leave a stone unturned.. I wish/believe everything will be alright in coming days..
sidhu.algods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 00:45   #32
BHPian

re: My brother-in-law & other Indian sailors are stuck on anchorage in China! Update: Back HOME

No sure but approaching any international agency like UNHRC should help. It definitely is a case of human rights issue, international charters notwithstanding.

Please make a group of all those affected including families and approach collectively.

https://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HR...dureIndex.aspx

Last edited by autohead : 21st November 2020 at 01:02.
autohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 13:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
I have asked him to check on that. Thank you for the advice.
From the internet have found out that the club is North Of England P&I Association. So if you go through their site you will get details of people you can get in touch with.

Alternately ask your BIL to check the copy of the MLC certificate which is kept on the ship it will have the contact details as well. All the best and hope the situation is resolved quickly
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
Just out of curiosity, what happens if the cargo and / or the ship is damaged and the crew has to abandon ship?
In a case of abandonement when genuinely in distress, there is no question of jumpng through the hoops. All coastal states are obligated to provide the search and rescue as mandated by UNCLOS( United nations convenrtions on the laws of the sea.

The current scenario is however different and pure arm twisting by the Chinese with #seafarers #frontline warriors as political hostages.
Marshall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 22:57   #35
BHPian

Thank You everyone for your comments and advice.

We have made it to 30K plus in change petition and now we have received few enquiries from times and other media houses. We are still on the same point with no progress whatsoever in the situation but things have started to move and people at the higher ups are listening.

NUSI and other organization including the company are doing their best and we are hoping and praying for something to happen soon.
ShivrajG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 23:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

Sadly, the row between Australia and China is escalating.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/30/aust...tweet-say.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
We have made it to 30K plus in change petition and now we have received few enquiries from times and other media houses.
I have found a list of Indian origin Australian MPs/politicans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...igin#Australia

Contacting these guys might help? Most of them will have facebook pages or Twitter accounts. Just Google their names to find it.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 10:53   #37
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This is on today's Mumbai Mirror
Attached Thumbnails
My brother-in-law & other Indian sailors are stuck on anchorage in China! Update: Back HOME-img_20201213_105213.jpg  

v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 18:56   #38
BHPian

Thanks to all the TBHpians and friends who signed and spread the word, this news has received some traction. We were contacted by Mumbai mirror and other news agencies via Change team and after that we have received a good response.
The situation remains same and nobody in the government has even acknowledged the issue. We are still fighting for this cause and hope that our loved ones will be back soon.
ShivrajG is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 23:56   #39
Team-BHP Support

Statement by Ministry of External Affairs:

Quote:
"The government is in regular touch with the Chinese authorities to seek a resolution of these issues at the earliest and also to ensure that the humanitarian needs of the crew are taken care of," Srivastava said.

"The Chinese authorities have conveyed that on account of various COVID-19 related restrictions imposed by the local authorities, crew change is not being permitted from these ports," he said.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/79782361.cms
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 10:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

39 Indians are Stranded on Two ships in Chinese Waters.

Excerpts from article :
Quote:
External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said on Thursday that bulk cargo vessel, MV Jag Anand, has been on anchorage near Jingtang port in Hebei province of China since June 13 and it has 23 Indian nationals as crew.

Another vessel, MV Anastasia, with 16 Indian nationals as its crew, is on anchorage near Caofeidian port in China since September 20, waiting for discharge of its cargo, he said at a media briefing.

"Our Embassy is in touch with the Chinese authorities. The Chinese authorities have conveyed that on account of various COVID-19 related restrictions imposed by the local authorities, crew change is not being permitted from these ports," he said.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 09:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Below is the media briefing
see 1:06 to 3:04 for details

They have acknowledged the issue but are singing the Chinese tune, MEA is saying due to Covid related restrictions they are not allowing crew change.

Our question is if crew change is not possible in China why cant they allow the ship to leave, do the crew change in Philippines/Korea/Japan and come back for the wait.
China is bullying Australia by indirectly holding the ships captive and Indian Govt is a spectator while our people struggle.

We didn't expect such weak response from MEA.
ShivrajG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 08:30   #42
Team-BHP Support

A follow up in todays Hindu
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...?homepage=true
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 19:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

China says they are providing necessary aid to stuck Indian Sailors.
Source.

Excerpts.
Quote:
China on Wednesday said it was in touch with Indian authorities on the circumstances of the 23 Indian sailors stranded on a ship anchored off a northern Chinese port since June, but did not specify when they will be allowed to leave the vessel.

In a separate instance, at least 16 more Indian seafarers have not been allowed to leave their ship MV Anastasia, stranded off the Caofeidian port in the same province. Beijing has not allowed the 23 sailors to get off the vessel in the backdrop of an increasing number of imported Covid-19 cases in the country, putting the physical and mental health of the sailors at risk.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 16:57   #44
BHPian

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors...ry/426214.html

this was on news yesterday, The Government is also doing its bit. Directly or indirectly. Its a difficult phase for the family. Stay strong.
Marshall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 17:44   #45
BHPian

Came across this tweet just now, in a question raised by a journalist regarding stuck sailors Shipping minister says they will be back soon. Prayers with you and everyone's family, hope that all countrymen return soon. Here is the link.
https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1344245006685462530
itsmb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks