Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2020, 13:29   #1
BHPian

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?

Disclaimer :- I am in no way affiliated or associated to the Youtuber mentioned and am simply a hardcore fan

We all watch YouTube and it has quite a vibrant automotive community. From Vloggers to Hardcore Racing teams there is no dearth of entertainment.

The aim of this thread is to discover new channels and petrol-heads around the world while drooling at their cars in the process. You may mention any car from a humble Maruti 800 to a Bugatti Chiron. It doesn't necessarily have to be modified/ or be a project car. However do write in detail as to why you love that car in particular.
So here's my favourite car that a Youtuber owns -

Rob Dahm's AWD 4 Rotor Mazda RX-7

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-screenshot_20201122125032.png

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-screenshot_20201122124659.png

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-screenshot_20201122124600.png

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-screenshot_20201122114158.png

This is as I like to believe literally "The stuff of dreams". It's AWD , has a 4 rotor with a massive turbo attached to it (dishing out 1000hp when it's AWD and 1200hp when in RWD) and it's also a Mazda RX-7. What more do you need?

And if the specs weren't enough to blow your mind, this guy and his team has built the entire thing using the RX-7 body frame as a base. I'm talking the engine, chassis members, roll cage, the front and rear diffuser, the flat floor, fuel tanks and many other miscellaneous pieces. It's shod with 285/40 R18 at the front and a gigantic 320/35 R18 at the rear. He was inspired by Hoonigan Racing's Hoonicorn and there's an interesting story behind that too. He wanted to procure some parts from the Hoonicorn for his build, however the suppliers refused to sell it to him as he wasn't affiliated with Hoonigan Racing. So he called up and pretended to be a team member of Hoonigan and got the parts he wanted. I don't know if anything can beat that in terms of sheer humor and creativity

The car isn't finished yet and is still being built on his YouTube channel. And there's also talks of him racing it on a quarter mile with another car soon.

As a bonus I'd like to attach a video of his AWD burnout at the Hoonigan Burn Yard :-

I request members to keep the thread going!
superguy282 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 17:18   #2
BHPian

re: Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?

That's a great thread idea!!

Although I don't have a personal favourite per se, my favourite car collection of a YouTuber would definitely be Shmee150. His collection is not just about exclusivity but the performance one can get at different price range.

Here's the list-https://shmee150.com/shmeemobiles-overview/

Apart from that if I had to pin point to one car, it'd be Jay Leno's McLaren F1.
Abhi5868 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:03   #3
BHPian

Don't see Indian Youtubers mentioned here.
I really like M Salim Khan's Polo (MSK). It's quite wacky and will grab your attention on the road.

I also like Geekyranjiths car collection. The favourite one being the 330i. Seen it around Hyderabad a couple of times.
Attached Thumbnails
Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-screenshot_20201122180039806_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg  

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-screenshot_20201122175919688_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg  

Sreesh1009 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi5868 View Post
That's a great thread idea!!

Although I don't have a personal favourite per se, my favourite car collection of a YouTuber would definitely be Shmee150. His collection is not just about exclusivity but the performance one can get at different price range.

Apart from that if I had to pin point to one car, it'd be Jay Leno's McLaren F1.
I completely agree. Schmee150's collection is truly very unique. And even though Jay Leno has quite a exhaustive collection as well you sure can't go wrong with a F1! It is truly a masterpiece of art and engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Don't see Indian Youtubers mentioned here.
I really like M Salim Khan's Polo (MSK). It's quite wacky and will grab your attention on the road.

I also like Geekyranjiths car collection. The favourite one being the 330i. Seen it around Hyderabad a couple of times.
Can't go wrong with either of those cars!
superguy282 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:35   #5
BHPian

Great idea for a thread.
I am a bit biased towards unmodified, daily driver cars, just like the YouTuber I will mention shortly. In his trademark style, "THISSS (pause) is Doug DeMuro's Range Rover!"
Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-range-rover.jpg
This was his daily driver for quite sometime till a few years back. More than the car, I was glued to the entire ownership experience. I was new into the idea of owning a used car back then and wanted to understand maintenance of used luxury cars that seemed a bargain buy to me back then.
It was actually his videos regarding the 'CarMax bumper-to-bumper warranty' of this Range Rover that brought me to his channel. He still owns the car but is not daily driving it. This was replaced a few years back by a Mercedes AMG E63 Wagon which got replaced early this year with a Kia Stinger GT, which was again replaced by the new Defender 110, which is surprising as he already owns the older Defender (in North American spec as he proudly says). He also owns a Ford GT. Some of the prominent cars that I can recall him owning previously are a Ferrari 360, an R32 GTR, a Dodge Viper, a Nissan Cube, a Hummer H1, a Cadillac CTS station wagon and a Nissan S-Cargo. I find the entire list funny and amusing.

Posting a few pics of his current cars, sourced from his accounts and sites.
Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-gt.jpg

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-new-defender1.jpg

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-amg.png

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-defender.jpg

A close second to Doug's Range Rover (and from the opposite end of the reliability spectrum) will be Scotty Kilmer's 94 Celica that he owns. He had bought it used for peanuts and as a 26 year old car run over 2 lac miles, it has been more reliable than many newer cars which he features on his channels.
Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-celica.jpg

Last edited by Researcher : 22nd November 2020 at 21:01.
Researcher is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 21:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Great idea for a thread.
I am a bit biased towards unmodified, daily driver cars, just like the YouTuber I will mention shortly. In his trademark style, "THISSS (pause) is Doug DeMuro's Range Rover!"
---------------------------
He had bought it used for peanuts and as a 26 year old car run over 2 lac miles, it has been more reliable than many newer cars which he features on his channels.
I had seen this channel popping up here there in my recommended quite a lot of times and Now that I've read this I'm definitely going to subscribe! His collection has to be the quirkiest I've seen!
Old 24th November 2020, 07:00   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?

Sweet thread idea! Going to our homepage today .

Jay Leno is now officially a YouTuber (link to channel) and his garage is my favourite. Heck, here's a guy who has owned a Carrera GT for almost 2 decades!

The man has lots of money, but he has more taste:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
In his trademark style, "THISSS (pause) is Doug DeMuro's Range Rover!"
Nice to see another Doug fan in here.

Another Indian entry worth a mention is Rohan Albal from PowerDrift. Very talented & two sweet cars:
Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-1.jpg

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-2.jpg
Source
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 07:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sweet thread idea! Going to our homepage today .

Jay Leno is now officially a YouTuber and his garage is my favourite. Heck, here's a guy who has owned a Carrera GT for almost 2 decades!
-------------------------
Another Indian entry worth a mention is Rohan Albal from PowerDrift. Very talented & two sweet cars
Thanks a lot GTO, It's an honour! While Jay Leno has one of the best collections in the world, it's the (comparatively) humble Evo that has caught my fancy! That colour combined with hood looks like something straight out of NFS
superguy282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:17   #9
BHPian

Producermichael, for his awesome cars, houses and jewellery. Though I like his watch collection the most. I think he might have spent millions on just watches alone.
anish5225 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:34   #10
BHPian

Let's not forget Chrisfix and his Hummer H1 as well as Mustang.

Sreesh1009 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

For me, Shmee 150's Senna is to die for! Not only that, I love his entire collection (675LT, Senna, SLS Black, AMG GTR Pro/Roadster, Aston Martin Vantage GT8, Ferrari GTC4 Lusso,
G63 AMG, Ford Focus RS). It's a very diverse and unique collection of cars which is simply too hard to ignore.

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-shmee150cc.jpg

Source

We also have Horsepower Cartel's Twin-Turbo Nissan 300ZX & Wald Design S-Class from India which are great too!

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-walds.jpg
Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-horsepowercartel.jpg

Source
akash_v12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 09:15   #12
BHPian

Great collections, I love all cars of Goonzquad collection, my most favorite car of theirs is the Mustang GT, just listen to the engine and exhaust sound.

Also their 700+ BHP Jeep Trackhawk, it sounds like a beast.

WhiteSierra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 09:39   #13
BHPian

My favourite youtuber's car collection has to be of Sam from seenthroughglass. This is because his collection never has the newest shiniest car on the block ,it's always something which was special in its prime time and now is kind of forgotten. BTW this guy did a series on his channel known as the Drive the world where he went around the world in his Porsche 911 carerra T.

Name:  Screenshot_202011240918312.png
Views: 6988
Size:  951.2 KB

This is his recently acquired BMW X3 M40i as a workhorse and a daily driver.

Name:  Screenshot_202011240917422.png
Views: 6957
Size:  806.5 KB

His jewel of the collection the Manual Ferrari 360 along with his project car the abarth 595 Biposto and the 911 40Jahre.

If I had to pinpoint to a single car it might be MrJWW's Ferrari F12 TDF

Last edited by aansh singhania : 24th November 2020 at 09:41. Reason: Added some words
aansh singhania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 09:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
Producermichael, for his awesome cars, houses and jewellery. Though I like his watch collection the most. I think he might have spent millions on just watches alone.
Wow he has quite an extensive collection of watches! His Ferrari 488 Spider has me drooling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Let's not forget Chrisfix and his Hummer H1 as well as Mustang.
https://Youtu.be/UckZ5xF1O3s
https://Youtu.be/LfR4QfmwTAc
The DIY god of YouTube. He transformed the Mustang from a car that couldn't even start to an absolutely terrific drift build! And any Hummer H1 is a special IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
For me, Shmee 150's Senna is to die for! Not only that, I love his entire collection (675LT, Senna, SLS Black, AMG GTR Pro/Roadster, Aston Martin Vantage GT8, Ferrari GTC4 Lusso,
G63 AMG, Ford Focus RS). It's a very diverse and unique collection of cars which is simply too hard to ignore.
Source
We also have Horsepower Cartel's Twin-Turbo Nissan 300ZX & Wald Design S-Class from India which are great too!
Source
I'm pleasantly surprised to see twin turbo builds in India! I had no idea that something like that was even possible in India and have instantly subscribed!
Old 24th November 2020, 10:12   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I really like Yianni Charalambous the Celebrity Car wrapper and YouTuber!

He owns some fantastic cars and is a thorough Lamborghini fan! He has the Aventador S, Urus and recently added the Porsche Taycan to his collection! His company Yiannimize recently wrapped a Bugatti Chiron in chrome blue and it looks sweet.

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-94e6ad35d3834d5ab81ba00b7872d0b1.jpeg

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-4aaa04ab5d4245b481f707d44b404790.jpeg

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-ee2b52bab27640158f3ad29d411d3ca4.jpeg

Which YouTuber's car is your favourite?-d46f9f6a908b49e9b73804aa7f3148c0.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 24th November 2020 at 10:15.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks