Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2014, 15:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian Super League - Hit or Miss?

The ISL should be a hit, since it is on for 60 days it has ample time to get its TRP ratings up. However, the quality of football I saw in the first 2 matches is notches ahead of what we usually see in India. I just wish we had football only stadiums and not play in a common stadium, feel the crowds are far far away from the players.

Anyhow I am supporting Northeast United FC, being from that region plus them having a balanced team.
Old 29th October 2014, 20:44   #17
BHPian

I was there in the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Chennai on 28.10.2014 when Chennai thrashed Mumbai 5-1. Chennai had the game well under control., and the noise was deafening. What a feeling !

The Indian Super League (ISL) Thread-h.jpg

The Indian Super League (ISL) Thread-d.jpg
Old 30th October 2014, 10:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Anyhow I am supporting Northeast United FC, being from that region plus them having a balanced team.
Chennai, Kolkata and NE have been the most interesting teams that I've watched. Yet to see Delhi Dynamos in action

The Chennai Vs Kerala match is the best action so far. Hume of Kerala is quite a treat to watch

Coming to the names of the names of the teams, Dynamos, Blasters etc are cringe inducing. I liked the simpler names, particularly Chennayin FC (thankfully it was not 'super' FC as is generally the case with anything that comes from this part!!)

@Ddrive : Lucky you!!
Old 30th October 2014, 10:52   #19
BHPian

Watched the games on television, very commendable start and matches are also very interesting. Great to see ex internationals and winners such as Joan Capdevilla, David James sharing the space with our boys from India.

Rooting for NorthEast United, always have had a soft spot for our friends from that region
Old 30th October 2014, 10:59   #20
BHPian

Thanks Mallumowgli. I was lucky to be there in the ground for the Kerala Blasters vs Chennai match also. It was a bit tough for the hosts that day, but they won it anyway. It was nice watching that scissor kick goal by Mendy happening live so closely. Yes I was sitting there that side behind that goal post.
Old 31st October 2014, 12:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to watch a match in Goa. Is it worth going for the most expensive (Rs 2500) tickets? I see that these seats give a full side view of the pitch, but I feel they will be too far. Would it make more sense to go for Rs. 300 tickets?

Also, I tried searching for FC Goa merchandise. Nothing is available online or in Adidas retail outlets. Someone said that it is sold in the ground. Is it so?
Old 31st October 2014, 12:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I am planning to watch a match in Goa. Is it worth going for the most expensive (Rs 2500) tickets? I see that these seats give a full side view of the pitch, but I feel they will be too far. Would it make more sense to go for Rs. 300 tickets?

Also, I tried searching for FC Goa merchandise. Nothing is available online or in Adidas retail outlets. Someone said that it is sold in the ground. Is it so?
Personally, I've watched cricket matches through both VIP tickets as well as spartan tickets and never had lesser fun with any of them. The energy of thousands of people when it hits you is all that matters.

Get the 300 bucks tickets, and save the rest for a nice movie and a dinner. And just make sure you go a little early to get seats that offer good view.

@DDrive, been to Chennai Nehru stadium so many times during my school days, but never could look at it through beauty perspective. The stadium looks beautiful in the pics.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 31st October 2014 at 12:39.
Old 13th November 2014, 10:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Some good news - ISL becomes one of the best attended leagues

http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-super-...om=home-sports

Just hope that there are no more drab matches like the Mumbai Vs Kerala yesterday. The crowd in Kochi was just wonderful - but the team let down the supporters badly.
Old 12th October 2020, 14:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

This years ISL will be without spectators. I'm planning to watch all the matches on TV. Even though I live next to the home ground of FC Goa, I won't be able to go in. Hoping FC Goa manages to lift the cup this time.
Old 29th November 2020, 17:37   #25
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Indian Super League (ISL) Thread

This thread shall be one that's dedicated to India's top tier football league, the Indian Super League (ISL).

This season (2020-2021) has seen the ISL grow to 11 teams. The very famous Kolkata derby between Mohun Bagan & East Bengal has now shifted to the ISL from the I-League. After ATK's merger with Mohun Bagan, and the inclusion of East Bengal, the ISL will witness the fierce rivalry between ATK Mohun Bagan & SC East Bengal being played out at least twice every season.

Thanks to the pandemic, this season's ISL (like all other sports tournaments) will be played behind closed doors, in a bio-secure bubble encompassing three stadia all located in the small State of Goa - Nehru Stadium in Fatorda, GMC Athletic Stadium in Bambolim and Tilak Maidan in Vasco.

Football fans and fanatics from all over India, especially from Kolkata & West Bengal, Kerala, Goa and the North-East, please contribute to this thread and keep the discussion going!

----------------------------

@ Mods - sorry, just found out that a thread already exists here (Indian Super League - Hit or Miss?). Please merge my post, thanks!

Last edited by RSR : 29th November 2020 at 18:03.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 10:28   #26
BHPian

Re: The Indian Super League (ISL) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Football fans and fanatics from all over India, especially from Kolkata & West Bengal, Kerala, Goa and the North-East, please contribute to this thread and keep the discussion going!
Good to see this thread. ISL for sure has contributed to recent improvements of Indian national team, but still a long way to go.

Coming to this years ISL, its great to see both Mohun Bagan and East Bengal in the top division. Only thing missing is the delirious fans in the stadiums. But that will come once this difficult situation pass. Merger with ATK has been a good thing for both the parties. Mohun Bagan got the entry to ISL and ATK is now part of the more than 100 year old legacy.

Early stages show ATK MB to be the top dog. The stability with management and players are paying dividends I believe. While it is the opposite for my favorite side Kerala Blasters. Every season chopping and changing management and players and no stability. Hopefully Kibu can sort things out soon results can come their way.

One Indian player who caught my eye is Liston Colaco from Hyderabad FC. Very fast attacking player with good dribbling skills. Whenever he runs with the ball, defenders are struggling to keep up with him. Hope he turns out to be a good one for India.
ask_017 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks