Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2007, 20:28   #16
BHPian

Well in our country everything can be twisted according to your needs.
People should not have been sleeping there in the first instance. Their family ones would have been paid handsomely by now.
He did not do it intentionally. The accident would have made many people richer.
He should have been given a tougher sentence but the people responsible for pavement dwellers should also be accountable.
But in the end Who cares?
We only care if it happens to us!
Old 15th April 2007, 21:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
Well,

All said and done.. Whether the guy was drunk or not.. Whether it was rash driving or not.. The whole point is.. Why are people sleeping on the footpath in the first place... The whole system is wrong.. The govt. shud ensure that there is no one sleeping/dwelling on the pavement in the first place... Lets consider a fact that if one of us in our senses wud have lost control of the vehicle for some reason and the same thing wud have happened.. Then??? If there were no people only the car wud have been damaged after hitting the boundary wall of the building and nothing wud have happened.. There are so many accidents that happen regularly.. People going on footpaths, into poles.., Into walls of building.. U never come to know of these things.. Just that the factor absent in these cases are the people.. So I wud not blame the guy for killing.. For bad driving maybe coz we really dont know the truth..

Can give u my example which happened in 1993.. I was driving a 118 NE early in the morning and wanted to go swimming with a friend.. So i go to his place by 6.30 to pick him up but he decides not to come as he wasnt feeling too well. Well i am in no mood to go alone and to decide to head back home.. It was raining heavily that day and on one turn a nail decides to puncture my tyre and at that time NE's came with PLY tires.. The cars starts to pull to the left and i go slidding against the wall till i hit a tree head on.. Now tell me.. In this scenario if people were there, the case wud be the same.. Was it my mistake.. rash driving.. Drunk driving ???

Why base ur judgement on something that is media fabricated...

Cheerssss
Well said EVO6. Accidents like this happen in all countries in the west. But people on the pavement usually do not die because the pavement is meant for walking, not sleeping. Accidents can happen to anyone, you never know when or how. But you'll have slightly better chances of surviving if you were walking on the pavement rather than sleeping on it. The Municipality should strictly disallow such incidents.
Old 17th April 2007, 07:22   #18
SuperSyn

People sleep on the pavement because they are too poor to afford an apartment/house. They cannot even afford to get a shanty in slum which usually are overflowing and have their own 'power' strucutures.

Most of the these people have migrated from smaller towns /villages, because the situation in villages is even worse.

Old 17th April 2007, 10:03   #19
BHPian

The government should take some initiative to redwell them rather to make them sleep on the pavements.U cant blame the driver alone for the kill in this case..After all as somebody said..In india Any murder can be turned into accident if ur wallet is overflowing..
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hit-and-run case: HC pulls up Mumbai Police

Here's an update:

Hit-and-run case: HC pulls up Mumbai Police-India-The Times of India
Old 7th September 2007, 11:47   #21
Team-BHP Support

Time to update this again.

Alister has now been sentenced to 3 years in prison. This should have a direct effect on the Salman Khan case, so it will be really interesting to see what happens in that. Will public sympathy and biased media coverage save Salman?
Old 7th September 2007, 11:56   #22
Team-BHP Support

Salman Khan...I remember Nafisa Ali in a TV interview saying something like..
It was not his fault, what could Salman do, He was drunk at that time..

oh yeah, what could he do.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
People sleep on the pavement because they are too poor to afford an apartment/house. They cannot even afford to get a shanty in slum which usually are overflowing and have their own 'power' strucutures.

Most of the these people have migrated from smaller towns /villages, because the situation in villages is even worse.

IMHO that's no excuse to come down here and populate the city. If they were facing poverty back there, they're facing the same thing here too. The only difference they're making is causing inconvenience to others. These people just think that cities like Mumbai, delhi etc are places to make easy money, nothing else. I completely agree with EVO on this.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Well said EVO6. Accidents like this happen in all countries in the west. But people on the pavement usually do not die because the pavement is meant for walking, not sleeping. Accidents can happen to anyone, you never know when or how. But you'll have slightly better chances of surviving if you were walking on the pavement rather than sleeping on it. The Municipality should strictly disallow such incidents.

I have seen people sleeping on pavements even in western countries. During my visit to Toronto.. I have seen people sleeping on pavements near Union Station right on Young Street . I have also seen people sleeping on pavements during my visit to NY.

Poverty is every where. Just that in India, we have more poverty.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
This should have a direct effect on the Salman Khan case, so it will be really interesting to see what happens in that. Will public sympathy and biased media coverage save Salman?
You mean a la sanjay dutt. Maybe Salman also has to ride horses & visit shrines to rid himself of this sin before he can convince the judge.
Old 7th September 2007, 22:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
IMHO that's no excuse to come down here and populate the city. If they were facing poverty back there, they're facing the same thing here too. The only difference they're making is causing inconvenience to others. These people just think that cities like Mumbai, delhi etc are places to make easy money, nothing else. I completely agree with EVO on this.
Yeah, they should just live in their own villages and starve to death rather than come to a big city and cause inconvenience to us. Poor filthy looking people are an ugly site in front of beautiful roads and glass and steel buildings.
Old 8th September 2007, 00:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Yeah, they should just live in their own villages and starve to death rather than come to a big city and cause inconvenience to us. Poor filthy looking people are an ugly site in front of beautiful roads and glass and steel buildings.
Hmm! your views are interesting indeed!

Have you heard of the famous person in history whose first name was Adolf ? By the way you should watch the movie " this is england ".
Old 8th September 2007, 00:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Hmm! your views are interesting indeed!

Have you heard of the famous person in history whose first name was Adolf ? By the way you should watch the movie " this is england ".

I think you did not understand mayavi's tone. that is why he is a mayavi.
Old 8th September 2007, 00:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Kill 7 and get 3 years ! shame !

I am gonna jot down some peoples name I hate and then gonna do the same. The hist list will contain mostly politicians
Old 8th September 2007, 00:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Kill 7 and get 3 years ! shame !

I am gonna jot down some peoples name I hate and then gonna do the same. The hist list will contain mostly politicians
You will never see daylight after that unless you are sanjay khan, sorry dutt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks