Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 17:29   #16
BHPian

re: Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2021

1) Had planned 5000 kms per year on the odometer and Corona has put brakes on that target. If things turn normal, to go on more road-trips to meet the targets.

2) Return to cleaning and polishing regime. Had been neglecting polishing of the car for few months and doing just washing.

3) Interested in few accessories such as TPMS. May go in for it.

4) Drive safely and not lose temper due to other motorist actions.
Old 1st January 2021, 21:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2021

- Ignore others, use the stereo more often. Nice to see quite a lot of BHPians have staying calm in their resolutions
- Black RR310 / Silver Altroz Turbo / both ? depends on the next job/city I end up and how the finances pan out.
- Dedicate a TBHP time-slot rather than sporadically throughout the day

Wishing Everyone Better Machines and Experiences.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 02:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

1. Had plans to preclose my car loan in 2021 April(took it in 2019 April), which I already did in Nov 2020 itself. So that’s 1 down

2. Need to change my 13 year old RTR160 before it turns 14 by last quarter of 2020. The sensible me likes the xpulse for its super value proposition but heart loves the GS310 rally edition. Only restricting factor is lack of use-case. Current bike sees barely 200kms running per month in local errands.

3. Some road trips. Had my last 500kms+ road trip in 2019 and thanks to the pandemic, 2020 saw just 2500kms added to odo out of which March-December has seen only 700kms running

Last edited by SoumenD : 2nd January 2021 at 02:48.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 08:45   #19
Team-BHP Support

No special plans for 2021 per se but this year will see the fruition of some plans that kick started in 2020 really.

1. Interceptor based custom cafe racer.

I am in the process of building out a custom cafe racer based on a sparingly used RE Interceptor 650. Hope to have that on the road in early 2021. Part of early 2021 will be spent making final improvements and touches once the basic bike is on the road. Stuff like the final paint scheme on tank etc will be the focus as soon as the bike is mechanically completed and on the road.

2. A new scooter

Apart from the 650 above, I have finally (almost) decided to get ourselves a scooter for local running about in the Sewri / Parel area or maybe little beyond too like Lower Parel. I have realised that there is a certain local area commuting in Mumbai that is best served with a basic scooter only. My wife is going to refresh her scooter skills with some riding classes in mid Jan. The final purchase will be green lighted by her though based on her experience from her riding classes. She is excited about this though and we already got her 2 wheeler learner license in place.

3. Folding bicycle

The plans are afoot to get myself a folding bicycle which will permanently be in my car. I plan to use this judiciously within my local area (the scooter is really for my wife and any miles that are working my riding legs will be worth it for me). If I must use horsepower, I will have access to my 650 Interceptor or the scooter.

I will see how this plays out but on the worst traffic days (once regular office resumes) I can imagine myself using this to go to work as well. Also, with the bike in my car, it can be handy local commuting once you drive from point A to point B in the car. I love cycling on holidays and its not always possible or desirable to take my road bike. Any driving holidays now will always see this bike join me so I can go for some early morning rides alone. Basically the possibilities of use are endless and I am really looking forward to it.

4. A second car?

Our i10 is in Pune a lot with my mum dividing her time between Mumbai and Pune (its basically her car). Which leaves us with only our October 2015 3 GT in the house. I am waiting for the car to complete about 6 - 6.5 years but sometime end 2021 (which could spill into early 2022, not sure) I will consider supplementing it with a second new car. The car needs to be city friendly, rough use capable but also big enough to be able to do long road trips if for any reason I do not want to take the GT. Currently, the options playing in my mind are Creta D (AT); Harrier D (AT); New XUV D (AT) with remote outlier options being Thar and 2021 V-Cross in AT format. (Obviously some of these options don’t meet the above requirements at all or as well / will come with heavy compromises for some of the above objectives). But this is mostly up in the air for now.

5. Some good quality road trips on the Tiger as well as the GT

This is kick starting early Jan itself. I will be going for Triumph’s Thar Tiger Trails with Vijay Parmar (Team XplorEarth) from 10th - 15th January. This is really quite an experience and I am really looking forward to it.

I do want to plan more 2 - 3 day road trips this year whenever my schedule permits. Hope that works out.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

1. Contemplate/buy a car here in Singapore. It is ridiculously expensive to buy a car here, but considering that petrol powered cars could see become a thing of past, maybe look for a cheerful used number.
  2. Go on at least two road trips if possible, preferably one of that in the US.
  3. And plan more road trips.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:26   #21
BHPian

- Minimise use of car in general
- Teach spouse driving
- Setup 4kW solar panel at home and replace one of my car with electric (in two years)
- Give up aggressive driving style
Thilak29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:41   #22
BHPian

Since I turned 18 during 2020, here are my resolutions:
1. Learn how to drive and get my license asap
2. Try and increase my riding (bicycle) time from 15km in an hour to 20 kms
3. Take long rides (bicycle again) on weekend mornings more often.
4. Become a confident driver.
5. Take more road trips (this will hopefully happen after board exams and getting my DL)
6. Sell both the cars and get two fantabulous ones (wishful thinking at play)

That's all for now
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Mine is a simple list:
1. Dad's car needs lot of work, need to restore it to factory condition.
2. Need to sell of my 11 year old bike, don't need it as I have a nice scooter and a Duke.
3. Few road trips with family and friends.
4. Grind hard at work, hopefully will be able to save for something nice, like an weekend toy.
5. Maintain the habit of not overspending for my rides.
6. Pray for Ford to not exit India
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:43   #24
BHPian

1. Get interior and exterior detailing for my Polo GT - been 2 years including 9 months of stopping daily cleaning
2. Resolve the rear brake noise issue - it is not even consistent
3. Get seat covers - just something to make the car feel new like
4. Drive more - lucky to do Mumbai-Gurgaon return trip in lockdown
5. Make my father comfortable with driving automatic Scross - he hasn't driven it more than 10 km and it has been a week since the new purchase
Old 5th January 2021, 10:45   #25

Here are my plans for 2021 and very excited to put them here.

1] Buying a new Car!! Booking it this month - XUV3OO W8 OPT AMT.

2] Lots of driving!!. Go on lots of road trips with safe and responsible driving.

3] When not in Car hop on to the Cycle and get some kms on it.

4] When not on cycle start running marathons again.!
Old 5th January 2021, 10:47   #26
BHPian

Mine is simple. Do not spend on performance remaps (at least during the first year of ownership), rather I'd upgrade the stock tyres and discs/brakes!
Old 5th January 2021, 10:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

- My overarching goal is to bring down my spend on our 3 cars & my motorcycle.
- I plan to move away from Toyota ASS and test quality local garages for servicing our cars, while ordering genuine Toyota parts online.
- I also plan to learn and to start working on my cars, starting with the Etios.
- Given I WFH, and live in a very accessible part of the city, I aim to altogether stop using cars within city for my own personal use.
Old 5th January 2021, 10:57   #28
BHPian

My resolutions -
1. Figure out the replacement for my XUV500 (2016) as its warranty is getting over - Endeavour/Fortuner Legender/new XUV500
2. Solve my puzzle of which superbike and purchase one (Versys 1000/Ninja 1000/Tiger 900)
3. Convince my younger brother on the benefits of used cars. He is planning to upgrade from his Grand i10, and is considering Brezza or others within 12L. I suggest him to explore the used territory and the discussion keeps on going
4. More interstate trips
5. Be less reactive on roads
Old 5th January 2021, 11:04   #29
BHPian

Make all 3 rear passengers wear seatbelts without any compromise!
kamilharis is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:05   #30
BHPian

A road trip to the north-east (Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal) has been in the works for about 3 years now. Had planned for it in the beginning of 2020 as well, but alas! Plan to do it this year.
anshu1101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks