Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 12:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

The footage of the destruction was pretty bad. If these idiots wanted to ransack the office why did they start hammering and crashing the cars outside? Did they think it was their grandfather's cars that they were crashing? This country is going from worse to worst to worstest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Also the Richard Gere and shilp kiss onstage has raked up an issue .. forces saying that Indian culture is one where women are respected and Shilpa giggling while getting kissed oin the cheek showed that she didnt mind being kissed and infact encouraged Gere to kiss longer
Oh they mean the Indian culture that makes men hide on terraces or buildings and throw water ballons on women aimed at the chests and butts during holi? The whole issue is silly. It was obvious from the video's that Shilpa herself was surprised and slightly uncomfortable when Gere decided to kiss her. And what do they have to say about Indian culture where a cancer stricken 16 year old is raped?

It's high time the Shiv Sena and their ilk take up real issues like power crisis, creaking infrastructure, corruption, soaring crime, economy and more jobs. And protesting and ransacking MSEB offices and demanding reservations for jobs is not the solution.

PS: The way the Shilpa-Gere report was presented, Aaj Tak should be banned. And those two bearded morons that present the 10pm news should be flogged in full public view. Ironically, Aaj Tak gets the best news channel award year after year!
Old 17th April 2007, 12:52   #17
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
And those two bearded morons that present the 10pm news should be flogged in full public view. Ironically, Aaj Tak gets the best news channel award year after year!
We are the minority in this country!.... most have brains which can not think straight.
Old 17th April 2007, 14:26   #18
Max
BHPian

Very nice. I don't like star news drama / thriller channel. However I believe people responsible should be arrested and persecuted because they are equally idiots just like star news freaks.
Old 18th April 2007, 10:41   #19
BHPian

Hey Guys i guess things have been eased down in terms of cars, seen a couple of cars lined up at the garage near mahalaxmi for change of windsheilds and other repairs. Not much news happening about it on the TV also.

The damaged cars have a print out stuck on them Saying "STAR INDIA PVT LTD", probably for the insurance thingy, cars have been moved out of the premises for their respective repairs.

MODS: I guess we can close this thread now??
Old 20th April 2007, 06:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post

Also the Richard Gere and shilp kiss onstage has raked up an issue .. forces saying that Indian culture is one where women are respected and Shilpa giggling while getting kissed oin the cheek showed that she didnt mind being kissed and infact encouraged Gere to kiss longer . I wonder where these forces are when women get bashed/killed/maimed for dowry or when they get raped - hjow come we don't see them doing anything about that .

people are jobless man, they have nothing else to do...same with politicians
Old 21st April 2007, 17:03   #21
BHPian

I think the most sensible Hindi News Channel would be NDTV...!

Most preferred English New Channel is Times Now..!
Old 24th April 2007, 11:29   #22
Max
BHPian

yeah, times now is only descent news channel left in India, all other channels are like entertainment channels.

Most Viewed