Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 09:34   #1
BHPian

30+ dead at Virginia tech shootoout

this is just fing ridiculous, switched on cnn last night and saw this
Witness survives by pretending to be dead - CNN.com
Old 17th April 2007, 10:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are extremely irrationally angry, for any moronic personal/social reasons, and have stones in your hands, you'll throw them at something. Too many guns around, too horrible. Others who have nothing to do with your reasons pay just because the gun needs to find a bloody target. Just too horrible.

I hope gun control kicks in fiercely now - that'll add some meaning to this mindless sh*t - however cold that might sound.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Really shocking news... and after all this anyone can still buy the guns off the shelf in the US.. they should have a law against selling these

Godfather
Old 17th April 2007, 10:21   #4
BHPian

like someone in one thread at another fourm said " This is enough reason to legalize weed, no one goes on a shooting rampange when they are baked !!!!"
Old 17th April 2007, 12:19   #5
BHPian

It was then that I carried you...
Coming out. I am not the shooter. Through this experience, I have received numerous death threats, slanderous accusations, and my phone is out of charge from the barrage of calls. Local police have been notified of the situation.

My original intention was to wait until I got AdSense on my site and donating all the proceeds to Charity. However, this situation has now spiraled out of control. I am now confirming that I am not the shooter. I will be available for interview by a news agency to clear my name, talk about the experience, and give my opinion on how the situation could have turned out better if other students were allowed to be armed. I will speak with individuals who are interested in donating to charities resulting from today's events. Please e-mail all correspondence to null@vt.edu
Old 17th April 2007, 12:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

An Asian student who was part of Virginia tech wrote that. He had pictures of himself with a couple of rifles on his facebook account and someone found it and started spreading a rumour that he is the shooter. Poor guy has been getting death threats ever since.

Last edited by khanak : 17th April 2007 at 12:25.
Old 17th April 2007, 12:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
An Asian student who was part of Virginia tech wrote that. He had pictures of himself with a couple of rifles on his facebook account and someone found it and started spreading a rumour that he is the shooter. Poor guy has been getting death threats ever since.
here is his facebook account

Facebook | Wayne Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Chiang's Photos
Old 17th April 2007, 19:27   #8
BHPian

sorry to inform you godfather, just about anyone can't buy guns in us, there is a background check, this guy passed it few years ago, also remember it's not the gun that kills people, it's the guy behind the gun, an Indian kid did the same thing few months ago in Canada
Old 17th April 2007, 19:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer
an Indian kid did the same thing few months ago in Canada
Cheap_deal, is that U??
Old 17th April 2007, 19:50   #10
BHPian

nitrous man haha funny, but it was some guy name kanveer gill
Old 17th April 2007, 20:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer View Post
an Indian kid did the same thing few months ago in Canada
no no that was not me, though the shooting was in montreal, it was a CBCD of north indian origin and that fool killed just one student inspite of the fact he had a pistol and a machine gun.

the virginia tech shooting was really horrible, 32-33 people killled by one South Korean dude, he was insane!!!!!
Old 17th April 2007, 20:04   #12
BHPian

What is the meaning of using a vague term like "Asian"?
Old 17th April 2007, 20:21   #13
BHPian

well Asian covers china,japan,Korea and other countries nearby, but not Indians, i heard something on TV today that mad me mad as hell, there were few TV guys from china and they were happy to learn that at least the shooter was not from china
Old 17th April 2007, 20:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well the 2nd amendment in the US states that the people have a right to keep and bear arms. Meaning that its a fundamental right there.

I'm in no way condoning what happened there. Just that one has to understand how the gun culture in the US came to be.

However what has happened now is because of all the arms manufacturers, dealers etc dumping them in the US, there are so many illegal guns floating around. Uzi's, m-16, sniper rifles are all available illegally in the US. They did try to do something about the arms problem by coming up with background checks, but it has been woefully inadequate.

I'm waiting for the National Rifle Association (NRA) to come out and say that if teachers and students had been armed this could have been prevented. They made a similar statement some years back when there was a serial killing.
Old 17th April 2007, 20:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

an indian professor loganathan, also died in this attack according to this news. sick guys, dont have better things to do, live under the illusion they are forward communities, so much so that they are so forward that they do crap things like this.

i personally decided never to settle down anywhere other than in my own india, and i m sticking by that till now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks