Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2004, 22:36   #1
BANNED

i have short listed a yellow 2000 dec. lancer sfxi. the car is coming for under 3.99 laks. i was wondering if it is a good deal. i still have to drive the car am going to do it tommo. i wanted to know if sfxi came with stereo and leather seats. cuz on this i did not see any of this. does not matter to me as well. the kms done is 28064 which is ok i guess. car looks very nice from outside though not a fan of yellow but hey what the heck. if clean should i go ahead and buy it or price too high. did get a hint might leave the car for 3.75 which i think is a good good deal for sfxi. wht sorta mileage does lancer give neways. i need to know this since im gonna pay for fuel, if it aint that gr8 that i havta drive it on sat. & sun.
Old 30th September 2004, 22:36   #2
BANNED

hope to get good response early as possible plz. also the car has a VIP reg which is cool
Old 30th September 2004, 22:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

3.7K-3.8L is a damn good deal for the SFXi.
It does come with leather seats,magwheels and a system(headunit and speaker).
FE is about 9-10 in city and 14-15 on highway.

A word of caution,yellow does`nt have a good resale.So if ur not bothered bout that go for it.

X
Old 30th September 2004, 23:06   #4
BANNED

well i know yellow is not the best colour. but its the price that is attracting me the most. i do not think it has leather seats though kinda weird . but it was way too clean. i want to paint it purple passion of palio NV
Old 1st October 2004, 00:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is no doubt attractive.But do get the car checked throughly.I smell sumthin fishy!!
X
Old 1st October 2004, 01:22   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope, the SFXi never came with leather seats as standard. The model that had the leather seats is the SLXi.

The SFXi was always the sportier looking one with a full body kit, sporty pedals, different steering wheel and so on. Even though the Lancer never had a reputation for one, it is as fuel-efficient as a Honda City. Almost.

28000 is nothing for a Lancer...if its original. For a 4 year old car, 7000kms average...that seems a little less. But either ways, please insist on a fully documented history.

GTO
Old 1st October 2004, 03:14   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 30 2004,23:16)]The pricing is no doubt attractive.But do get the car checked throughly.I smell sumthin fishy!!
X
i know its attractive thats what is on my mind for now. dunno what fishy. will know when i test drive it tommo. or day after. lets see then.
Old 1st October 2004, 03:17   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 30 2004,23:52)]Nope, the SFXi never came with leather seats as standard. The model that had the leather seats is the SLXi.

The SFXi was always the sportier looking one with a full body kit, sporty pedals, different steering wheel and so on. Even though the Lancer never had a reputation for one, it is as fuel-efficient as a Honda City. Almost.

28000 is nothing for a Lancer...if its original. For a 4 year old car, 7000kms average...that seems a little less. But either ways, please insist on a fully documented history.

GTO
thts cool if u say it dint come with l. seats. they dont matter much since it gets sticky so all cool. all others are there . GTO wht sorta mileage should i expect from lancer neways since i dont have a city or vtec to buy at this point. 28000 is cool i guess as well. can only update when i get full details as well. so will keep in touch. i do have a garage as well so i dunno im very confused as of what to do now.
Old 1st October 2004, 03:23   #9
BHPian

dont expect much I think..city use to give much better mileage than the lancer..may be I use to push the lancer more than the city initially..

but on a regular basis aroun 10-11 or sometime less..
Old 1st October 2004, 03:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think the SFXi came with beige leather seats .
Old 1st October 2004, 11:22   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope, the leather seats were always an extra on the 2000 model SFXi's. Jesal, check the upholstery and you will see a darker shade than regular lancers (Either really dark grey or black).

You can expect the Lancer to easily give 9.5 - 10.5 kpl in Bombay City.

GTO
Old 1st October 2004, 11:58   #12
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

3.99 for a 4-yr old Lancer is quite a high price i think. Prices of a used Lancer are falling by the thousands everyday.

Yellow and red are probably the best colors for the SFX. The Black has got a greenish tint to it when seen in the day.
Old 1st October 2004, 12:11   #13
BHPian

hey jesal ,

is this yellow sfxi always parked somewhere on the jogeshwari-vikroli link road ? there's a similar car parked just out of greenfield apts and that too has a VIP regn i think ...

~A
Old 1st October 2004, 13:57   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Oct. 01 2004,09:52)]Nope, the leather seats were always an extra on the 2000 model SFXi's. Jesal, check the upholstery and you will see a darker shade than regular lancers (Either really dark grey or black).

You can expect the Lancer to easily give 9.5 - 10.5 kpl in Bombay City.

GTO
ok so no leather im guessing thts just fine neways the seats were very dark kinda looked good like velvet sort. black i guess it was. 9 - 10 im more than happy
Old 1st October 2004, 14:01   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (adityapd @ Oct. 01 2004,10:41)]hey jesal ,

is this yellow sfxi always parked somewhere on the jogeshwari-vikroli link road ? there's a similar car parked just out of greenfield apts and that too has a VIP regn i think ...

~A
u got some eyes on the road there eh. yea there is a lancer act. there are 2 both in yellow but they are not in vip reg. one has diff alloys as well. i know this since im there everyday. i remember staring at the lancer at so many occasions. its just a beast waiting to be started. i noticed one thing. nothing ever to me can beat the looks of the lancer. although yellow is the last colour i would ever buy there is something about it that i just love that no VTEC can ever come across ever. though the vtec engine is good but im not gonna drive fast. u see safe driver hehe. neways so one thing also i forgot to ask i need to know is a lancer expensive to run maintainence wise. does the engine keep needing work or something like that. plz let me know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks