Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:28   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I am not even able to see any slots available for the nearby phc or private hospital yet in the cowin site.
In Bangalore, only Apollo & Manipal have a scheduling option for 18+. But they are always booked. Please try the pin code where these hospitals are - e.g, 560017 for Airport Road Manipal, 560076 for Bannerghatta road Apollo.

What the deal with pricing? Apollo charges Rs 800, Manipal, Rs 1,000 while the PHCs are distributing free of cost.
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:29   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
...I wonder if this was a case because of the first day (May 1st) of state quota based vaccinations? What I understood is the 45+ age group vaccinations is based on central govt quota of vaccines so there might be a few hiccups initially. Just a hypothesis.
These vaccines are privately procured by the private hospitals, thus priced at ₹850/- for Covishield.

IMO it was rather likely that the medical staff just had to complete the verification data entry for the earlier batch in their app so it starts the next batch, but they didn't want to.

Anyway, posted tonight only because someone I know reported no improvement in crowd management even today.

Quote:
Which place/PHC is this? I am not even able to see any slots available for the nearby phc or private hospital yet in the cowin site.
lol Currently, slots seem to be closing faster than online flash sales!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd May 2021 at 23:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:36   #543
snr
BHPian

I got vaccinated with my family few weeks ago. All of us had mild reaction for a few days but recovered well. Fingers crossed until the second dosage.
Old 3rd May 2021, 00:34   #544
BHPian

Booked vaccination slot for myself and spouse on 5th May, Wednesday.

Location - GBSSS, Janakpuri Block A 3
Time Slot - 11am - 1pm
Vaccine Type - Unknown
Age - 18+ Category
Slots Remaining as of now - 50

Hope it goes smoothly, CM has announced that vaccine drive for 18-45 will begin on Monday. Lets see how it goes, will update in this thread. If any Delhi based bhpians residing in West Delhi are looking for vaccination for 18-45 then just type pincode 110059 and hopefully u will be directed to empty slots in Janakpuri area ( few in Uttam Nagar area also ) but since its a crowded area, try to avoid Uttam Nagar.
Old 3rd May 2021, 02:05   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Booked vaccination slot for myself and spouse on 5th May, Wednesday.

Location - GBSSS, Janakpuri Block A 3
Time Slot - 11am - 1pm
Vaccine Type - Unknown
Age - 18+ Category
Slots Remaining as of now - 50

Hope it goes smoothly, CM has announced that vaccine drive for 18-45 will begin on Monday. Lets see how it goes, will update in this thread. If any Delhi based bhpians residing in West Delhi are looking for vaccination for 18-45 then just type pincode 110059 and hopefully u will be directed to empty slots in Janakpuri area ( few in Uttam Nagar area also ) but since its a crowded area, try to avoid Uttam Nagar.
Yes, I see a few empty slots in Uttam Nagar and Najafgarh - all govt schools. Please do update this thread with your post, basis which I will book my slot.
Old 3rd May 2021, 08:08   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Which place/PHC is this? I am not even able to see any slots available for the nearby phc or private hospital yet in the cowin site.
Search for pin 560084.
This UPHC took booking, but they have no idea how that happened. They had put this notice for all people turning up with due appointment.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 08:42   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Just booked myself in for Vaccination tommorow morning at 11 under 18-45 category.
Quite a few slots were available; booking process was smooth and text prompts were instant.
Got Vaccinated (Covishield) yesterday at Pin code 133001, under 18-45 category.

Process was smooth, however social distancing was at a premium , thankfully, for places like these i use two masks, a N95 and a Surgical one.

An idiot, tried to break the queue, and was canned by cops on duty (well deserved).
Almost 24 hours since I got vaccinated, no side effects until now(touchwood).
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 09:53   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
In Bangalore, only Apollo & Manipal have a scheduling option for 18+. But they are always booked. Please try the pin code where these hospitals are - e.g, 560017 for Airport Road Manipal, 560076 for Bannerghatta road Apollo.
Thank you msdivy for this information. I was unable to locate the private hospitals on district wise search and i was searching with pincode of my home. I couldn't possibly think that the geniuses who developed CoWIN are capable of making the search so obscure.

Please note that all branches of Manipal and Apollo hospitals in Bangalore listed 18+ vaccine. Manipal is showing Covaxin only and the slots for entire week across their branches are booked. Apollo is showing Covishield, I briefly saw 100 open slots in Apollo Jayanagar branch but when i went to book the appointment, it said all slots are booked.

I literally walked through entire Bangalore Pincodes (starting at 560001) to see if there are any other hospitals which have 18+ slots and so far no luck with that. Since Apollo is showing slots for today only, my advise is to keep checking every day.
Old 3rd May 2021, 09:57   #549
BHPian

Can someone confirm, when is the slot for 18+ opening? I am always seeing it booked.
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:02   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
for places like these i use two masks, a N95 and a Surgical one.
Is that recommended? Thought the current recommendation was to club a surgical mask on the inside with a cloth mask on the outside. Our state govt here actually recommends not to club a n95 mask with a surgical mask.
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:03   #551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
Can someone confirm, when is the slot for 18+ opening? I am always seeing it booked.
There will expectedly be a rush initially. Large number of people in the 18-45 demographic and vaccine supply will take time to catch up.

Keep trying, and possibly wait for a while to avoid crowded venues if you aren't an at-risk individual (co-morbid and/or an essential services professional).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:03   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got Vaccinated (Covishield) yesterday at Pin code 133001, under 18-45 category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
These vaccines are privately procured by the private hospitals, thus priced at ₹850/- for Covishield.
Guys,
The appointment slip has two time fields "Time" and "Preferred Time Slot". The first field has a very early time period which is outside the slot that we had picked. Did you guys also have similar differences in your appointment slips?

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-appt.jpg

Should we be worried that our preferred time slot is not within the first field?
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:06   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
In which city you are looking? Apollo announced that they have opened slots across major cities (eg Bangalore, Delhi etc) but all their slots are booked here in Bangalore.

Manipal Hospitals in Bangalore is administering Covaxin, all their slots are booked as well.

As per some news articles, Fortis and Max also procured some doses. I dont know in which cities they have opened the slots. I also doubt for how long the supplies will last with private hospitals.
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:16   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

The grim headlines have certainly pushed people to go get vaccinated.

I've been outside my home state since November, in a smaller town and people here have been reluctant to get vaccinated for quite some time. From our brief interactions over the past few months, we understood that a lot of people believed in the different rumors about vaccine ineffectiveness, the vaccine 'causing covid' and the other usual ones going around. Till a week ago, the number of vaccine slots for 45+ were ample, even though there is only one center here. Seems to have changed today with bookings happening quick. Still haven't opened it out for the 18-44 group, but that's ok I guess, let the elders get protected first with whatever stocks remain.

The person from whom we are renting our place was hesitant to get his parents vaccinated. This morning during our (socially distanced of course) conversation, he admitted that it was a mistake and he's going to get them covered as soon as possible.

Now all we need to do is ramp up supply, by whatever means possible and stop hassling those who are actually working towards providing that supply! Then it will most likely be the endgame for this crisis as the data from Israel, the US and the UK definitely seems to indicate the effectiveness of vaccinating a large portion of the population.

Last edited by am1m : 3rd May 2021 at 10:22.
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:21   #555
Team-BHP Support

On Saturday evening while I was laying idle, I simply logged into to the Cowin portal on the browser and tried my luck. Somehow it showed a slot and I booked it for Sunday morning. Went over and it was a bit crowded but I had a double mask, face shield and safety gloves with a spray bottle of sanitiser that I was constantly using every 15 minutes of the total 60 minutes of wait time.

Once the whole batch queued up, they distributed token numbers which determined your line position to get a jab. Distancing was decently maintained and I was out of the facility in the next hour. Came home to a hot shower and refreshed myself of all the sweat that this bare minimum protective kit gave me. I salute all the frontline warriors who don PPE kits and serve all patients day in and out. It is truly a commendable feat.

Had a bit of a pain in the arm later in the evening but had no other symptoms. Stayed away from the family for the day and slept in a separate bedroom to prevent any issues. So far so good. Next dose will be in 45-60 days.
moralfibre is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks