Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 18:27   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: CoWin - Second Shot Appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I have tried looking for slot around 16.45 for 3 days in a row BUT for no avail.
As my last day is coming closer, need to get this done ASAP.

Any tips and tricks! Please suggest!
Are you in contact with anyone from hospital where you took first shot? While first dose was streamlined, 2nd one is not. Limited stocks of Covaxin come to each hospital randomly and hospital has a list of preferred recipient. Keep calling daily, also keep watching Cowin atleast couple of times a day.
Old 25th May 2021, 18:37   #857
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

One of my neighbor (18-45 group) got registered in the CoWIN website and was trying for an appointment. Meanwhile he got himself vaccinated at a local PHC with out an appointment in CoWIN citing, that, he may be exposed to the virus due to his frequent visits to hospital with his dad. He gave his aadhar number for registration. Since the vaccine center is not officially opened for 18+ age groups, they were not able to register them in the website. His status in the CoWIN says not vaccinated, but, he had his first dose three weeks back. Any idea how to get this updated?

Calls to 1075 is a nightmare and the contact no in the CoWIN site is not reachable.
Old 25th May 2021, 21:39   #858
Senior - BHPian

Curious case of booking on Cowin portal for 18-45 Category.

Actually, does any one know what exactly is happening with the slots showing as "booked" always. It is insane that the slots gets booked in a fraction of second. Sometimes the telegram groups gives notifications so fast that it gives alert even before the slots appear on the cowin portal. And then you see it coming up, but when you book it right there, it says it is full. Looks like a big scam is behind this. It is almost impractical to book the slot.

Are people using web automation to book it automatically or are hospitals playing behind it, that they just open it for name sake and immediately mark it as "booked". Even fastest finger first doesn't help.

[Referring to KA-Bangalore area. Not sure how it is at other places]

Quote:
They can refuse me a jab, as my address is in B'lore.
Well, it has worked for someone, as mentioned in a few posts above (Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences). If there is no other way out.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 25th May 2021 at 21:55.
Old 25th May 2021, 21:40   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
If I were you, I would have been glad to take this up. A drive opportunity, more than a jab.
They can refuse me a jab, as my address is in B'lore. I am also skeptical about convincing cops that am traveling all the way to 'Mysore' for a jab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Are you in contact with anyone from hospital where you took first shot? Keep calling daily, also keep watching Cowin atleast couple of times a day.
I spoke to 'Aster Clinic' where I had my first jab. They say 'covaxin' has been administered only for their frontline healthcare staff and they are NOT doing it for public, as of now.

Is there any particular time window we need to check this 'Co-Win' website?
I have been doing it around 16.45 and sometime around 22.30 also.
Old 25th May 2021, 22:35   #860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They can refuse me a jab, as my address is in B'lore.
My Aadhar reflects my Hyderabad address. I got my vaccination in Chennai.

I am however not suggesting you drive to a different city for your vaccine. I have been in Chennai since April as my parents live here.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 09:20   #861
Senior - BHPian

Since finding a slot in Bangalore is proving difficult for the second dose for 45+, and the first dose was taken 4 weeks ago, will there be less effect when the second dose is taken later than 4-6 weeks?

This is for my senior parents who had taken the first dose of Covaxin 4 weeks ago.
Old 26th May 2021, 09:39   #862
Oxy
BHPian

First hand experience just now. Logged into CoWin website randomly. Saw about 20 entries with "Booked" status (for the 18-44 age group). I didn't get an alert on Telegram for even one of those. This is for Thrissur, Kerala.

Checked in Coimbatore, TN. Found one entry, again with Status "Booked" for which I didn't get an alert. Decided to randomly keep refreshing to see if something opens up and I get lucky. During this process, another entry came up with status "Booked". I mean WTH, it didn't even show it's available even for a fraction of a second, straightaway status is Booked. How?

Definitely some corruption going on. There is no point in even trying.

Last edited by Oxy : 26th May 2021 at 09:46.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 09:43   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Since finding a slot in Bangalore is proving difficult for the second dose for 45+, and the first dose was taken 4 weeks ago, will there be less effect when the second dose is taken later than 4-6 weeks?

This is for my senior parents who had taken the first dose of Covaxin 4 weeks ago.
There are hospitals providing vaccination just for 2nd doses of Covishield and Covaxin. Please don't waste time on the app, i did the same and lost almost two weeks.
Just call up or visit any government center and get it done. Bowring has been doing it since almost a month now for Covaxin. No registrations.
abhi7013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 09:59   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, don't wait for the stars to align to get vaccinated.

86-year old relative of mine had a mild fever and sure enough tested positive last week. He's doing fine, but as a precaution they've moved him to a hospital, in an isolation ward just to monitor his blood work and general parameters daily. (The rest of the family are isolating at home, all asymptomatic and doing fine.) I've been pleading with the other members of the family ever since the vaccinations for senior citizens began earlier this year to just go get him vaccinated. They first hesitated because they weren't sure about the safety of the vaccine, then because they weren't sure about how effective the vaccines were, then because they were worried about the after effects of the vaccine on a person his age, then because they wanted to wait for Covaxin and not Covishield, then because they wanted to wait till the vaccination center closest to their house had less crowd. And now this happens.

He's fine and the doctors are confident that they'll be able to discharge him next week, but how much more confident everyone would have been if he had taken both doses. Very irresponsible on the part of the immediate family. (I do hope the doctors at the hospital give them a dressing-down!)

[Other factors that may have helped: he's in great shape for his age, completely mobile till today. Used to be a great walker till his 70s, 4-5km a day, never smoked, always eats sparingly, no comorbidity.]

Last edited by am1m : 26th May 2021 at 10:11.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 10:04   #865
BHPian

Took first dose of Covishield yesterday morning (luckily it was organised through my employer). Feeling a little feverish but the temperature is showing normal. slight body-ache throughout since yesterday, and slight pain at the spot where vaccine was put.

The other interesting thing which I noticed is that there is increase in appetite than usual. Suddenly I feel damn hungry at regular intervals. Hopefully things would normalise in a day or two.
Old 26th May 2021, 12:18   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

The vaccination status is being updated in Arogya Setu app.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img20210526wa0013__01.jpg
Touch the tab mentioning vaccinated(unverified).

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img20210526wa0010__01__01.jpg
Follow the advice. You can change the number if you want.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img20210526wa0011__01.jpg
You'll get an OTP.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img20210526wa0012__01__01.jpg
You'll get an option to select the person whose Arogya Setu you want to update.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20210526115841__01.jpg
Your vaccination status will be updated.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 12:39   #867
BHPian

After two days of gluing to laptop, sore fingers, managed to book a slot for myself. I took my first COVISHIELD jab on 11th May at Kurkumbh Primary Healthcare center.
But had to travel 90 kms one way from my place. I didn't let go this opportunity to go on a drive during lockdown.

The center was well managed, got my jab after standing in a queue for 30 mins.

Didn't feel a thing that day. But suffered from body ache, joint pain for next 2 days.
Old 26th May 2021, 14:02   #868
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
There are hospitals providing vaccination just for 2nd doses of Covishield and Covaxin. Please don't waste time on the app, i did the same and lost almost two weeks.
Just call up or visit any government center and get it done. Bowring has been doing it since almost a month now for Covaxin. No registrations.
How is the crowd management at Bowring? Or any Govt hospital like in KRPuram? I am tempted to try a walk-in but don't want to spend hours milling in over-crowded places only to catch covid.
Old 26th May 2021, 14:17   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
How is the crowd management at Bowring? Or any Govt hospital like in KRPuram? I am tempted to try a walk-in but don't want to spend hours milling in over-crowded places only to catch covid.
It was well organised by the public themselves and there was no much crowding. However, i had seen in news reports of overcrowding at Bowring just 2 days after our visit.

Now i guess the crowd shouldn't be too much but Bowring, like most other government hospitals, has open areas and indoors is when things might get a bit tricky. Even with registrations, i guess that would be unavoidable. Just go with two masks on and consciously maintain distance. You could try calling them as well. The timing was from 10am to 4pm when i went which has likely changed by now.

The source of information for me was a relative who had gotten the jab, so i suggest you try contacting people from your network in case they went to Bowring or other venues.
Old 26th May 2021, 15:49   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Police checks can be a problem. I took my wife for vaccination today - she's in the under 45 age group. We were stopped by cops and showed our appointment as proof for travel. What do you show for a walk-in? The cops may not be convinced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks