Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:39   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

24 hours post second shot:

No side effects. Not even pain at site - which was there for 24hours during the first shot of Covishield.

After 2 weeks I'll take my protein spike antibody test to see the numbers.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:13   #77
BHPian

I had luckily managed to book a slot for my father on the morning of 1st march. Unfortunately, the server was down at the centre (Sutar Hospital, Pune) and he was asked to come the next day. We went again yesterday morning and there was total chaos at the centre, and people were asked to return home. Since we live close by, decided to drop in around 3pm, and voila, very less rush. Showed his appointment details and he was asked to wait. He was given the first shot (covishield) yesterday evening around 5.30pm. Only had some pain in the shoulder, no fever and no other reaction as well.

Also, just for the benefit of others, if you are taking anyone/yourself for the vaccine under the co-morbidity category, please do carry the relevant form filled in by a registered medical practioner. A couple was asked to get the form and return the next day in front of dad. As regards getting a slot on cowin, in case it is showing full, more centres are being added each day, and also walk-in registrations are being done, with slots being given. So do give it a try as well.

Also, please keep a photo-id (apart from aadhar) with you. They took aadhar details for my father and his license as photo-id.
AdiSolEn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:43   #78
BHPian

I registered my father’s details on the COWIN portal at 8.30 pm yesterday. Slots were available for our location/pin code and I immediately booked one. My father received his first dose of the vaccine at 11.00 am today.
Registration to vaccination turn around time was less than 24 hours.
City is Pune.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

Government allows hospitals for Covid 19 vaccinations to operate 24/7.

A very welcome move by the Government of India

https://www.news18.com/news/india/ca...n-3493604.html

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:10   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Parents have got slot for tomorrow in Kalyani hospital, Mylapore, Chennai. Fingers crossed this allows a bit of peace of mind in the family.
So the folks landed up at the hospital but the people there couldn't retrieve the booking records. Thankfully my parents were considered as walk-ins. They had a quota of 100 walk-ins per day and they were #95, #96 even though they went in the afternoon as per their appointment time Overall very streamlined process and minimal delays experienced.

It's a bit of relief and to be honest a bit of satisfaction to see how quickly and decently managed the overall process is. My relatives in the US (70+ aged) had got their vaccination slots by end of Feb but the whole process was a bit more strained is what I understood.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:44   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

No arm pain or anything else as yet. I got an immediate SMS to tell me I'd been vaccinated, just in case I hadn't noticed! It also said I can download a certificate, but I can't see a way to do that.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
My 79 year old dad got his first dose (Covishield) this morning. He was struggling to get a free slot yesterday, after having registered on the CoWin portal. All I told him was to wait out a few hours and then check the slots and he could manage one today.

Place is Coimbatore at TN. He is all fine and absolutely nothing that he notices as different.

My mother will be taking her first shot on the 4th March.
Update : Dad reported a mild fever (99.7). A bit tired today. No pain at the place of injection.

Hopefully the fever goes away in some hours.

My mom’s is due tomorrow. They decided different dates to ensure one of them is fully active, just in case some side effects kick in.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:22   #83
BHPian

My dad had a very unpleasant experience when he went to take vaccine.

My dad got the afternoon appointment today at the Government Women and Children's hospital, Thycaud, Trivandrum. After reaching there, the staff mentioned that there is a separate token system. Apparently, we need to go around 8 AM and get this token. They have 200 slots, and already, 250 tokens were distributed for today (I am struggling to understand how they gave away the extra 50 ones. One explanation, I feel is cancellations ) . They did not care that my dad had the cowin appointment: unless we have this separate token, they will not even allow entry to the area where they give the vaccine.
Then a nurse said that my dad can go there tomorrow at 8 AM, and there is a slight chance he might get the vaccine. She didn't have an answer when we asked if we needed to take the appointment again. Another staff over there added to the confusion, when he said that even if we take the token in the morning, they will check for the appointment when we go upstairs (that's where vaccine distribution happens).

There were a lot of others having the same issue. One person was having a pretty heated argument with the staff.

Is this a unique process followed by this hospital, or is this the typical process?

Anyway, my dad lost all enthusiasm to get the vaccine early. We will wait for this whole mess to get sorted out first.
dragntailonfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:43   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post

Is this a unique process followed by this hospital, or is this the typical process?

Anyway, my dad lost all enthusiasm to get the vaccine early. We will wait for this whole mess to get sorted out first.
I suspect it's an operational 'solution' to handle previous issues faced at that hospital.

As experienced by my parents and all those who had appointments at the hospital in Chennai, the folks managing the vaccination were not able to access the registration data so basically the first 100 who landed up first got the vaccinations. Thankfully my parents reached 2 hours in advance so they just barely made into the 100 list. There were many with appointments in 2nd half who landed up later and were clearly miffed to be told to come again tomorrow to get into the 100 for tomorrow. A few fortunate ones decided to still wait and got the vaccination as there were a few who were in the first 100 but didn't turn up finally (= cancellations).

Based on this experience, my mother is planning to take our aged maid tomorrow (without a booking appointment) to get her vaccinated at the same location. Given a good % of the population isn't going to go through the registration process, the walk-ins are to stay for a while for sure.

I'd suggest your dad to try it again tomorrow morning to get the token, or book at another hospital. Once the gates are opened to all age groups, while the process might or might not improve, I expect the rush/waiting periods will only increase.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 3rd March 2021 at 16:48.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:46   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How much are the hospitals charging for the different vaccines? Are different hospital having different charges?
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:48   #86
BHPian

Any idea if we need to take the second shot from the same hospital/same state
Old 3rd March 2021, 17:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I suspect it's an operational 'solution' to handle previous issues faced at that hospital.
Wasn't the CoWin App introduced precisely to avoid this situation of FIFO?. I think some kind of sale of vaccine is going on.
Old 3rd March 2021, 17:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
How much are the hospitals charging for the different vaccines? Are different hospital having different charges?
At the place where my father went, it was Rs 256/. Nothing more.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 18:16   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Private Hospitals: Rs.250/-

Government Hospitals: Free /-

My parents had a hassle free experience yesterday morning at a private hospital in Kozhikode with hardly 10 people in the morning...

I check the cowin site, it shows them as "vaccinated" but their ages became 36 and 35!
deathwalkr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 18:25   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Rs.250 is what I read as the government-mandated charge at private hospitals. Government hospitals free. To rich and poor alike.

Rs.250 is what I paid today.

I also read that there is no choice of vaccine. You get what that station has to offer. And all the private hospitals have Covishield. Which is what I got today at a private Hospital.

I think this is all national, but I'm reading Chennai media, and some might be TN-specific.

I don't know about going to the same place for the second dose. As the app has centralised information, it might not be necessary. For myself, it's a half-hour stroll, so I hope to go to the same place.

I'm really quite excited to have taken this small step towards normality. Or, at least... normality at some time in the future now seems possible, even if it takes a couple of months. Had been wondering if it abnormal was going to be forever!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks