Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2021, 10:40   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am now worried how will I get my second dose of Covaxin, given the shortages in the 18-44 category. My window for the second dose is : Due date 03 Jun 2021, Last date 17 Jun 2021
Have the same issue here in Mumbai as well! And I have the same due date as you. From 10th onwards I have my college exams as well, so that leaves a window of 3rd to 10th June for me . Just wondering should I have taken Covishield instead.

Let’s hope from 1st June some preference is given to 2nd dose Covaxin for 18-44.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 29th May 2021 at 10:42.
Old 29th May 2021, 11:10   #887
Senior - BHPian

Vaccination camps for people aged 18-44 years are being held in a couple of schools near my home for the past few days. Covishield vaccines only available. Walk-in camps, no booking needed. We need to submit a photocopy of Aadhaar with two phone numbers written on it; and show the original. I took my son to one of the camps this morning and he got his first shot.

1) Reasonably good arrangements for a government facility. We arrived at the gate by 7.40 a.m, already ten people were waiting. By 9 a.m. they opened the gate and allowed us to go and sit in a shaded area. Sufficient chairs for about fifty people, somewhat spaced out, but not one metre. At least open on three sides, not a closed room.

2) Extra people who arrived had to stand in line outside the school. They stood in an orderly manner, but spacing could have been better.

3) Tokens were issued at 9.15 a.m, and it was announced vaccination will begin at 9.30, those who have not yet had breakfast should eat something and come back, they can get vaccine as per token number.

4) We went home, finished breakfast and returned. Our token number was 13, the vaccination was done in about ten minutes and we returned home.

5) People formed the line in an orderly manner according to the token number. If people with later token numbers are in the queue, if we show our token they allow us to move ahead, there is no ill temper or pushing-pulling.

6) It was announced the total vaccines brought for the day were 400 doses. Anyone arriving as no.401 will be given a token and told to come the next day.

7) I heard the crowd situation is no better at Apollo hospital also, even though they charge ₹1500 per head. They are giving Sputnik V. But I can't drive 20 km and back during lock down. Multiple police barriers will need to be crossed.

All in all, an Ok experience and free vaccine to boot!
Gansan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 12:14   #888
BHPian

300 Crore vaccinations to be done (140 Cr people * 2 doses + 10% wastage). We need to drain the river Ganga, procure syringes, masks, gloves, software, bottles, rubber caps, aluminium seals, prints. No easy task.

Kudos to all the scientists, doctors, medical support staff, officials and volunteers on getting this humungous vaccination drive running across the length and breadth of this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
1) Reasonably good arrangements for a government facility. We arrived at the gate by 7.40 a.m, already ten people were waiting. By 9 a.m. they opened the gate and allowed us to go and sit in a shaded area. Sufficient chairs for about fifty people, somewhat spaced out, but not one metre. At least open on three sides, not a closed room.

All in all, an Ok experience and free vaccine to boot!
Similar experience at the Sembakkam PHC and at the Special Camp for the Vaccination near the Kamarajapuram bus stand. Walk in vaccination. All that hoopla around getting a slot in the CoWin Website got watered down.

Very neat arrangement specially at the camp. Good to see our people silent and obedient in the queues. Volunteers were very helpful and pretty quick.
Old 29th May 2021, 13:24   #889
Senior - BHPian

My organization arranged a vaccination drive for all employees and their dependents at one of the office premises in Gurgaon. They tied up with Max Hospital for same, and the arrangements were super. From getting down from the car to registration, vaccine, certificates all done in 10-12 mins flat.

Now comes the after effects. While I was fine, my wife had a little fever and some weakness for the first couple of days and then was fine. After about 3-4 days she had allergy and blisters all over her arms, stomach and legs. She had to take steroids to minimize them and was asked to do blood test for CBC and APTT. Thankfully both were fine.

However, i just thought of taking the test as well including that for Cholesterol. While the latter was fine, my platelet count has dipped to 110 and ESR was very high. These were never issues for me, because we make it a point to have complete blood tests every 6 months to a year, last was in Feb. The doctor said that it can be a sign for Thrombocytopenia, which is a side effect for some taking the AstroZenica/Covishield vaccine but since I don't have any symptoms to wait for a week and take the CBC test again. If it is seen to dip even further then I may have to start medicines or steroids. Fingers crossed now for the tests next week.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 29th May 2021 at 13:27.
Altocumulus is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 13:19   #890
Senior - BHPian

To those who are struggling to get a slot (especially in Bangalore area) even after getting notified by Telegram/Whatsapp groups, here is one more place to go check for: https://vaccineslot.in/

This is a few milli seconds faster (precious..) to give you a slot open alert. Good thing is that it also has audio alerts so you wont miss out. I managed to book slots 3 times during the last few days after getting alerted by this portal. For booking you can use Cowin site or Umang app.
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 14:35   #891
Distinguished - BHPian

Is covaxine out of stock in Bangalore? Can’t seem to find it at all on the Cowin app. Anyone?
Old 30th May 2021, 14:54   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is covaxine out of stock in Bangalore? Can’t seem to find it at all on the Cowin app. Anyone?
This could be the reason, it's available as walk-in for second dose.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img_20210530_145155_501.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img_20210530_145158_033.jpg

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 14:57   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
This could be the reason, it's available as walk-in for second dose.

Attachment 2161810

Attachment 2161811

KK
Thank you KK bhai. Long time,hope you and fam are well.

Its for my mum and yes second dose. I stay at Indiranagar, where do you suggest we go to get this done as effortlessly as possible? Should i go private?
Old 30th May 2021, 15:54   #894
Senior - BHPian

What are the possible side effects after taking Covishield? I found this on Serum Institute website:

When should I expect adverse reactions to start? Till how many days after vaccination the adverse events should be monitored?

Most of the side effects with COVISHIELD (TM) occur on the day of vaccination (6 to 8 hours later) and resolve within 2 to 3 days. These are uncommon by Day 5 to 7 after vaccination, indicating that these effects are self-limiting and of short duration. Adverse reactions are relatively less after the second dose as compared to the first dose.

What adverse reactions can I get after vaccination?

Following side effects or adverse reactions have been reported with COVISHIELD(TM) vaccine.
  1. Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people) - tenderness, pain, warmth, or itching where the injection is given, generally feeling unwell, feeling tired (fatigue), chills or feeling feverish, headache, feeling sick (nausea), joint pain or muscle ache
  2. Common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people) - swelling or redness where the injection is given, fever, being sick (vomiting) or diarrhoea, pain in legs or arms, flu-like symptoms, such as high temperature sore throat, runny nose, cough and chills
  3. Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people) – sleepiness or feeling dizzy, abdominal pain, enlarged lymph nodes, excessive sweating, itchy skin, rash or hives
  4. Not known (the frequency cannot be determined from the available data) -severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), severe swelling of the lips, mouth, throat (which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing)
  5. Rarest: Major blood clotting (venous and/or arterial thrombosis) in combination with low platelet count (thrombocytopenia) have been observed very rarely (with a frequency less than 1 in 100,000 vaccinated individuals).

Last edited by Gansan : 30th May 2021 at 16:05.
Gansan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 19:24   #895
BHPian

Quote:
I stay at Indiranagar, where do you suggest we go to get this done as effortlessly as possible? Should i go private?
I feel PHCs are better for second dose. Morning they issue the tokens and you can come later for the shots. I myself got my second dose at Jayanagar GH and was in and out of place within 10 mins.
JMaruru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 20:03   #896
BHPian

Can I as a Delhi resident get vaccinated for my second dose of Covaxin in any other state ? Say UP, Haryana or Chandigarh, etc. Is that even allowed or will I be denied straightaway.
Old 30th May 2021, 20:29   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you KK bhai. Long time,hope you and fam are well.

Its for my mum and yes second dose. I stay at Indiranagar, where do you suggest we go to get this done as effortlessly as possible? Should i go private?
You can walk in to Manipal hospital old airport road for 2nd dose covaxin. Its readily available
Chalu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 22:47   #898
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
You can walk in to Manipal hospital old airport road for 2nd dose covaxin. Its readily available
Every time I’ve called them they have refused saying only if you book on Cowin it’s available…
Old 31st May 2021, 07:51   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Can I as a Delhi resident get vaccinated for my second dose of Covaxin in any other state ? Say UP, Haryana or Chandigarh, etc. Is that even allowed or will I be denied straightaway.
Hi, when I visited the PHC in Jaipur and asked them about it, they said one can take the first and second dose at any place in India.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 09:38   #900
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
This depends on the state/UT. Pondicherry now insists on an address proof in Pondicherry to vaccinate the people. The did this because a lot of people from neighboring TN were taking the vaccines in Pondicherry. However, this was not the case before where they just used to verify only the ID number and never checked the address.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks