Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2021, 09:56   #901
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

For NCR residents looking to get slots in Gurgaon, there are plenty new hospitals being onboarded and opening up slots. Day before yesterday CK Birla Hospital in sector 51 was onboarded and I could literally see 100s of slots open till 15th June 2021. I managed to book slots for myself and my sister and also got a cousin of mine to book 4 slots for themselves for 8th and 9th June.

Even after that there were hundreds of slots left open which filled up quickly, but I see more and more new hospitals starting their drives as the Covid numbers go down. Do keep an eye out on Gurgaon hospitals, I believe more slots will open up soon, with extended timeline (2 weeks or so ahead)
Old 31st May 2021, 10:12   #902
Senior - BHPian

Why is the vaccination cost for the 45+ age group 850/- or more for Covishield, and 1250/- or more for Covaxin in the private hospitals ? It was 250/- a few weeks ago based on Central govt subsidy. What changed ?
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-image.png  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 31st May 2021 at 10:20.
Old 31st May 2021, 10:22   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Why is the vaccination cost for the 45+ age group 850/- or more for Covishield, and 1250/- or more for Covaxin in the private hospitals ? It was 250/- a few weeks ago based on Central govt subsidy. What changed ?
Private hospital rates have always been the same. The rates that you see for Central and State government are subsidised yes, but private hospitals get the 25% allocation directly from manufacturers. So the split is 50% to the Centre, 25% to state governments and 25% to hospitals. Hence the rates in private hospitals are not subsidised by the government.
Old 31st May 2021, 10:31   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Private hospital rates have always been the same. The rates that you see for Central and State government are subsidised yes, but private hospitals get the 25% allocation directly from manufacturers. So the split is 50% to the Centre, 25% to state governments and 25% to hospitals. Hence the rates in private hospitals are not subsidised by the government.
My understanding was that BBMP took back all the government provided supplies from the private hospitals in late April or early May. A local private hospital which used to be the vaccination center prior to this told us that they used to charge 250 for administration charge and actual vaccine was free. Now they were told to procure direct from manufacturers and they can fix the price (vaccine cost + administration charge). My understanding is that the blue color paid indicator next to hospital name means it is fully paid vaccine (i.e. private stock) and not from government provided stock.
vaspro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 10:35   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
My understanding was that BBMP took back all the government provided supplies from the private hospitals in late April or early May. A local private hospital which used to be the vaccination center prior to this told us that they used to charge 250 for administration charge and actual vaccine was free. Now they were told to procure direct from manufacturers and they can fix the price (vaccine cost + administration charge). My understanding is that the blue color paid indicator next to hospital name means it is fully paid vaccine (i.e. private stock) and not from government provided stock.
Maybe the case in Bengaluru was different but Delhi NCR has always had this model. In fact just a couple of days back Haryana government fixed the rates at Rs. 900/- for Covishield and Rs. 1200/- for Covaxin. Hospitals can only charge administration fees of Rs. 250/- if they are administering the dose in a camp set up outside the hospital premises. So yes, as you mentioned, this is private stock procured by the hospital directly.

What I meant by allocation was the allocation of manufacturers. They can sell 25% of stock privately to hospitals, which we pay full price for , while the rest is subsidised, in a 50-25 split to central and state governments
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 11:07   #906
BHPian

Someone I know has an issue that seems to have not been anticipated by the developers of the Cowin site/app etc.

They (senior citizens both) are due for their second dose (Covishield) in a week from today. They had registered for the first dose using the husband's phone number.

A few days ago the husband's phone stopped working; and Airtel never provided a replacement SIM in spite of repeated attempts. Therefore the husband moved to Vodaphone with a new number, since he was unable to port without a working old SIM.

Now, they cannot book their second dose appointment because everything is registered to the old SIM and they cannot receive any OTPs or SMSes.

Would anyone have any idea as to how to overcome this hurdle and help them get their second dose?

Thanks and cheers

Last edited by tilt : 31st May 2021 at 11:08.
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 11:45   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
A few days ago the husband's phone stopped working; and Airtel never provided a replacement SIM in spite of repeated attempts. Therefore the husband moved to Vodaphone with a new number, since he was unable to port without a working old SIM.

Now, they cannot book their second dose appointment because everything is registered to the old SIM and they cannot receive any OTPs or SMSes.

Would anyone have any idea as to how to overcome this hurdle and help them get their second dose?

Thanks and cheers
Oh boy! this is going to be a headache. Did they try registering again using new mobile and same Aadhaar numbers? Not sure if it works that way, but its worth a try.

Since both of them are senior citizens, their best bet would be to walk into a PHC with their Aadhaar cards to get their second dose vaccine. The PHC/Hospital can update the vaccine details via the admin UI.

However we still don't know how to update the mobile number on CoWin portal for existing registrants.

PS: Another thought, try Arogyasetu or Umang Apps. Since they are linked to the Aadhaar, i guess they should book the appointment with new mobile number provided the new mobile number is linked to Aadhaar for authentication

Last edited by vaspro : 31st May 2021 at 11:49.
vaspro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 11:48   #908
Senior - BHPian

I got my Vaccination done in morning.
Covishield from Fortis. Cost - 850
Is it advisable to drive today?
Got some errands to do.
Old 31st May 2021, 12:12   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why did Airtel not give the SIM? In pre-COVID days, it was a 5 minute affair, cost 75 bucks and needed a PP photo & updated KYC.

Best to approach Airtel again or update the Voda number in Aadhaar ASAP.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 13:52   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
My understanding was that BBMP took back all the government provided supplies from the private hospitals in late April or early May. A local private hospital which used to be the vaccination center prior to this told us that they used to charge 250 for administration charge and actual vaccine was free. Now they were told to procure direct from manufacturers and they can fix the price (vaccine cost + administration charge).
+1. This is how it went about for me. First dose at Private 'Aster Clinic' which had a 'BBMP Vaccine Center' notice plastered all over and they charged me INR 250/- on 20th April. Now for the second dose, I went to Government 'Jayanagar GH' on 28th May and it was free.
JMaruru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 15:06   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I got my Vaccination done in morning.
Covishield from Fortis. Cost - 850
Is it advisable to drive today?
Got some errands to do.
You can unless you feel some dizziness or raise in temperature
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 15:17   #912
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks and cheers
One option is to book a 1st appointment dose for confirmation. Once you reach the vaccination center, provide them with the old phone number. Vaccination center can directly access the records and mark the second dose details in the cowin admin app.

Getting the vaccination certificate is another issue though, as you will have to get this printed out by the hospital/vaccination center.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 15:19   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Is covaxin second dose after 45 days? Can someone confirm please?
Old 31st May 2021, 15:44   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
To those who are struggling to get a slot (especially in Bangalore area) even after getting notified by Telegram/Whatsapp groups, here is one more place to go check for: https://vaccineslot.in/

This is a few milli seconds faster (precious..) to give you a slot open alert. Good thing is that it also has audio alerts so you wont miss out. I managed to book slots 3 times during the last few days after getting alerted by this portal. For booking you can use Cowin site or Umang app.
Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I had shared this information with my friend, who was struggling since last one week to get a covaxin slot for his wife. Using this method, he was able to book a slot and he asked me to convey his 'thanks' to you.
And even I was able to book a slot for Covishield using this method for my wife.
So, thanks on my behalf as well.
kavensri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 15:51   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Every time I’ve called them they have refused saying only if you book on Cowin it’s available…
Many people i know have just walked in last week where they have got the 2nd dose. try to go around 3 pm.
Chalu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks