Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2021, 09:29   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
The govt may also find Vaccine Hesitancy as a convenient excuse
They're already using that excuse! Even now when it is really, really obvious that there is a definite shortage and that it is only because we didn't order enough doses, haven't we seen enough people (even on this thread) copy-paste the 'states messed it up', 'opposition parties opposed the Indian vaccine', 'people didn't want to take it' stock statements all over the place?!

With the grim headlines, vaccine hesitancy (which is anyway much, much lower in our country than in places like the US and the UK) has gone down drastically. People are desperate to get vaccinated now. In a few months, once (god knows when that will be, more realistically next year I think) when we really have enough doses so people don't have to try 'fastest finger first' or drive 100+km to try and get vaccinated we should start seeing vaccine hesitancy. Hopefully by then enough of the population will have been vaccinated that it won't really matter. Fingers-crossed that we really do get enough doses in the next few months and we start doing the one thing that we have always been really good at- run mass vaccinations!

Last edited by am1m : 2nd June 2021 at 09:32.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:00   #947
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Vaccine hesitancy is alive and kicking in full glory. I see a lot of reluctance in my relatives circle as well. And you guessed right, its all the Whatsapp forwards which they point to as facts. A cousin of mine, even forwarded a message to the family group, by some scientist claiming all those who vaccinate will die in 2 years!! So we need to wait till 2023 to test that one out.

I felt people were really anxious to get it at the peak, but with cases reducing, many are now taking it lightly. Maybe that explains the availability of more vaccines.
m8002? is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:34   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Vaccine hesitancy is alive and kicking in full glory. I see a lot of reluctance in my relatives circle as well. And you guessed right, its all the Whatsapp forwards which they point to as facts.
Not just Whatsapp University alone.

Quote:
Ramdev now says Covid vaccine has no use, he has dual cover with yoga, Ayurveda
Quote:
Amid his ongoing tussle with the Indian Medical Association (IMA), yoga exponent Ramdev has once again questioned the legitimacy of Covid-19 vaccines, claiming that he hasn’t taken a jab as he enjoyed the dual cover of yoga and Ayurveda. Ramdev further claimed that the fatalities caused by the pandemic showed that allopathy was not 100% effective
Link

When we have 'influential' people discrediting vaccines, can we really blame people for vaccine hesitancy?
GeneralJazz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:37   #949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Not just Whatsapp University alone.

Link

When we have 'influential' people discrediting vaccines, can we really blame people for vaccine hesitancy?
Guess all the stupid people will die. Survival of the fittest and all that.

What remains to be seen is whether the antivaccers or the pro-vaccers die first

Ready, set, go!
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:46   #950
BHPian

Call me a cynic , but nothing in this country functions smoothly. Here is how my first dose experience went through, I fall in 18-44 bracket.

First attempt: I had booked a slot on May 15th near my hometown, it was a govt hospital. However, Karnataka govt cancelled the vaccination for 18+ from May14th, indefinitely.

Second attempt: Managed to book a slot in my native this time for June 1st , much closer to home than before. Although this was a private hospital( Fortis) and paid one. Covishield.

We went to the hospital at the allocated time slot and were aghast to hear that the vaccines were over for the day. I could not wrap my head around it, as to how the allocated vaccine slots be over. Unless there was some golmal done by the staff. I did not feel its worth it to fight it with the staff as they simply lacked empathy and remorse.

Went outside, called the Nodal officer allocated to the Hospital. Even she was surprised to hear that vaccines were over and my slot was not getting honoured. She called the hospital and as expected none of them picked her call. She asked me to go home for now, assuring that she will get back to me with the details.

After 4 hours , same day, the nodal officer called me explaining that there was some issue with hospital server and had to cancel the drive ( Bullshit! I thought to myself, hospital staff was clearly lying to her).
She took my name and my wife's name and asked to go the next day, which is today , and let the staff know that the nodal officer has sent us.

We went today morning , and as expected the first answer from the staff was that they are not vaccinating ( they themselves had asked us to come today, talk about keeping up your word!). To which I explained that I had slot yesterday and they did not honour it. They nodded their head saying that they will vaccinate if I have a slot for today. Then I "name called" the nodal officer. To which there was a stark change in their attitude. The person in charge asked me to wait for half hour. Meanwhile, as I was waiting , I saw many folks being sent back home who had their slot booked yesterday.

Now the person in charge comes to me and says that he will vaccinate me and my wife , however they cant upload anything on Cowin portal. I have to book another slot and inform him he will do the rest. To which, I thought for a while and agreed to. As I felt taking the vaccine should be my priority and not just some piece of paper( agreed its not just a piece of paper, but come on!). I will figure that part out later.

So here I am now. Got my first dose after some struggle, yet no certificate. I have to book another slot and inform the person in charge to make it official.

Last edited by vj_torqueaddict : 2nd June 2021 at 11:55.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:50   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_torqueaddict View Post
Now the person in charge comes to me and says that he will vaccinate me and my wife , however they cant upload anything on Cowin portal.
Man, that's really a sad state of affairs. Thanks for posting your experience, we need to hear what is going on in reality.

Now I am really wondering where these companies (including mine, just got an e-mail informing us of a vaccine drive 'sometime' mid June) and private entities who are organizing vaccine drives for their employees are getting their vaccine shots from, when government centers are running out of doses.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:32   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
With the grim headlines, vaccine hesitancy (which is anyway much, much lower in our country than in places like the US and the UK) has gone down drastically. People are desperate to get vaccinated now. ....
This is just selection bias speaking . Those who are desperate for vaccines make more noise; those who don't are just not bothered.
DigitalOne is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 12:54   #953
BHPian

Quote:
So here I am now. Got my first dose after some struggle, yet no certificate. I have to book another slot and inform the person in charge to make it official.
Same thing happened with me as well and 28 days later, my status is still not updated as vaccinated. Apparently in my case, the DIO issued vials to hospital as part of trial run @250 re per vial. Hospital was strictly instructed to return these to fine tune the process as a part of dry run. Instead hospital went ahead and sold the vials to people @1250 re per dose and made a hefty profit of 12500 per vial ( 10 doses per vial).if this was not enough, they refused to return the vials too resulting in DIO blocking their access to COwin portal and further flow of the vaccine to hospital. Now hospital is fighting with DIO in High court and i am the one suffering

What worries me most is that my second dose is due today and have a short windows of another 2 weeks to get next dose.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 2nd June 2021 at 12:56.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 13:35   #954
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I had registered for Vaccine in April (45+) but never got to it due to an action-filled personal life.
==== [*]4- The whole system leaves lots to be improved and is pretty inefficient. I seriously don't think tall claims of vaccinating all by end-of-year stand even the slightest chance.[/list]
Post vaccine update, yesterday night sleep was very disturbed, surprisingly overlall pulse rate also high (anyone else noticed this). I felt rather hot at somewhere around 3 am, morning was lil too much grogginess and body stiffness. So decided to take a bath and work from bed , now things seem to have improved and only a very slight sleepy feel. Maybe I should get a short nap in the second half.

Update: The certificate has been uploaded in my cowin login and it says I got vaccinated at a school LOL. Terrible these guys are...
Old 2nd June 2021, 14:24   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So here I am now. Got my first dose after some struggle, yet no certificate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Update: The certificate has been uploaded in my cowin login and it says I got vaccinated at a school LOL. Terrible these guys are...
On contrary, I got an sms that I am vaccinated and is updated on the portal as vaccinated, even before I was actually vaccinated. This happened after I made the payment at the vaccine centre and was waiting for getting the shot. In that mean time I got sms that I am vaccinated, Thank you.

On symptoms: I infact did not have any side effects, almost nil. Just that physical pain on the left arm where it took the shot. Apart from that I feel everything is normal, wondering whether it was really a vaccine that went in.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd June 2021 at 14:26.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 14:27   #956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
This is just selection bias speaking . Those who are desperate for vaccines make more noise; those who don't are just not bothered.
Good point, could be the case certainly.

This I saw early this year after the first wave had died down:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I felt people were really anxious to get it at the peak, but with cases reducing, many are now taking it lightly. Maybe that explains the availability of more vaccines.
But everyone I know personally, who were hesitant to take the vaccine earlier this year have all changed their mind as soon as the headlines about deaths and bed shortages became a daily thing. All the over-45s who were hesitant went and got vaccinated, all the hesitant under-45s are now spending all day on cowin or those telegram groups, waiting for a slot and ready to drive around Bangalore or outside to get a shot. So not sure if there is really much hesitancy anymore. But yeah, that is not a scientific sample size to draw any conclusions. The vaccine shortage is undeniable though. Really hope that gets fixed soon.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 15:12   #957
BHPian

Got my first dose of Covaxin at our office premises on Friday. No side effects so far. Vaccination was through Apollo Hospitals. Had to wait for couple of days for slots but the online booking was seamless. Looks like the availability has improved this week.
Old 2nd June 2021, 15:18   #958
BHPian

Quote:
From my personal experience I would like to say that all of you guys who have got vaccinated first dose (or you are going to get) but not received certificate or details not uploaded in the portal (for some or the other reason), please ensure you get this thing done / followup with centre where you have been given the dose.

This is essential as your 2nd dose will be given based on the details of the first dose only (either SMS / Certificate or details in cowin). Otherwise you will face problem while taking second dose from any other place as they will simply not take the responsibility and would turn down your request for second dose.

My parents had not received certificate / sms after the first shot at govt health centre (reason not known). I was also not much bothered about certificate at that point in time as getting a vaccine protection for my parents was more important for me. The issue came up when I was trying for their second dose which was not available at the same venue and other venues were not ready to give second shot saying they dont have details of the first shot in the system and you have to go to the same place and ask them to upload the details.

I went to the same place and told them that I need the detailed to be uploaded in the system. Initially they declined saying that it is not possible to do entry back dated and they would give certificate in writing saying the following person got a particular vaccine on so and so date. But I insisted on getting it done on the system only. Luckily that day vaccination drive was not happening and the centre was empty so the computer guy who updates details on cowin did some research and after lot of efforts did a backdated entry for first dose and generated certificate.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:11   #959
Senior - BHPian

Would a 45 day gap between being COVID positive and the 1st Vaccination suffice? I tested positive twice between feb and April and apparently I had no antibodies post my first infection in Feb and hence ended up getting the infection 2nd time in the mid of April. I have not tested for Anti bodies again, but since I have crossed 45 days I’m hoping it’s not an issue to take the 1st shot. I’m sort of eager to get the 1st done since my office may resume partially from end of June, so thought I would be safer with at least one shot. Any thoughts please.
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:27   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Would a 45 day gap between being COVID positive and the 1st Vaccination suffice?
Not commenting from a medical angle, but what I have observed:

When I visited for the vaccination 2 days ago, the hospital guys were insisting that only who were NOT Covid+ in the last 3 months should take the vaccine. They were very particular about that. Not sure if it is for a medical reason or to mitigate vaccine shortage.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd June 2021 at 17:28.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks