Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:50   #976
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Does anyone know the minimum dosing gap required for Covishield - Is it 84 days or 84+ days? One of my relatives, who had his first dose on 11th March had taken an appointment on the Arogya Setu app for today afternoon (3rd June). Later he came to know that walkins are being accepted at a center nearby, so canceled the appointment and went to the walkin place. Interestingly, the staff at this center said that the cowin portal is not allowing vaccination as the requisite number of days between doses is still not over.

I have no idea how Arogya setu generated an appointment for today if the requisite number of days was not over, but the staff said they were helpless. Also, they casually mentioned that this was not the first case where cowin preventing them from vaccinating someone exactly after 84 days.

How can I find out what's going on here - is there a helpline number that I can call? This one is coming busy continuously - 911123978046.
Edit - Called 1075, they gave BBMP number to call, and they redirected to ward level and that number is not reachable. So back to square one.

I can ask them to take a pragmatic view and try again in a few days - but god help if anyone has any problem with this wretched system.

Thanks!

Last edited by Su-47 : 3rd June 2021 at 18:10.
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:35   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
All I see is IMA vs Ramdev and the Indian Medical Association is legit doing it's best to stop the misinformation
Sorry to say but please post some rational things in this particular thread. If this ain't the case, I would really like you to point us to few comments of yours when vaccine hesitancy was fueled by other powerful people and where you called those things out. You are fueling us vs them narrative, this is not a good thing.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd June 2021 at 19:01. Reason: Quote post edited/deleted, removing related response.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 19:05   #978
AZT
BHPian

[quote=Sran;5074795]
Quote:
If this ain't the case, I would really like you to point us to few comments of yours when vaccine hesitancy was fueled by other powerful people and where you called those things out.
Please read the below link where I had called out the Anti Vax crowd a while back. With this lull in cases we are back at whatsapp misinformation spreading which someone posted about a few posts earlier.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5054639 (The Coronavirus Thread)

I am guessing you are Anti Vax and think there is some conspiracy theory about vaccines (Bill gates micro chip, all vaccine takers will die in 2 years, nobel prize winner said not take etc.). All of these and more have been debunked.

Vaccines work, are safe, and are the best defence we have against Covid. I've always been saying we need a massive ad campaign to drown out the misinformation, we did that for Polio, HIV, TB and we need the same for this.

I urge you and everyone else to get vaccinated if you haven't already.
AZT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 23:00   #979
BHPian

I had my first jab of Covishield vaccine yesterday at around 3.30 pm. I fall in the 18-44 age group category. Yesterday, a provision was made to vaccinate bank employees, co-operative sector employees and the management team(Board of Directors)in our region. Myself being one of the directors in a co-operative institution, became eligible for vaccination. Vaccination was held in the local primary health centre. It was pretty crowded in the morning session, so we were all requested to come back in the late afternoon. The staff were courteous and the entire process was well managed. Other than a little bit of pain in my left arm, I experienced no side effects till I went to bed last night. But, since I woke up this morning, I felt quite lethargic with mild fever and headache. A 500mg paracetamol tab in the evening has brightened things up for sure. I should be fine come tomorrow. I am eligible for the second dose only after a gap of 84 days from the date of first dose of vaccination.
Old 3rd June 2021, 23:51   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I still don't understand how if a private hospital can source enough doses to supply a corporate vaccination drive why they don't simply open those slots on the cowin app? If anyone can explain that, I would be grateful.
I don't think this is dependent on supply. It's simply a case of what works best for hospitals. Obviously hospitals stand to make more money by these corporate drives. Same vaccines are priced higher in these drives. The beneficiaries are also happy because they are guaranteed to get vaccinated by a specific timeframe without having to play fastest-fingers-first, and without even having to visit a hospital.
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:17   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
If you have antibodies from the 2nd infection they will neutralise the vax while you move about confidently thinking you are protected and suffer once again.
Is this an established medical fact? This one statement has serious ramifications on the efficacy of the overall vaccination program if true.

Last edited by warrioraks : 4th June 2021 at 00:38.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:44   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Does anyone know the minimum dosing gap required for Covishield - Is it 84 days or 84+ days?
It is between 84 and 112 days.

Quote:
The 2nd dose of COVISHIELD should be administered in the interval of 84 days to 112 days after the 1st dose.
Source: https://www.cowin.gov.in/faq

Moreover, now once we login to the cowin after 1st dose is completed, the site itself indicates the due period for the second dose.
Hope this helps.
Old 4th June 2021, 10:51   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I got mine via the Arogya Setu app. You need an OTP to login to the Cowin portal on the app. and I understand there is a time limit before the session ends and you need another OTP to re-login (not sure how long this is).

I kept playing with some options to keep the session active and as soon as the telegram updates came in, entered the pin code to try and book. Managed to get a slot in about 2-3 hours of trying in between calls & meetings last week.
Thank you for responding.

So, I am a little confused with your response. I get the impression that even after using Arogya Setu you still need to get to the Cowin website. Have I misunderstood your meaning? Or is it that if you use Arogya Setu you do not need to go to the Cowin site at all?

And, does Arogya setu by itself still send an OTP or not?

Thanks and cheers
Old 4th June 2021, 11:19   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Thank you for responding.

So, I am a little confused with your response. I get the impression that even after using Arogya Setu you still need to get to the Cowin website....
Yes, when you click on the vaccination option on the Arogya Setu app, you need to log in separately to the Cowin portal with an OTP. Once you are logged in you don't need to enter a captcha to confirm a slot booking. The only thing I am not sure of is the duration of a Cowin session on Arogya Setu before you need to re-login with another OTP
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 12:37   #985
BHPian

I got the first dose of Covishield on Jun 2 at St. John's Hospital, Bangalore.

I had been trying to book a slot using the Telegram alerts for a while, but each time, the slots used to be exhausted before I could book. It felt similar to the Tatkal bookings earlier.

Finally, over the last weekend, I got an alert on Telegram saying that St John's had 750 doses available for June 2 and I tried booking immediately. Probably because it was the weekend and because there were more slots available, I could book an appointment for both me and my wife.

On the day of the vaccination, we started around 10:30 AM from Sarjapura. There was a lot of traffic on Sarjapur road, which was unexpected . There was a 5 minute delay near the Bellandur Police station, as the cops had blocked some lanes and were randomly stopping and checking a few cars.

Once we reached St John's, there was ample parking, and the security guards were pretty helpful in pointing us to the location. There were also banners showing people the way. I had expected a big crowd since there were 750 slots, but the crowd was not too heavy. We were fully prepared to go back home empty handed, if the crowd was too much, or if it was not being managed well. But everything was managed very well.

The vaccination was being done in different classrooms of the medical college. I noticed 5 or more rooms setup for the vaccination.

The billing was very smooth and there were separate counters for their staff and the general public. There were around 3 billing counters for the general public, where you could make the payment. Once the payment was done, we were directed to one of the vaccination rooms, where there were lesser people. I saw people who were vaccinated sitting on the benches with good social distancing.

The staff who were doing the vaccination were courteous and told me what kind of vaccine(Covishield) I was being offered, as well as the quantity (0.5 ml). Once it was done, I had to sit for 30 min to monitor for any side effects. I left after the 30 min was done. The whole process took around 35 min, including the 30 min wait. It was very well organized and the staff was really good.

After the vaccination, I expected some side effects on Day 1 or 2, but I haven't had any so far. My wife had some body pains yesterday, but she is back to normal today.

I was thinking of waiting for the Pfizer vaccine to be approved, but I'm glad that I went ahead and got the Covishield dose. The whole experience was pretty good and went way better than I had expected.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:01   #986
BHPian

[quote=AZT;5074825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Please read the below link where I had called out the Anti Vax crowd a while back. With this lull in cases we are back at whatsapp misinformation spreading which someone posted about a few posts earlier.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5054639 (The Coronavirus Thread)

I am guessing you are Anti Vax and think there is some conspiracy theory about vaccines (Bill gates micro chip, all vaccine takers will die in 2 years, nobel prize winner said not take etc.). All of these and more have been debunked.
Why would I be anti-vax and how did you suffice it? Did I say something like that, do not extrapolate. I see no mention of those powerful political people in your link but it was just another rant and ad hominem attack on homeopath and others. Don't be judgmental and not treat this forum as reddit and especially like the Indian sub. I have been on reddit for more than a decade and modded subs there and I am very well versed in their labeling tactics(I have attached a picture of my reddit user id page so that you can see). I urge you to not label people especially those you do not know about and be considerate of others. For a rational communication one must not blindly oppose something.

This is going off topic and will derail the thread so I will conclude myself.
Attached Images

Sran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 19:44   #987
BHPian

Got my first dose of covaxin through Wipro in the electronic city campus.
We both were in dilemma whether to take our 3.5 yrs old son along or not. But then decided that we will take turns to watch him over in the parking space and were ready for the longer wait.
To our surprise, they had setup a separate waiting area for family who are with kids and they were given preference as well to go for the registration and the jab without much of a wait.
We had our slot booked for 3 pm today and we started from sarjapura rd by 2:15. Reached the EC campus by 2:35 and were asked to park the car and go to the mlcp for a quick id check and go towards the vaccination center. The entire pathway was well routed and volunteers guiding ppl.
I must say, I had not expected this to be so well managed. Wifey went forst and she was done within 5 mins and was allowed to come back to the waiting area to continue the observation period. Same process was followed for me as well. And before I could realise I had a dose of covaxin in my body already..
Came back to the waiting area and we sat for 20 mins and then were allowed to come out
Overall a very pleasant experience and would definitely suggest for all those who are wipro employees.

From the vaccine perspective, Dont have any side effects till now only slight pain in the arm where the jab was given.
All prepared to see in case fever or fatigue kicks in.

For all those who are sitting on the fence whether they should go ahead or not, pls get yourself and your family vaccinated. It would definitely give us some protection from this virus.
Take care and stay safe.. !!
Old 4th June 2021, 20:05   #988
AZT
BHPian

[quote=Sran;5075231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
For a rational communication one must not blindly oppose something.

This is going off topic and will derail the thread so I will conclude myself.
Please stick to Reddit. This is a Covid vaccines registration thread and vaccines work, science works. I'm guessing you mean no one should oppose naturopathy and that it works for Covid - maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

Please start a separate thread for that, no point pushing that here.

Peace out
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 11:33   #989
BHPian

Folks a question on a mixup of phone numbers:

My aunt got her first vaccine in the month of April (she’s over 45, I don’t know the exact date when she got her shot) and she’s due to get her second shot in June/July. She and her husband registered under her husband’s mobile number.

Yesterday she got a text message saying her first dose was successfully administered and the name was someone else in Karnataka. Out of curiosity, she logged into the cowin website with her mobile number and lo and behold there’s an elderly couple (in their 60s and late 50) registered under her mobile number. We have the names of the other couple and we want to kind of let them know about the mix up so that they can get their certificate and the next dosage.

Does anyone know how to go about this? We know the names of the couple from their certificate but since the phone number is not available, we don’t have a way to reach out to them.
Old 5th June 2021, 11:53   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Folks a question on a mixup of phone numbers:
My advice would be to reach out to the Hospital/Health Centre at which the other couple have got themselves vaccinated and let them know. Possibly a goof up at the hospital's end.

Most Viewed